hello from me.

unusual_suspect
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hey all

so a few of my mates are big into airsoft and keep saying i should join up with them and get out there and have a go.

have been paintballing several times but always seems to be a bit of organised chaos, and what they have been telling me about airsoft seems way more appealing.

i have been researching and reading up, and maybe its just me but im a little puzzled...

everywhere says you cant buy airsoft weapons in proper replica form without having UKARA membership, but to have that my mates tell me you have to attend regular events?

so i guess the only way to get involved is to borrow gear until you can get UKARA membership, or do i have the wrong end of the stick?

i understand that you can buy brightly painted/clear weapons without ukara but the idea is for things to be as realistic as possible.

just thought i'd say hi and hopefully some of you guys can steer me in the right direction, and in the mean time i will be reading my way through some of the stickies and info on here, looks like a great site!

• AF-UK Founding Member

Welcome to the forums :)

First off you need to be 18 or over to purchase a 'RIF' (or proper replica as you put it) or even a two tone.

UKARA can be gained by playing at least 3 games at a UKARA registered game site in a period of over 2 months but under 12 months.

In that time you can simply borrow/rent weapons, or you can get a two tone. Personally I don't see the point in getting a 2 tone for 3 games so you may as well rent. It also gives you more time to find out what you like, hence making a better informed decision when you do buy.

This is exactly what I'm going through at the mo. Just completed my first game last Sunday. I decided to rent a gun and in the meantime, buy some other gear I will need.

Just spend some time looking for the kit you will need and don't forget comms. I didn't have a radio for my first game but I'll make sure I have one for my second. It's so important to be able to communicate with your team!

Good luck.

Archived