UKARA today :)

jaeproductions
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My dad's getting UKARA today and I was wondering if I should paint my Classic Army MP5K PDW and DE M56C shotgun black.

We already have a CYMA AK47 Blowback and 2 PALCO C02 USPs that are RIFs but I might keep the MP5 and M56C two-toned so I can use them for plinking or something in the back garden, where if anybody does see them is less likely to think they're real.

Obviously you're not aloud a RIF outside where somebody could see it.

Or would camo tape be good? So I can take it off when not in a skirmish, bear in mind though that we're 99% of the time at Halo Mill so camo tape would be kind of stupid indoors and in CQB.

Thanks.

well you cant spray them because your dad has ukara so he would have to own the guns spray them himself and gift one to you providing theres no money involved

(quote)

I am under 18, can my parents buy me a RiF?

Not unless they are members of one the approved purchasing groups, it would appear that there is no problem of a gift from an eligible purchaser to a minor.

well you cant spray them because your dad has ukara so he would have to own the guns spray them himself and gift one to you providing theres no money involved

(quote)

I am under 18, can my parents buy me a RiF?

Not unless they are members of one the approved purchasing groups, it would appear that there is no problem of a gift from an eligible purchaser to a minor.

Sorry yeah I meant my dad.

He officially owns the guns and I can't touch them unless we go to a skirmish then I just literally use it there but it still belongs to him, I just say 'mine' because it is the one I use but I know it is misleading.

And yes he has payed for them all but I guess when I am 18 and have my own licence then I can pay him back for them.

• Supporters

Mate, if you don't like the look of 'em as they are, spray 'em. You're obviously aware of the law and what's reasonable behaviour and, since it's only dicking around with RIF's that's ever going to cause any trouble, it's not like you're ever going to have to explain the situation anyway...

The thing to remember is that most paint will rub off, particularly from any edges that get rubbed by a sling/your webbing/etc. pretty easily, so you'll probably have to use 2 coats of primer underneath 2 coats of Krylon for it to have much chance of lasting. It'd most likely be better to strip the bright colour off before you paint, if that's possible.

• Supporters
yea their is

???

• Supporters

Not sure I understand Craig mate. PM me? My UKARA is ------- btw, just in case you're concerned...

• Supporters

On the MP5K, I's be tempted to strip the paint, it should come off fairly easily, but you will still want to re-spray the front grip and flash hider with Black krylon, really make sure you do a nice job and you'll have a cracking little SMG.

On the shotty, It's all molded plastic, take some very very fine wet 'n' dry and rub it down and again, srpray it up black.

If that seems like a lot of work, I know we've de-two-toned things in the past at PB.

Archived