Lubing up

jaeproductions
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, so I recently got some of Abbey's silicone lube (Abbey Silicone Gun Oil 35) that umm...(don't know his real name) Ratty from Patrol Base said would work (It says on the can it is for giving wood and metal a good finish or something)

and he said to spray the BBs when they are in the pistol mag and when they go through the gun they will lube it up themselves, no need to strip it down.

That's what he's done all the time and it's fine for him.

So I know I am a newb and this will sound really obvious and you will all think I am a stupid little kid but for a hi-cap AEG mag do you just load all your BBs in the trap door as normal, put one squirt of lube in and shake the mag up?

I also put one squirt on the loading thingy of the mag (I know I forgot the proper name, where the BBs actually feed out once winded up) too.

I think I will probably need more than one squirt though to get lube on all two hundred or so rounds, I mean it's only going to cover five or ten if I spray lube just in the top like that...

Anyway what do you guys do?

Thanks.

• Supporters

AEG's don't need lubing in the mag or feeding related parts.

It will just make the BBs slippery so your hop up won't work properly. Lube is meant for gas guns to keep the moving parts and seals in check, or the gearbox of AEGs (but they need grease, not lube) your gun ought to be perfectly fine without it anyway.

Ratty's real name is Andrew, btw.

Okay thanks. Now if I remember correctly I think he did say that AEGs don't really need lubing anyway

Only remembered it when you said it.

Thanks again.

• Supporters

Personally I don't like the idea oif lubing BB's in a pistol either. There's a type of gas cartridge kit which is intended to be used every so often in CO2 cartridge guns to keep the seals in good order - I forget what they're called now but J S Ramsbottom sell them. I plan on getting one of them sometime soonish for my Firepower USP.

Archived