What are you driving?

iAcorn

I go for cars insurance lets me drive cheap.

For years I was only able to drive small fiats until my insurance premiums fell from £749 to £449 for third party. The reason the insurance claim was local crime. I failed to see how anti-social neighbours equates to the inflated insurance prices.

After a few years I found that they were then saying, no, its £800 a year to insure a 1.2L Fiat Punto, yet they were also telling me that I could have 1.6L injection Tipo (fiat) that was lierally half as big a car again... for ony £399 fully comprehensive.

I now drive a bigger car because the insurance again is cheaper, this time its £525 fully comprehensive with breakdown and legal cover for an MPV (size of a decent courier van) which is handy for transporting game equipment. to game sites.

Haha no I'm nearly 37, I had a few years where I was single and would buy cars every 3/6 months 

Had 5x Mx5's, 5x MR2's, 2 Honda preludes, a Honda accord Type R, 2x S14a's 3x S13's XR2, Alfa romeos, TT's, A4's the list goes on 

I think I have an addictive personality when I figured out I've also owned 500+ airsoft guns 😂

22 minutes ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

Haha no I'm nearly 37, I had a few years where I was single and would buy cars every 3/6 months 

Had 5x Mx5's, 5x MR2's, 2 Honda preludes, a Honda accord Type R, 2x S14a's 3x S13's XR2, Alfa romeos, TT's, A4's the list goes on 

I think I have an addictive personality when I figured out I've also owned 500+ airsoft guns 😂

My son still has a s13. Lovely car but bit twitchy for me lol

Just now, Shamal said:

My son still has a s13. Lovely car but bit twitchy for me lol

I honestly wish I had kept one of them because back in the day I was paying £1500/2000 for them, now 

I don't want to look at the prices now, honestly silly prices 

8 minutes ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

I honestly wish I had kept one of them because back in the day I was paying £1500/2000 for them, now 

I don't want to look at the prices now, honestly silly prices 

Apparently there are not many left according to dvla. He has been offered 5k for his

20 hours ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

im on my 68th car (i like cars)

Currently driving a MK1 TT

Screenshot 2021-12-31 at 15-52-57 Instagram.png

Back in the day I had three of these, 225bhp was a lot of power back then. I have fond memories of my black 3.2 litre (250bhp) one with a volcano red interior... the amount of PIMP jokes I got from my work mates was non-stop.... oh and the obligatory hairdresser jokes too... lol . The Quattro system on these was an absolute beast too. The car literally stuck to the road as if it was on rails..... The shape of the MK1 TT was iconic and a design statement at the time... sadly when the MK2's came out the curves were lost for the angular and straight edges which in my opinion was a let down in design... For those who don't know, Silverstone used to have a bunch of MK1 1.8T sport TT's which you could use as part of their track day events. They were such good fun to drive around the track thats for sure!  

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

97BBA8BE-A9B4-4F9C-AC04-C2E0458F7EB3.thumb.jpeg.5de9334f40ae6984d83547ce9a7a2298.jpeg

Courtesy car today! Forgot what it was like to drive something other than a 2.0l Diesel 😂

Edited by Jacob Wright
Terrible grammar...

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 08/03/2022 at 15:04, wicksy101 said:

Here's mine.

That's gorgeous. I had a Silvia 14a and always wanted a 4 door skyline. Or a stagea ...😁

On 25/02/2022 at 22:45, Monkman said:

As of next Friday...I'm going to be riding this.  Harley Davidson Sport Glide.  It's about time I got back on 2 wheels.

Enjoy mate.  Pic of my 06 Dyna Street Bob on previous page, though she has changed a bit since then, few more mods to go then I may post another pic. :)

Currently got a 1997 Land Rover Discovery ES 300Tdi, so nothing exciting, but ticks all the boxes for me and is more comfortable on and off road than my first car way back in 1992, which was a 1963 Land Rover 2a. I like my Green Ovals, although only brand I've had more of is Mopar (not Fiat branded stuff either), proper Plymouth and Dodge muscle.

I'm not driving anything at the moment as my car is off the road awaiting a new gearbox 😃🤑

It's an old Audi A3 when it's on the road - I love it but it's showing it's age (like me really).😅

So for now I'm on the busses. 

On the busses.gif

I'm on my third Alfa Romeo. Wife had a 159, I had a 147ts and now I have a giulietta qv. It's very silly.

I liken it to being married to a super model.

80% of the time it's awesome. 

10 % of the time it's trying to bankrupt you

10% of the time it's trying to kill you...

😁🤪😂