Help for newbies first gun loadout

Carrel
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all.

I've set my sights on a really nice WE G39RAS for evike.com

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPat...oducts_id=33952

I really want to do some customization so that it looks more like this MK36 RIS

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPat...oducts_id=36448

I know that I will need to shorten the outer barrel, find a suitable silencer, get the right length inner barrel and do a few other modifications. I just don't know what how to go about doing this as this is going to be my first ever RIF! so I'm inexperienced for this. <_<

All other upgrades are fairly straight forward. Just attachments or upgrading the FPS which I know what I need to do.

I also wonder if the metal receivers from AEG's are compatible. I assume not as they have different internals completely.

My other option is to just buy the standard WE G39c and upgrade it with a RAS, longer inner barrel and mock silencer which seems very much straight forward but more expensive. The first option is ideal so if anyone can help me with that then that would be awesome.

well for the silencer, because they dont actually do anything. You could just strip one down and mount it over the top of the original barrel, save you some dosh. just attach the outer shell to a cut down flash hider so that way you can just screw it on and off, and use a combo of some pvc pipe and a few washers to make sure you have a nice snug fit.

"I just don't know what how to go about doing this as this is going to be my first ever RIF! so I'm inexperienced for this."

Ok, so for your FIRST airsoft gun you want a GBB. Can I please ask you to read multiple threads on GBB guns, and you will find the unequivocal opinion that you should not buy a GBB as your first gun.... period. They require an insane amount of tinkering to get firing just right and are a pita to get parts for if they don't go right.

Get the JG g36 that you like. They are bullet proof guns that will need a spring downgrade for the UK, but the shop will do that for not a lot of dosh. They are perfect starter guns and great value for money, and unless you run it over with a car it should be good for years. If you want to upgrade the internals, as its an AEG they are near as damn all compatible, have easy to find mags and generally are easier guns to work with, especially for the starter.

Hope that helps a bit.

Oh yeah, why do you want to upgrade to a metal receiver, when G36 receivers are polycarbonate in RL?

Firstly i'd go AEG as said before. New people just shouldn't start with GBB rifles. Not any assumption that you might be terrible at maintaining them, but the majority of players cannot and it shows from the number of threads saying "waaah my gun doesnt work anymore".

Why are you buying from evike anyway?

they charge huge amouts to ship to the UK, the guns will be running hot as they are for US spec, and then you'll be hit with customs charges.

GBBs are good guns, as a first gun if you're a kid, bad choice, but if you learn stuff quick and enjoy the tinkering then a GBB will work out just fine.

• Supporters

I started off with a gas rifle when I was 18, ended up sinking about a grand into it and it never shot well at all. Gas rifles might've got better since then, but my opinion would be to leave them be until you're more accustom to the other aspects of airsoft. You don't want to be learning everything the hard way all at once.

My M16's charging handle broke before I even skirmished it =/

The noise, feel and appreciation of ammo do make them worth having though, AEGs just aren't as fun to shoot. But you can at least have faith an AEG'll work all year round and be easy to fix if it breaks.

I did get a GBB about 4 months after starting airsoft though, but i am a very mechanical person.

Been tinkering motorbikes since i was a kid :)

Never a problem yet, cant say the same thing for my AEG XD

"I just don't know what how to go about doing this as this is going to be my first ever RIF! so I'm inexperienced for this."

Ok, so for your FIRST airsoft gun you want a GBB. Can I please ask you to read multiple threads on GBB guns, and you will find the unequivocal opinion that you should not buy a GBB as your first gun.... period. They require an insane amount of tinkering to get firing just right and are a pita to get parts for if they don't go right.

Get the JG g36 that you like. They are bullet proof guns that will need a spring downgrade for the UK, but the shop will do that for not a lot of dosh. They are perfect starter guns and great value for money, and unless you run it over with a car it should be good for years. If you want to upgrade the internals, as its an AEG they are near as damn all compatible, have easy to find mags and generally are easier guns to work with, especially for the starter.

Hope that helps a bit.

Oh yeah, why do you want to upgrade to a metal receiver, when G36 receivers are polycarbonate in RL?

Like I said I'm a newbie. Didn't know the originals were polycarbonate. I'd prefer to get a GBB and I've read about them plenty. I just want some more specific help to what I want to do. I figured that a GBB for the first time for anyone would be difficult to maintain so why bother getting an AEG just to get some experience. I just want to get a rifle which is how I want it rather than compromise. I won't be able to get a RIF until sometime around april next year anyway so there's plenty of time to prepare and get to know what I'm buying and how to use it.

Enjoy your gun, enjoy your skirmishing and don't get peed off when you get continually mullered by someone with a rental AEG and a hicap

Good luck changing anything over internally on it, you can't, and change it externally to make it look like a gun that costs half the price. Oh well its you cash.

You asked for advice, I gave it, I think its a bad idea, however whether or not you take that advice is up to you.

But he wants a GBB, and yours is an AEG, and why would he want an AEG when he wants a GBB, and can't even purchase one for at least the next few months so he can become an expert on GBB and machining in that time to make his own which would look just like yours or the jg, but be 3 times the price in the end

and now to breath......haaaaaa, thats better

At no point has he said it HAS to be GBB! My gun is there as food for thought. He states what he is looking at but has no experience of guns. I wanted a GBB originally as my first gun and why...cause I thought it would be cool with the kick and the sound until I realised how much of a PIA they can be! and the cost of constant gas bottle purchases @ £12 a time etc...etc...

He cant become an expert of something he cant buy for a few months anyway can he??

So as I say mine is for sale and maybe consider an AEG

Just read the thread mate and you will see why I posted what I did, the response was not aimed at you it was a parody of the oop, as I had already recommended and AEG for a starter, and got told no why should he buy an AEG when he wants a GBB. In fact its the post two above yours ;)

Archived