which g36k?

chris gray
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

getting ready to buy my first AEG i have whittled it down to a SRC g36k gen 3 or a jg g36k would appreciate all/any advice and experiences, also what FPS anyone gets with these guns as retail sites give wildly different rates, many thanks,chris.

SRC G36k. They do many types of G36 such as the G36ksk version... with a RIS and PEQ.

Their V3 gearboxes are very sturdy. I have owned both a V2 and V3 version... both are very good, but the V3's seem to have better trigger response!

I didn't have to downgrade either I owned. They fired at about 330-350 fps out the box!

I however have an Ares G36kv... folding and sliding stock and awesome Electric blowback. Costs in the region of £250 new... I picked mine up for £155 2nd hand with low usage!

A little off topic but this is what you can do to your G36, with a little spray paint! ;)

SP_A1085.jpg

JG's are still very good, they used to be the best from China. I had one as well though. Broke immediately, but my mate has one and has lasted years. Literally!

As long as you have fun, they're all good! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I really like the look of this Umarex G36KV EBB. If I had the money it would be my next gun, but I don't so I'm possibly going to build a hybrid that will end up a bit like it eventually... maybe.

If you get a working ARES they're great. Although my G36KV refused to work for 4 months and was eventually replaced by the shop, after 2 spring changes, new gears and 2 motors :/

Have the standard G36V now though and its working great. Would reccomend one of the umarex line, but make sure you get a decent warranty XD

Archived