Photos from the field

Hubert
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

I did hate them at first, Marcus.

But the more I see them, the more they've grown on me. The only thing really holding me back is worry that I'll somehow fill the bolt with paint and ruin the gun lol.

• Supporters

Photo of me from the weekends shoot at Black Hills in Dronsfield

With my AK :3

• Supporters

Black is best, anything else looks like a toy.

In your opinion.

However a very large proportion of the top tier personnel in the best trained, best equipped military forces in the western world are not in agreement with you. If you want to run your airsoft guns that way that's absolutely fine, but it doesn't change the facts of what's actually getting used out in the real world right now i.e. the very opposite of toys.

Why would you want a gun painted for arid and desrt conditions then use it in our green woods?

These things are fashion. Special Forces are just as prone to fashion as anyone else.

In a year or two all the guns will be black again.

• Supporters

But the more I see them, the more they've grown on me. The only thing really holding me back is worry that I'll somehow fill the bolt with paint and ruin the gun lol.

So why not just strip it down and only paint the shell then?

• Supporters

So why not just strip it down and only paint the shell then?

I will when I get around to it, but the trigger mech is a bit looming item of doom that I'd rather not go near. =[

• Supporters

In your opinion.

However a very large proportion of the top tier personnel in the best trained, best equipped military forces in the western world are not in agreement with you. If you want to run your airsoft guns that way that's absolutely fine, but it doesn't change the facts of what's actually getting used out in the real world right now i.e. the very opposite of toys.

It very much depends on whether or not you are a Milsim/real life loadout kind of guy or you just want to go and shoot people in the woods for shits and giggles. Telling people they're "wrong" to use a black gun in a UK woodland game because SF troops in real life paint their guns seems at best pedantic and at worst snobbish and patronising.

• Supporters

I don't think anyone's saying it's wrong to use a black gun, but a tan gun IS better for concealment. That said, at airsoft ranges unless you're stationary or it's night time camouflage isn't gonna help all that much, movement is movement and people will see it.

ED:
I painted the lower of my new M4 with the gearbox still in it, just get some masking tape and go nuts :)

• Supporters

I just get annoyed when people start getting all preachy about what is right and wrong based on real life demands that are almost entirely irrelevant in airsoft. As you say, at the ranges we deal with the colour of the weapon is of little significance other than looking gucci. Not there's ANYTHING wrong with that, but let's not try and dress it up for more than it actually is.

I stopped posting on the 501st Garrison forums for that very reason, everyone seemed to have lost sight of the fact that we were arguing over minute details of what a stormtrooper looked like "in real life". On a forum dedicated to grown men dressing up in white plastic armour from Star Wars. FFS.

• Supporters

I'm going to make my gun fabulous!

Rhinestones and a feather boa!

• Supporters

I think black looks boring just from an aesthetic point of view, not even going into whether it's useful or not, I like another colour on there two like tan or OD, or even grey which seems to be gaining popularity now

• Supporters

It very much depends on whether or not you are a Milsim/real life loadout kind of guy or you just want to go and shoot people in the woods for shits and giggles. Telling people they're "wrong" to use a black gun in a UK woodland game because SF troops in real life paint their guns seems at best pedantic and at worst snobbish and patronising.

I am not in any fashion telling people they're "wrong" and I would never imply that. In fact I very, very specifically stated to the guy he is perfectly welcome to use his airsoft gun in whichever colour he so chooses, so I have not the slightest clue why you're throwing insults at me. It's best not to read between the lines when there's nothing there to read.

• Supporters

I am not in any fashion telling people they're "wrong" and I would never imply that. In fact I very, very specifically stated to the guy he is perfectly welcome to use his airsoft gun in whichever colour he so chooses, so I have not the slightest clue why you're throwing insults at me. It's best not to read between the lines when there's nothing there to read.

Fair point. In truth I wasn't entirely trying to single you out, more using the post the illustrate the point.

Equally while you did say the fella could have whatever colour gun he likes, you did then go on to labour the point that all the:

best equipped military forces in the western world are not in agreement with you

which is entirely my point. Why should it matter what real world troops do with their gun? Unless you're specifically talking about re-enactment, Milsim or (dare I say it) cosplay I see no reason why anyone should be told that their choice of colour scheme isn't what real world troops would do. It just makes no sense to me.

All that said, I really don't want to fall out with anyone on here so I'm leaving this one where it is. CK - I like your stuff, your ability to buy gucci kit never ceases to amaze and make me jealous in equal measure. Sorry if you took offense, none was intended.

Best way to look at the whole gun colour thing is to focus utterly and completely on what YOU like (UNLESS of course your aim is to build an accurate SF loadout. No point changing it up for preference sake as it ruins the whole concept).

The same applies to accessories. It was once cool to have many bits and bobs on your gun but now that's no longer cool and people take a more streamlined approach.

If you wanna spray your gun 'dildo' pink and add realistic veins and glitter then it's all good. As long as your smiling when your firing why should anyone else actually care. Just don't pull your trousers down and 'friendly fire' yourself to enjoy the 'recoil' as that could be offensive to others lol

The minute airsoft gets to serious the fun drastically decreases

• Supporters

Just don't pull your trousers down and 'friendly fire' yourself to enjoy the 'recoil' as that could be offensive to others lol

You know you want to see it...

• Supporters

Sorry if you took offense, none was intended.

It's fine, my point just didn't come across right as I didn't take the time to put it across properly. My disagreement was just with an opinion being stated as a fact, because black isn't straight up 'better' as a gun colour, it's just contextually better depending on the individual's preferences. I was just backing up that specific point with some real world evidence that was related to that small area. I really don't think even a tiny bit that everyone needs to base their airsoft stuff on actual military stuff, I don't do it myself. The military is often a very bad source for building the 'optimum' or most efficient kit and I'd personally advise people to avoid doing so in a lot of instances, the military is full of crusty old relics from the cold war (who were trained by crusty relics from the 50s) more fussed about the parade square than the battlefield and it's taken 13 years of constant war for that to change a bit. Soon as the west leaves afghan it'll be back to us and the spams polishing boots (even more) and endlessly ironing camouflage apparel. Which in my experience in the service thus far is the sort of mindset black guns stems from, because there's no significant practical reason for it. But again, for airsoft, folks can do absolutely whatever; I have a barbie pink M4.

• Supporters

Cool, glad we cleared that up.

• 2 weeks later...

10380441_776035322431257_716409514078293

That rifle is beautiful...

547859_660935863940294_71770682_n.jpg

(guess you wont mind since you've tacticooled since ;) )

Longmoor MOD training base.... Deffo one of the best airsoft experiences Iv ever had

4B97F953-1811-4A5B-9E72-A5FF0869AEE3.jpg

Those arms!!

I'm thinking of spraying it tan/dark earth...

Opinions?

This is my inspiration, I think it looks amazing:

attachicon.gif10253970_852841928064594_743105105596280583_n.jpg

Best looking one I've seen! I actually think it looks good!

Archived