Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

geoffreym

transport question

i may have to sort out the logistics for between 15-25 people living in manchester to be transported to maidstone and then back again, i'm currently trying to sort out the cheapest prices because it will cost upwards of £1000 to pay for each persons fuel and around £900 for train (this is all assuming 20 people, and 10-15 cars), i was thinking about hiring a coach but that will still cost around £900, anybody have any recommendations.

thanks

geoff

Round trip is roughly 500 miles - at 30 mpg that would be just over £100 per car; at 40 mpg about £80 per car.

For 20 people you could car share - 4 to a car, so 5 cars = £400 - £500.

rent a minibus?

hadn't thought of a minibus, it's a good idea, thanks. definetely look into it.

remember when accounting for the MPG of a vehicle you need to take into account the weight of the passengers.

But yeah, a minibus may be your best bet. Coach will cost a lot to hire + fuel charge, WHile a minibus may be the best alternative. at the very least if you are tight for space, you can get a car to follow with the gear.

(personally id look at hiring a bedford 4 tonner just for the Lulz :D

4 tonner ?

I'd just go for the expense of a private jet :P

lol i was actually tempted to buy one a few years ago, say one for sale for £2,000 and i had just been payed, i was like. Hmmm should i, or shouldnt i. Luckily i chose not. as im sure the fuel cost for a 5.4litre 4ton truck would set me back a fair bit lol