Which Sig Sauer P226?

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

So, since selling my Sig, I've wanted another one. They're just too cool to not have one.

Since from my experience the KJW is pants, I'm looking at what else there is.

KSC, KWA, KWC, TM and WE... So which is best?

KSC is about £180 on Zero One, why the ludicrous price tag? TM is plastic, so I'm put off by it, but I understand the performance cancels this out.

KWC are pretty new and seem to be similar to KJW, what with their X-FIVE, but I think their regular P226 might be plastic, so that'll probably be something between the KJW and the TM.

There's the KWA, which I've heard mixed reviews about. It's metal, but has that snazzy gas system in it which is meant to be amazing. So does that have TM performance in all weathers, but metal construction? 'Cos that's what I'm after, ideally.

Lastly there's WE which as everyone knows aren't all that great, but they are producing some CO2 pistols, so it seems promising that they might make a CO2 P226, which would be the best thing to happen to me with regard to airsoft since, well, I don't know. But it'd be good.

Which ever one I go for, I want to be reliable in all weathers above anything else. But I'd also prefer metal construction...

Who's owned any of these that can offer some input?

• Supporters

TM wouldn't buy another make of pistol if I'm honest, if you do go with TM, make sure you get the e2 mags, as they are known to be a lot better than the original 226 mags

Love my KWA PTP. Only £130 ish.

Its got 90% of the peformance but so much more fun as its metal. Plus you can get around 50 shots off on 1 magazine.

I used mine last winter, including in the snow when everyone else's guns vented.

Never had an issue with mine.

Only downside of the KWA IMO is the lack of trades, the slightly "floppy" hammer (when it strikes it kind of rebounds a bit. Doesn't let more gas though but just looks slightly odd), and trying to locate parts. There's not a huge KWA stock in the UK atm, and there arn't many upgrade parts compared to the TM.

Z1 probably holding a high price tag because their hard to get hold of usually.

Airsoft world do the KWA PTP, but their OOS atm. Might have to give em a bell about when they can get more in. Magazines i had to get from evike. Bit of a pain but totally worth it.

IMO Plastic = TM, Metal = KWA. Both the same price, both great performers.

• Supporters

I do passionately hate plastic pistols. I always wanted a TM 5-7, but when I eventually held one, I hated it immediately.

When I was about 14 I used to spend about £30 on these spinger pistols, which at the time were awesome, but now are worse that something I could pull from my arse...

Plastic pistols, feel exactly the same as those horrible springers. They're the kind of thing my mum would throw out because it seems like a toy from 10 years ago...

Tariq, I was hoping you'd have some input, that's helped me a lot. Since RedWolf now have a UK retail shop, you could try them for parts and magazines? That's what I'll be doing a lot of the time from now on.

Does anyone else have experience with the KWA? Joshcowin said his was terrible to me on Facebook the other day. So I've got one person saying they're great, and another saying they're terrible...

Then there's CKinnerley's TM P226E-2, which is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen... But... It's plastic...

Waaaaa.

• Supporters

Ed, the plastic on my TM Glock 17 doesn't feel toy-like at all. It's really sturdy and great quality, and feels like metal. Anyone who's borrowed it ask me if I've put a metal slide on it, which I haven't.

It performs amazingly as well, I use .25g BBs, accuracy and range are really good. My mate used it, and it alone, for a whole day last time we went and he was out ranging AEGs most of the time.

One thing about it being plastic is that in hot weather, the slide can crack. Mine almost did (was about 32 degrees C), rather than crack, it bent. So it's just the same as it was now, although it took a lot of force to put back, I actually thought I'd have to rip it off and buy a new one.

• Supporters

Perhaps it's just the 5-7 that feels crap then...

I do really REALLY like the look of the TM E2. But it's probably because CK is just too damn good at gun photography, he could probably make a photo of a lemon look good...

Never heard about josh's.

Ive heard of a few problems, but its usually from 12 year old US garden skirmishers, who probably don't maintain their stuff.

I strip and clean my guns after every game. And have only ever used the green gas with the 226 (one with the green/white camo)

KWA all the way. So.good i have 2 and i am.the proud owner of the last in the UK. Airsoft world no longer have a KWA account so won't be getting any more.

I hear the TM 226 E2 is good

• Supporters

I think it depends on the gun. The P226 is quite a chunky gun, if you know what I mean, so it's probably similar/same build quality and plastic as the Glock.

My brother recently got a TM Xtreme 45 (or whatever it is) in a swap, and it feels extremely crap and cheap.

• 3 years later...

+1 for TM.

Mine was faultless. Used and abused for years.

I swapped it for a MK23 (TM too) and regretted it ever since. The Mk23 was an impulse swap. Nothing wrong with it - just prefer the P226.

BTW, if anyone wants a Mk23 and has a P226 they don't want, I may know someone willing to swap ;-)

The We is garbage in my experience. Accuracy is pretty bad and had it snap its own hop unit in half after a few hundred rounds and finding a replacement was extremely hard. The whole gun is made of really low quality pot metal. Has an amazing kick however, really quite something. Goes about 1.5 magazines for a gas refill. Can not recommend it.

• 4 weeks later...

The We is garbage in my experience. Accuracy is pretty bad and had it snap its own hop unit in half after a few hundred rounds and finding a replacement was extremely hard. The whole gun is made of really low quality pot metal. Has an amazing kick however, really quite something. Goes about 1.5 magazines for a gas refill. Can not recommend it.

I've had the opposite experience with my own 228. Maybe it's not made of aircraft grade stuff, but its tough as nails, accurate enough for my play style, and I never had issues with my hop unit, just the occasional tlc for the mag o-rings like any GBB and a quick lube before each game

I get that everyone has different experiences and preferences, but I prefer my WE pistol to any TM that I've used, call me a heretic, but I do

Recently had a look at the KWC metal GBB pistols and was very impressed, so impressed that I bought a PT92 and a spare mag. So far its been flawless and the build feels amazing. Its early days at the moment ad have only put about 200 shots through it but I'm still Impressed.

My 2p worth.

I'm just a noob and got a Cybergun/KJW in a rather "Gucci" desert tan and threaded for suppressor as my first pistol and love it, (since using TM mags in it anyway). Even more so now I've got a Guarder 6.02 + hop up and stronger springs and it's still super reliable and I just love it to bits.

Feels properly hefty in your hand, good trigger feel and recoil, got a nice click/snap to it and I'm hitting 20" groups now at 20-25 yards with .25s* and Guarder Power Up but still chronos OK for games.

Always shoots low though, always has, even with new TM sights on - I've also got a bog standard KJ Works branded one* I bought as a backup and it doesn't do that. I can't figure it out, sends me nuts.

So yeah, maybe not 100% for them... maybe KJW quality varies from batch to batch?

*For sale btw.

** In practice.

*** Are there adjustable rear sights? Can I adjust the present TM rear with a shim or something? Am I doing something wrong? GRR!

From my experience the kwa ptp is amzing but so is the marui. Personally I prefer metal so I would go for kwa but if you don't mind high quality plastic the marui is superb

I'm on my 4th KWA PTP 226 due to the previous ones failing (1# - Trigger mech, cheaper to replace whole gun; #2 - Slide crushed after landing on it heavily; #3 - Trigger Mech again.) , gas efficiency in the cold is about the only reason I've bothered replacing it so many times. Other than that TM, always. TM one left completely stock has lasted me 4 years without any noticeable degradation. It's distinctly more robust than any other option. Don't use TM mags though, the WE ones perform identically, at half the price. Seals in those don't need replacing as quickly either.

Archived