First AEG

JoelE
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey everybody, so this is my first automatioc electric Airsoft gun. I'm looking into the double eagle M83 A1. Here is a picture: m83a1-bbgun-auto__22916_zoom.jpg

I know this gun is nothing serious, and is probably not the best. This gun will be used alongside a Mark 23 (It will be my first skirmish) so this will be used only for a few skirmish, Just to see If I like the sport side of things.

Just asking, has anybody had this gun? And will it serve me well for a few games?

Thanks,

Joel

If you're just starting then most people here would suggest renting from your site.

1) The rental prices arent bad and usually include face protection and some kind of rig.

2) When renting you dont commit to the sport. So fi you don't like it then you havent wasted money on a weapon that has no resale value... Plus the two tone orange is just... ew

3) If you do like it, play 2 more games and you can apply for your UKARA defense. Which allows you to purchase RIS (the non two toned stuff)

4) Whilst playing at your site, see if you can have a go or just look at the equipment other people are using. Get a feel for what you want before you go head first and just buy something.

I hope you enjoy your skirmishes :) They are really fun, but you will be completely exhausted afterwards. Just so you know :P

Hey, I agree with all the above about renting at sites until you have your UKARA. I also had this gun when I was about 13 (bought from the 'then' genie-stuff site before all the laws changed). It was good when I was that age...but at a skirmish site against rifles worth hundreds of pounds, I insist you don't bother :)

Hey, I agree with all the above about renting at sites until you have your UKARA. I also had this gun when I was about 13 (bought from the 'then' genie-stuff site before all the laws changed). It was good when I was that age...but at a skirmish site against rifles worth hundreds of pounds, I insist you don't bother :)

I can't get my UKARA license for another 2 years :)

I'll take your advice and just rent.

I can't get my UKARA license for another 2 years :)

I'll take your advice and just rent.

So you might not be able to buy one yourself, but it is perfectly legal to receive one as a gift, even if you're under 18... I think. Somebody will have to confirm that part with me. But if I'm right then as long as no money has been exchanged from you to the person gifting it to you. Then it's legal... Also the person buying the RIS needs to have a defense too! Otherwise the original purchase is illegal.

So you might not be able to buy one yourself, but it is perfectly legal to receive one as a gift, even if you're under 18... I think. Somebody will have to confirm that part with me. But if I'm right then as long as no money has been exchanged from you to the person gifting it to you. Then it's legal... Also the person buying the RIS needs to have a defense too! Otherwise the original purchase is illegal.

You can't own a RIF Until your over 18. But you can recieve a two-tone as a gift under the age of 18.

• Supporters
You can't own a RIF Until your over 18. But you can recieve a two-tone as a gift under the age of 18.

Reading through threads in the legal section it looks as if there is no problem owning an RIF under the age of 18 - but it must be purchsed by someone over 18 with a valid defence and then passed over as a gift.

Reading through threads in the legal section it looks as if there is no problem owning an RIF under the age of 18 - but it must be purchsed by someone over 18 with a valid defence and then passed over as a gift.

Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by A "Valid defence"?

• Supporters

'UKARA licence' is not a thing, it's just a misunderstanding of the rules that's spread like wild fire for some reason.

In order to be able to purchase RIFs you need to be over 18 and have a defence against the 'ban' imposed on said replicas by the Violent Crime Reduction Act (VCRA). Getting your name on to the UKARA database is one way of proving that you're a skirmisher to retailers, it's not the way.

'UKARA licence' is not a thing, it's just a misunderstanding of the rules that's spread like wild fire for some reason.

In order to be able to purchase RIFs you need to be over 18 and have a defence against the 'ban' imposed on said replicas by the Violent Crime Reduction Act (VCRA). Getting your name on to the UKARA database is one way of proving that you're a skirmisher to retailers, it's not the way.

So does that mean, That technically, Being 15, I could own a RIF?

A 2 week old baby could own one, as long as it was given to him with no transfer of money. But you cannot buy, you need to be 18 and have a defence.

• Supporters

Yes - you could own one at 15 but it would have to be given to you as a gift by someone who is over 18 and had the right to buy it.

For most people on this site that probably means they are over 18 and skirmish at one or more registered sites. Your parents could buy you any gun in two-tone.

Is the pistol shown in your posts yours? It looks like an RIF.

A nice alternative you can do is to buy a Two tone painted rifle, (most places will paint the handguard/stock, and you can just purchase a new non painted stock and handguard and just put them on when you get to the site, and revert to the two tone parts when you leave just to be on the safe side.

Yes - you could own one at 15 but it would have to be given to you as a gift by someone who is over 18 and had the right to buy it.

For most people on this site that probably means they are over 18 and skirmish at one or more registered sites. Your parents could buy you any gun in two-tone.

Yes, It's in two tone though.

Do Airsoft sites sell guns?

technically he can't have them in the same building as his IF then as it would be seen as intent to manufacture a RIF

Actually, the law regarding that is building from scratch, using replacement parts doesnt count as the manufacture. as with or without a defense manufacture of a rif is illegal, which mean that they would have to prohibit the sale of spare parts as it could be argued they are used to manufacture RIFs.

Its a shady area indeed as alot of people interpret it differently, but ive spent many hours going over the legislation that cover this area, so you are safe to do as such, but like i said.

So long as the original two tone parts of put back on the rifle during transport, and only the non painted parts used on private land (such as the sites you play on) then you are all good, as a UKARA isnt law, its just recommendation. so if you are going back and forth from an airsoft site that is defense enough to warrant the use and ownership of a RIF any way.

• Supporters

it is true what you are saying but Judge's will interpret it in the Harshest way possible look at other law's where someone's done something similar they still got screwed (I only remember it being about a weapon of somesort)

it is true what you are saying but Judge's will interpret it in the Harshest way possible look at other law's where someone's done something similar they still got screwed (I only remember it being about a weapon of somesort)

I think I'll just play it safe. I'll just use a two-tone until I can get on the database. I could just wrap it in camo tape. :)

Its all variables really.

The variable of the attitude of the cop, The variable of the judge. You can have a guy who understands what you do, who see's that you enjoy your hobby and understand the law, while you could also get a cop who has a zero tolerance for anything firearm related no matter of intentions and you could get a judge who feels the same and wants to make an example.

Like with everything there are alot of variables to take into account. I just go with the best odds, and try to stay as well informed as i can. Hench the reading up of the legislation. actually read a fair few of em. surprised how often you can catch a copper out when you know the laws lol, just don't do it arrogantly, they hate it. use it as light banter lol

• Supporters

Some site's shops allow you to buy an RIF from them to use at game days, but they keep hold of it after the day ends and don't let you leave with it until you have your defence sorted.

If your site has a shop then that's something you could enquire about.

But since you're... 15? You might get a bit tired of never being able to play around with it at home for 2/3 years lol.

Some site's shops allow you to buy an RIF from them to use at game days, but they keep hold of it after the day ends and don't let you leave with it until you have your defence sorted.

If your site has a shop then that's something you could enquire about.

But since you're... 15? You might get a bit tired of never being able to play around with it at home for 2/3 years lol.

Thanks for that, Have you ever played at the Stan? Do they allow that?

Archived