Photos from the field

Hubert
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Safe zone at the Malls on Sunday

2014-08-10091243.jpg

Tactical selfie

2014-08-10123202.jpg

• Supporters

Is that a finger on trigger I see?! :o

There's no mag in it though...

• Supporters

If I had a pound for every time I've heard 'it's unloaded though'. So often heard right before somebody pops one off when they shouldn't have. Seen that many a time as well.

Is being more safe in the 'safe zone' ever a bad thing? I honestly can't see how. You cannot 100% guarantee there's no BB in the hop of an AEG without actually looking down the barrel yourself (obviously a silly move). Not trying to have a massive go at you lozart but my main concern personally is that new players/forum lurkers etc will always what they see in game and online as the accepted way to do things, and it's the newbies like that who are far more likely to lift eye pro in game and wander in to the SZ with mags in/safeties off (saw that literally just yesterday). As anyone who knows about accident investigation will agree, it's the way these combinations of failures accumulate that result in bad times.

The yanks have a simple weapons rule that says "treat every gun as if it were loaded"; they don't often talk too much sense bless 'em but in sometimes they definitely do get it right.

Few from my first full days shooting in 8 months!

Moody pre game shot.

1F5C2A3F-DDD6-49B4-B983-1376072CDC1D.jpg

Happy shooters!

E6393CAD-B4DA-4B64-8491-CF5556DB682A.jpg

Action!!

60D57AA9-1DAD-4BCF-A231-10A4552507B8.jpg

FA013766-C1B5-4B80-9BF0-47CB17CC75EF.jpg

B112B469-9A41-4091-B4A3-FB1E923DC2D4.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have a femme fatale to add to the thread but I do have a few pictures from a recent night game and the following sunday that I went to.

PqmIFR.jpg

Looking at the pictures I can also see just how badly my a-tacs fg trousers have faded, gonna have to get something to replace them now I think.

This is a damn cool loadout!

Is that a finger on trigger I see?! :o

Too be fair.. it IS a Russian gun :)

Ratnik_Russian_Future_Soldier_uniforms_c

A proper photo of me in the field, for once...

Jbi6yuh.png

Merlin ride or not, if you live on ration packs for 3 days straight you'll look just as grumpy as I did :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I enjoy good teamwork loads, but it's pretty rare in my experience. I also enjoy the whole sniper thing of finding the best position and getting the 'perfect' shot - like even when ppl dont take the hit, i know i made the shot, despite whatever difficulties, bla bla. Even better if playing as a sniper can directly support a team effort.

But still, I want to win. It pisses me off if my team is losing. I enjoy winning. If we totally trounce the opposition, I really enjoy it! But only if they were worthy opponents. Chasing noobs into their respawn and picking them off as soon as they emerge is funny the 1st time you do it. Maybe if you haven't been for a while too, but really it's not good for my enjoyment if the sides are very unequal in skill and/or quality of guns (which is something which can radically unbalance sides even when it's just one or two very good guns in the hands of a couple of pillocks - i'd only skirmished about 4-5 times when i turned up with my Ares L1A1 working - 425FPS DMR, 20m MED & i was so shit i couldn't actually use the scope so i was shooting over irons and walking my shots onto target - but still just rubbing the oppositions' noses in their own doodoo all day long).

I think that the ideal solution is creative and intelligent marshalling - quick thinking and willingness to change the game parameters during play, plus the ability to quickly communicate the changes to all the marshals clearly, so that they can inform the players quickly and answer any questions correctly (marshals who do not understand a game's parameters is one of my growing pet peeves). But if the team of marshals is not up to that, the next best solution is swapping people around to even up the sides. If that means that mates have to play against each other for the rest of a day, well ffs variety is the spice and all that!

• Supporters

Slight variation in loadout last game....
DSCF5036_zps037d9816.jpg

Looking good, Nick. Refreshing to see an African loadout - I do think your SAAV needs some wear'n'tear to suit the rest of it though - kicked down a hill in a sack full of sharp stones maybe ;)

Tacmaster, come one, admit that you're Frank Castle!

(please do a punisher loadout :ph34r:)

Weeeell, I do like Mac 11s....and I am in need of a loadout for messing around in :ph34r:

A KWA M11 NS2 would be a good idea- maybe one of those Mac 11 shoulder holsters with the mag pouches, and a TM Desert eagle on a belt holster with a couple of extra mags too-

An M16A2 (keeping it classic) AEG would be a backup accurate for the Punisher, I've seen comics where he's had them in his armoury :lol:

Archived