Magpul masada vs tm m14

Bulld0g
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Thinking about getting my self one of these two rifles as i've heard great things for them both i predominantly play woodland, size as well as weght is not an issue for me when it comes to a rifle. Wondering which one would be a better choice primarily for accuracy, upgradability and internal build. Cheers.

I own a Magpul Masada but not a TM M14.

Out of the box the Masada hop was absolutely terrible. I could just barely lift a 0.25g BB. This is because of ARES crappy hop design with this quick change barrel malarky. When you get it, take the hop unit out, get one of the stiffer buckings (Proprietary parts fml) and disassemble the hop unit. Then put the barrel back into the hop unit section, THEN put the bucking in, just make sure not to remove the barrel after as this will damage the bucking.

I was then over-hopping 0.3's with no hop applied. (I also put a madbull blue in at this point)

Trim some off of the wheel, and it's lifting 0.25's perfect with no hop applied.

Other than that, great externals, nice feel to it, great rifle all around, no problems so far apart from a lock up issue which was my fault, the quick change spring is a nice feature too and you can have everything in pieces in 2 minutes with the body pins etc.

Great rifle, feels so nice on a 7.4 and the response is immediate with the microswitch.

Even though it's ARES internals, they're really good, only ARES good I'd recommend.

• Supporters

Accuracy, upgrades and internal quality... yeah the TM M14 wins all those I'd say. The hybrid type box inside the PTS ACR does have a lot of parts that are compatible with products already on the market but it'd take a fair bit of research to find exactly which nozzle etc you'd need in order to fit.

The ACR is the much better choice for slightly closer ranges, more dynamic combat and external optimisation and it's certainly not a horrible shooter out to a bit of distance. But if you just wanna lie down and take shots at people from a way away then the M14 would be the one I'd go for.

Archived