Photos from the field

Hubert
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was the best weekend ever! Especially when I got home to discover that the guy making my Owen gun has decided to make the barrel release knob fully functional so I can remove the barrel and hop unit without tools for either maintenance or to make it easier to pack it up small. He claims it's just as easy to do it that way, but I suspect he is just having too much fun making it :)

Next WW2 game I go to will be February and that one may make it onto Youtube as The Mighty Jingles is going to be there filming (the guy who does World of tanks and War Thunder videos).

post-6740-0-83475000-1417298994_thumb.jpg

This was me at Anzio Camp, Leek with my beloved Scar-l, 'The Negotiator'. Also had long hair at this point!

post-6740-0-36059000-1417299008_thumb.jpg

At Squad Assault, Burlsem cqc, with one of my 2 FN 5-7's.

post-6740-0-10024000-1417299018_thumb.jpg

With my Scar at Anzio again, in the days before the grenade launcher.

post-6740-0-26467200-1417299051_thumb.jpg

At Squad assault again; this time armed only with an EGLM!

You may notice the horrible crossover from dpm to mtp....I had an mtp ubacs that was far too big and only had OD pouched...looked a right mess!!

I've ran 10 at most; I've started using around 4 in a game day when I go to CQB as I don't use them enough to need anymore.

Usually a case of use4 sparingly over the morning, reload them all at dinner.

I have, however, ran the EGLM on my mp9 and ran all 10 shells in a bandolier! Don't judge me!

Na, wondered why everyone liked the picture didn't realize how much it looked like I was playing a trick on people :lol:

Left Mid, in Marpat with the trimmed Boonie standing behind the guy kneeling with an l96 at the front.

I play for the fun of playing, winning is entirely irrelevant. Obviously if you're losing so badly you can't even respawn then there's no fun, but I don't think airsoft could ever be considered a truly competitive sport.

The whole winning/losing/kill counting/etc thing is one of the reasons I'm moving away from the Sunday skirmish and walk-on games, I just don't see the point. The realisation hit me last time I went to a walk-on in exeter and on the walk back to the safe zone a young lad asked me how many I'd 'killed' in that game, he looked genuinely confused when I said that I didn't know or care how many people I'd shot and went on to proudly tell me that he'd shot 10 people from the same building which was about 5 yards outside of our regen.

Obviously everyone gets something different out of airsoft and thankfully there's enough of a spectrum of game and player types that 99% of people should be able to find something they're happy with. Providing my fun isn't having a negative impact on your fun I don't see what the issue is?

Agreed, which is why I organise and play with 10 - 15 friends each time. No one keeps scores, no one gets prizes... but you still end up with some classic moments and stories for the day after! I think as soon as you get competitive there is a motivation to cheat, at least that is what I have found.

• Supporters

After those i'm almost ashamed by the crapness of this photo, but there were not many taken and this is the only one with me in it. At least it proves that I have returned to the field :unsure::wacko:

10805568_424943780996838_311972220402773

@Skirmish Airsoft The Stan

• Supporters

Which ones you?

The fat fuck in black.

We are very lucky to have a photographer on site for game days, she is a mate who plays other half so we tend to get a lot of phots. We are getting so many players regularly now that we are having to split into 4 teams for the mornings games then go to 2 large teams in the afternoon for the bigger games. Means that in the morning 50% of the players don't get phots.

• Supporters

Lol, on my computer you like your holding a musket :)

Looks good though where you play!

You may be looking at the wrong bloke. Do you mean the bloke poking out from behind the stanchion? I'm the hit bloke in the doorway. If you mean the black thing above my raised right hand, it's something behind me. I only drew my pistol once all day, but didn't actually fire it.

TBH I had so many problems with my Bizon 2, across my chest in that photo, that I didn't really get into the swing of things until the afternoon, when I swapped to my Morena, my AK-74.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Thought i'd share my local field. all outdoor and all desert!

Where is that?

Guest pierce09

Where is that?

JCheeseright is correct, ACE Airsoft at Pro Gun Club in Boulder City, NV. Site is being completely revamped next year so new layout and completely new feel for the field.

Some pics from Operation Kashmir at Bellurgan earlier this month. Photos are a bit edited,but our marshal's camera was being a bit dodgy that day and it really was rather grey,rainy and miserable as you do with lovely Eireann.

Just after pushing a mock 105mm artillery piece through 60 meters of ankle deep mud and an awful hill. I'm second from left Boots kept my feet nice and dry,shame they're suffering from CAB crumbly-sole-itis

3l72C5o.jpg

Running back to base after repelling a small attack with mortars when the outpost got encircled. Shame the quality isn't great as there were BBs just barely missing us while running.

e0tTqkP.jpg

On standby at our base after returning from the cauldron

KbwZoWX.jpg

Overall,very nice game. Bit on the smaller scale but very fun.Got my ass handed to me by some guys on the enemy team with NVGs,fair play to them though,encircled us fairly quickly and quietly

• Supporters

21st Skirmish Airsoft Mansfield:

10685550_783955121653032_386600716052560

"...you must not get hit, Medic. You get me?"

10885417_783955081653036_417850932488427

...this is not actually a DMR, but go ahead, just show me your head again. I dare you.

10868298_783954381653106_232714923759201

...I will carry the squad's bubblewrap, Comrade Captain!

Archived