Morning All

road_rescue
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Good Morning all,

I'm totaly new to airsofting to the point I am still looking for a site etc.

A couple of quick questions to kick off with;

As a newbie, how much kit would I be expected to turn up with?

Are most people members of organised squads, or are they mainly individuals who get put into two teams on the day?

Do sites tend to "theme" events; ie- US troops vs Everybody else, or is it a case of fight in the kit you have?

Sorry for the daft questions, but i'm just trying to get a few details squared away in my head before trying to find a site that suits me. (and any kit I need!)

Dan

• AF-UK Founding Member

Welcome to the forums :)

1) You can turn up with nothing at all, in regular clothes and rent a weapon. Really don't worry about what you do and do not have.

2) Some people play in teams, but again it is nothing to worry about, lots of people turn up on their own or with just one or two friends.

3) Sites may run themes, but the teams won't be affected by that, it will just be to try and make the day more exciting.

Welcome to the forums,as dev said all you need to play are a weapon and a pair of eye protection,on average a game day with a hire gun will be around £30-40 bbs are around £7 for 3000. If you want help on gear its best to read this guide http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/?showtopic=3779

• Supporters

I'm gonna make it even clearer You do still have to get dressed the morning of your game. but otherwise yea what they said and if you still want a few Q's answered i'm sure someone can help!

And hi welcome to the Forums

Thanks for tthe pointers folks, I guess I have no more excuses for not getting down to my local ground and getting involved!

You may get some 'gerdos' that look at you funny but dont worry, At my site I turned up today with the most mistmatched kit beacusse it was cold! But most people will be fine, I dought they would mind if you wanted to try out some of there guns, Today I got to try a £2000 PTW and he didnt mind!

Archived