What are you driving?

iAcorn

Just thought I would create a random thread to see what everybody drives these days. I know some of you will be too young to even start learning to drive yet so until you have your first lesson and whatnot, just enjoy the pictures :)

I drive a 2004 Seat Ibiza, 1.2L. I've had two Fiat Puntos in the past and I must say this is a huge improvement over them. Basically a VW Polo under the hood. And compared to my mothers Citroen Picasso that I've been driving there is no contest. Very nippy and great for what I need :)

20120829112516re.jpg

(typical English rain)

My next car will probably be a Seat Leon, because I have always loved the newer ones. I need to save up the monies for a few years though :D

So what are you guys driving?

• Supporters

Myself. To the brink of insanity by looking at insurance quotes...

Fiat Seicento from 2002, worth £350 according to one of those text valuation things - Fully comp = £3.5k

Who needs a car anyway?

Think I might get a motorbike instead. Or maybe a van, I've heard they're cheaper to insure.

Are you kidding? 3.5k to insure? Thats not right. My first car was a 1999 fiat punto worth £500. I was 17 and it still came to about £1000 to insure. I crashed that after a year though. Then I got another one. 2001 Fiat Punto, cost me £1200ish to insure. Maybe you should look at direct line? My insurance now is down to about £500

WP_000140.jpg

WP_000139.jpg

Mitsubishi L200 2001, double cab turbo diesel

car £1100

insurance (fully comped) £947

it should last another 3-4 years, and then i'm hoping to go to a Nissan Navara.

Pick-Up Trucks For The Win

• Supporters

2005 Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX. First car, cost me £1000, £1400 insurance, and I'm 18.

• Supporters

Well their are so many But i just Bought me a 70's Herbie And Dharma Van to Fix Up otherwise a Focus or a MG ZX still need to pass my Test aswell as sit still long enough to do my Theory....

Honda CBR125R

IMAG0382-1.jpg

Did drive a Rover 216 until that exploded.

Then a Rover 25 for a year then could no longer afford insurance to drive :(

• Supporters

Yea I'd love a Bike be Better on the Insurance and all but i'd be unable to go Airsofting unless i relied on other's which i hate doing...

You say that.

I carried a large gun bag, laden with 3 guns and gear, and a large daysack.

85 miles in the cold and rain (south Wiltshire to Coventry).

Although i would say it wasn't a pleasant trip :P

I have a vectra 1.8 for work and towing stuff around the country, I have the wife's astra for when I run out of fuel, and I have a triumph 900 Thruxton for when its nice (so does not get used much)

As for insurance. When I insured my 400cc Honda Superdream back in 1990, after I passed my test, it cost me £800, and I was earning £1.75 per hour at the time!

• Supporters

Holy bajesus.

Worth the investment of time?

I still need to take my test, but as a student, living at home with no fixed income, I just have no motivation to take it when I know I won't be able to afford a car until I'm about 800 years old... Might never bother to pass tbh, fuel's just going to get more and more expensive and they say it'll run out just shy of my life time, so I might as well just get used to walking everywhere.

Or, more used to, I ought to say.

Bikes will be the order of the day once I get money enough to buy one, I think.

• Supporters
One of these mo'fo's

suzuki-carry-13-02.jpg

It has been named (probably a bit optimistically) by collegues 'the shaggin wagon'

is that the beast richard hammond rolled when he tried a 'Scandinavian flick'?

:)

Its pretty fun to see the variety of things people have. From legs, to shaggin wagons... I am curious as to people carry all their stuff around on a bike though. I'd be wobbling all over the place. Plus I like to know theres a bit more of a buffer zone between me and the floor, other than a layer of cow, if I have a serious accident.

• Supporters

Now hands up who wants to see another photo of dev's car, from shortly after he got back from Europe :P

i always believed that dev just showed up when he was needed or you just said his name three times and there he is