The perfect midcap... No :(

Samuelol
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening (Or night) all,

I recently purchased 5x Beta Project Mid Cap mags for my GR15 Raider. Up until tonight they've fed perfectly, not one miss fire in about 10 reloads. Tonight I decided I'd get to work sighting in my m4 only to find they were feeding HORRIBLY! Spent the last few hours breaking down my gun over and over, reloading OVER and OVER ect ect trying to find the reason for this sudden annoyance.

Stupidly I should have instantly realized that the mags springs aren't lubed and therefore are sticking - Hence not feeding!

Now, I understand I'll need some silicone lube but I have NO idea how I'd go about lubing the internals of a mag? Soak 75 bbs in it then load/unload them? Or is there an easier, less messy way?!

Also, can anyone recommend a decent brand of silicone lube?

All my thanks again,

Sam.

Not sure how to clean mags but go down to halfords and grab some silicone spray as its much cheaper since its not from a big name airsoft company.

Thanks matey that's a great shout! Sure it's the same stuff and okay for use in airsoft?

I should have done a little research before posting this question - Found a pretty decent guide :) My idea was close to what's needed, basically I need to silicone spray the neck of the mag, fully load it (and let the bbs lube the spring/walls of the mag, then unload and dispose of bbs.

Simple enough!

Great shout about halfords :D

Not sure how to clean mags but go down to halfords and grab some silicone spray as its much cheaper since its not from a big name airsoft company.

I guess, the easiest way would be to maybe soak a pipe cleaner in silicone spray? That's How I do it... :)

If it's a mid cap, it should be peasy-easy to lube the whole thing. :) There is usually a little screw on the bottom of the mag that allows you to pull out the whole spring set up. (Don't worry, easy to fix again, just slide the spring and stopper back in!)

Once the whole spring set up is removed, give a nice half-second spray in the top and bottom of the mags. And give it a shake to move the rest around the magazine! Then just slide in your spring+stopper back in again!

I recommend ASG silicone lube. I bought it off Amazon for about £7-£8 :)

It comes with a handy tube to apply direct spray, especially useful inside of mags!

Hope that helps. I can almost guarantee it is not an issue with your gun. Beta Project make sh*t functioning magazines, unless it's for their brand gun!

For what it's worth though, the BEST midcaps for M4's/M16's/etc... have to be the Adventure Line brand. They have nice markings "5.56mm...blah blah blah...Restricted for Government and Military use". Never mis-fed in a gun, except my old Army R85.

Archived