Airsoft West Midlands

nozza
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Everyone

I hope I am allowed to post this

I am looking for 40 players who are seriously interested and mean seriously in starting a club I have approched an organisation about land usage and am waiting for a reply, also be joining the ukara when I have sorted out the insurance costs too

Oh and did i meantion there will be trials for eligable members too

Let me no if your interested

Chris

• Supporters

sounds interesting and id be up for going just a case of getting there

Nutster

• AF-UK Founding Member

I think you'd be better off just setting up a skirmish site there not a club, not everyone wants to be committed to that.

I'm pretty sure it'd be a big hit if you did that.

• Supporters

i'd be interested, just a case of transport mainly! maybe you could PM me a location and see transport wise the best option?

^_^

Any idea of games? themes? dress code? etc?

Sounds really interesting, your just gonna have to give a bit more info out to us.

Cheers.

well if we can get enough people together we can sort transport should not be a problem

yeah games I am thinking will be two sided king of the hill type scenario each team trying to take the others terrority with other little twists and turns too to make it a little more exciting

dress code not got quite that far yet depends on what kit people have open to ideas on that one

let you no more about where exactly when i have finally got the permission

Cheers

Chris

• Supporters

i wouldn't worry too much about dress code, just make sure people put 2 blue / red tape or arm bands on and a strip on there back :)

Just some feedback of your king of the hill theme. make sure you have 2 spawn points that cannot be entered so that if one team is losing they can still be playing and enjoying the game attempting to get there side back and possibly flank to get there's heh :P

what's the plan on pricing?

Game fee, BB's, Gas, Food, etc?

Also have you got hold of any tyres? wooden crates etc? just to add a feel for it, or are you not going to worry? also make sure you get your site heath and safety checked first! oh and anything with fuel in (like a broken car) the government will kill you for having them so make sure everything is drained out etc.

thats cool with the dress code mate

defiantly take onbaord your comments with the king of the hill and the spawn points will be run in the way you have suggested, spawn camping by the opposition will be banned as well as i don't think this is a fair way to play at all

The plan on pricing will depend on what the land owner wants but as this this a hobby for me, i want everyone to enjoy it as much as possible I am gonna keep the pricing to an absolute minumum. bbs well I am gonna try and find a happy medium as to what sizes other players are gonna need and again keep it to a minimum, food i think will be a bring your own affair only becuase if i arrange for the supply it will make the game cost go up.

Okay well good question the location is going to already lend itself to good cover so we should not have any problems there cos its owned by the MOD if you get my meaning prity much purpouse built, as for the health and safety got that covered too

• AF-UK Founding Member

As for BB's and Gas etc I'm pretty sure an Airsoft retailer would be more than happy to sponsor you and provide bb's/gas for a very good cut price or maybe even free ;) It can be done. Obviously they might want quite a bit of advertising about the place but that really wouldn't bother me.

• Supporters
an Airsoft retailer would be more than happy to sponsor you and provide bb's/gas for a very good cut price or maybe even free ;)

I highly doubt free or even sponsor! its a business they are wanting to make as much profit per item as anyone else, were heading into a recession you know :lol:

the best thing to do is buy in bulk! it will be much cheaper, i would only buy .2g BB's and ask people to contact you if they require .25g or higher. as for gas i wouldn't buy many as people will have brought there own gas, either green of 134a (correct me if im wrong ;)) again they can always contact you if they require any items!

I wouldn't worry about food either most people will bring there own or stop by a shop on the way just make sure everyone is clear that there is no food facilities there and they will need to bring there own.

Does the site offer charging (electricity sockets), water and toilets?

:lol: Also forgot to mention, the site is woodland or urban :lol:

Will continue advice if i can think of anyway.

Thanks again

Well i am gonna explore both avenues and if they work out its all good

2g is the size i was thinking to

as for the toilets there defiantly was some there when i was last on excersice with the TA,

Have already organised a couple of 240v genes for charging thats sorted

The site is very open big mixture of terrain though has pockets of woodland, farm building some real good oppurtunties to get down and do some ctr's if ya into that

Cool mate cheers

• Supporters
sorry guys could not get up there at the weekend car problems but will and get aerial views from google earth

shame, still be nice to get an aerial view to make a map of the site from

nutster

Archived