The Walking Dead & Game of Thrones (SPOILERS)

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

@Henry

They have discovered in the last couple of episodes that you dont need to be bitten and everyone is a carrier (I think the episode was 18 miles out) so when you die whether you are bitten or not you turn into a Z. (Most people believe it is what Jenner told Rick at the CDC)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just to show off for about 4 months one of the game of thrones sets was across the road from me just out side banbridge so if your watching it and all you can hear is "IT BETTER NOT BE sh*t" then thats me B)

• Supporters

Haha, I honestly hope I can hear that in the background now, it'd be hilarious.

• Supporters

Just watched The Walking Dead finale...

Oh.

My.

God.

When is season 3!?

Just watched The Walking Dead finale...

Oh.

My.

God.

When is season 3!?

It was awesome especially with the hooded figure making an appearance ;-)

Thought I'de best let anyone know who hasn't watched the finale that I talk a bit about certain parts in the episode and my opinion on them. So if you haven't watched the finale and don't want it slightly spoilt, I advice you don't read this comment.

Just watched the finale. I to thought it was awesome! Bit sad how they seem to have got into a bit of a habit with making the last episode of both seasons a 'Last Stand' episode and a load of people always have to die which I hope they don't continue in up coming seasons as we'll know what to expect. <_<

I was worried they were gonna kill off blondie at the end there, (Gemma?) but that awesome hooded person with the Samurai Sword saved her. :) Kinda cool/weird how she's got walkers chained up to her with their arms chopped off and there not trying to eat her. :o

Something that I am disappointed with is how the people that Rick met up with in the first season who saved him never came back. The story lead us on to believe that they were going to meet up again with Rick, but that never happened. I'm sure were meant to believe that they either got killed, or lost their transmitter or something like that so they had no way of finding Rick again... I'm sure that's not what the makers of the series originally had in mind however, and I'm sure the truth is more along the lines of those particular actors had had enough with the series, which I think is wrong to do to the viewers. :angry:

I'de also like to see Randels brother come back. :) I'm sure he won't and is now like the people I have just been talking about done with the series altogether, :( as Randel is never talking about him, so there obviously trying to hush that up. :( It would make a good few episodes though.

What did people think about Rick killing Shane? Do you think he was right to do it? me personally, yes.

Also, what do you think that massive institution looking thing was at the end there? Looked like some sort of prison?

• Supporters

I think you got a few names confused there; Blondie is Andrea and Randal is Daryl.

Randal was the prisoner kid that Shane killed. Daryl is the redneck badass with the crossbow whose brother was abandoned on a department store roof in Atlanta, who we assume escaped by sawing his own hand off. I haven't a clue where you got Gemma from lol.

I've spoken to a lot of people about this and it seems to be going back to its roots from the books. The ninja woman is a character from the books, the walkers she has chained to her have had their arms and lower jaws removed so they pose no threat to her, they're just there to mask her scent from the other walkers.

The big institution you see at the end is a prison block, which is a strong-point they hold up in during a large section the books, meaning that season 3 will most likely revolve around them spending a lot of time in it.

The Rick vs Shane standoff was inevitable and it was obvious Rick was going to emerge from it and not Shane, Carl killing Shane is also an idea carried over from the books.

I felt that a lot of the time Shane had the right sort of idea, but he was too blasé in his actions. He rubbed off on Rick though, as he's now becoming more heartless and understands that you have to be a dick to keep people alive. I don't know if stating they're no longer part of a democratic group was the best idea ever though, tensions are high and Rick is at the wrong end of the stick.

If my money is on anyone for surviving the whole thing, it'll be Daryl, hands down.

• Supporters

I thought it was a pretty amazing finale to be honest..

I think I may have to get the books, even if it does kinda spoil the next season. Are they titled "The Walking Dead"? I can't find them on Kindle :(

• Supporters

Yeah they're all called The Walking Dead: Volume 1... etc.

Search by author for Robert Kirkman. It could just be that you can't get them on the kindle, I don't think you can get them on iBooks either.

• Supporters

I found them on Kindle. Being the wide awake person I am at the moment, I was searching my current books on Kindle...

Michael Rooker has been confirmed for the Third Season. So we will see a bit more of Merle

• Supporters

Is there a release date for season 3 yet?

Or even a rough time of year? I remember hearing it's meant to be quite soon after season 2 ended, so I'm thinking around autumn or winter?

Fingers crossed.

Do we think Merle will be a walker, or a red neck douche bag when we see him again?

• Supporters

Sorry to disappoint Ed, but it's not until the 25th October..

• Supporters

October, autumn, winter, same thing.

The Walking Dead season 3, out in October, it's like AMC's birthday present to me lol.

Here's the latest news from AMC

Walking Dead Season 3

- starts filming in May 2012 in the town of Senoia, GA

- The waterfall camp is located on Elders Mill Road in Senoia, GA

- 16 episodes are planned (there will be a break after 8 episodes, like this season)

- should start airing the 2nd or 3rd week of October 2012

- Producer Glen Mazzarra said the prison storyline will continue through Season 3 AND 4. He wants the show to run for 7 seasons.

- Michael Rooker has said he will reprise his role as Merle Dixon

- David Morrissey has been cast as The Governor

- Danai Gurira has been cast as Michonne

- Marvin Duerkholz has been cast as Phillip Eagle (new character?)

- Carol's ex husband will return in a flashback in ep 3.1

- Morgan and Dwayne will return in Season 3

- The character of Tyrese will appear in Season 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Game of Thrones is back on now. Sky Atlantic on Mondays I think. Though I've been following it online.

Anyone else watching it?

• Supporters

Despite having already watched it, and being able to watch online pretty much whenever I want, I still feel I have to watch Season 2 of The Walking Dead again - just because it's on actual TV..

• Supporters

10pm tonight on 5* (30 on Freeview)

• Supporters

Wait, what! Season one continues? I don't think I ever finished watching Season one then..

• Supporters

yea rick we gonna put you back in the tank from ep1 *Rick`s Reaction* oh No Youd DIDN`T JUST SAY THAT Mutha OF ******* ***

• Supporters

Too many breaks!! Haven't actually seen this half of season one though, so once it's finished, I'm going to have to watch Season two again to get myself back on track..

Archived