SRC Gen 3 and 9.6v nimh batteries

Wardeneo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

can the src gen 3 g36's handle 9.6v nimh batteries ??

gen 3 models have uprated internals and ill be using a m110 spring, shouldn't be a problem right??

cheers liam

RoF will be better and the gun can defo handle it.

I'm not sure how much longer or less it will last though cos the ones I've seen are the same maH as the 8.4v

Need a battery guru to do the maths lol

Also, will a 9.6v fit in the hand guard?

RoF will be better and the gun can defo handle it.

I'm not sure how much longer or less it will last though cos the ones I've seen are the same maH as the 8.4v

Need a battery guru to do the maths lol

Also, will a 9.6v fit in the hand guard?

yea but a 9.6v 1600mah vs a 8.4 1600mah means same amps per hour but at a higher voltage

and from what I've read as 9.6v is only one cell bigger, there IS room for them... (why how much space do u have around ur 8.4v in yours?

liam

There's a bit of room as the 8.4v rattles a bit inside and I'm sure I've seen a YouTube video of someone putting a 9.6v in a g36c, just not sure which manufacturer it was.

Failing that, there's a bigger handguard for a larger battery but if a 9.6v mini does fit and lasts as long, that would be my next upgrade.

There's a bit of room as the 8.4v rattles a bit inside and I'm sure I've seen a YouTube video of someone putting a 9.6v in a g36c, just not sure which manufacturer it was.

Failing that, there's a bigger handguard for a larger battery but if a 9.6v mini does fit and lasts as long, that would be my next upgrade.

yea I've seen loads of review that said u can fit a 9.6v mini or nun chuck, but now I'm questioning it i can't fine them - typical init ^^ - hopefully it does as i want a slightly more powerful battery as u get better trigger response and longer lasting performance ^^

like you said, failing that ill either sell the batteries or get a modified hand guard..

liam

@boro - I got the 9.6v battery - ill bring it in Sunday with me - we can see if it fits....

Cheers liam

Archived