Gen 2 A-TACS FG

The Leprechaun!
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Does anyone know if Gen 2 A-TAC FG (the ones with the in built kneepads) are available in the UK and if so where?

Something like this would be awesome:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2...tal_comments=11

Cheers

Joe

• Supporters

Are you thinking of the Crye Precision AC (formerly 'Gen II') combat cut trousers?

Far as I'm aware there's nobody selling a design like that with the in-built knee pads in the UK at this time (if there is, hopefully somebody will correct me on that one), I can point you at a very nice store over in HK that'll sort you out with a great set though.

The Grange do a lot of FG stuff, havn't really noticed what they have though as not really interested in the atacs stuff.

these guys sell fg but not with knee pads:

http://www.uktactical.com/acatalog/Propper.html

how ever ebairsoft do do one with pads but its based in hong kong however i have ordered a few bit from them in the past and the customer service is very good.

Hmm yeah i thought so, just though I'd check with the infinite wisdom of AF-UK before i went for the ebairsoft version:

http://www.ebairsoft.com/gen2-style-tactic...ith-p-6120.html

Would prefer something from the UK but ahh well. I've never dealt with ebairsoft, anything i should know before ordering, any good/bad experiences? :unsure:

Cheers for your help guys :)

the gear is reasonably good quality i have a multicam pair of normal trousers and the are pretty robust

i spent £250 last year with them and had no problems with the order at all it came slap bang in the middle of the estimated shipping dates

• Supporters

Well this goes back to the point I made before. Your stuff is perfectly decent for the price I'm sure, but you just do not know what you're gonna get out of a chinese factory.

A lot of the money you spend on high end gear goes on the quality assurance and checking that the manufacturer subjects their production line to. You might get 10 pairs of pretty good trousers off a certain production line that are good to go, the 11th will then be an utter mess and nobody looks them over to notice that, or if they do they just let them slip anyway since these guys are after profit and are far away from the customer at the end of the chain.

Not saying nobody should buy ACM stuff, I just don't myself because of that reason. Even if the risk might be quite small a lot of the time, I just prefer not to take it.

Archived