The Walking Dead & Game of Thrones (SPOILERS)

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

It's on FX tomorrow at 10......

Loving walking dead.

Having said that, If they kill of Dale, I'm outta there.

seen Episode 8 - alright I guess, but not all that much happens really.

Also, I predict:

The crossbow dude and sophies mum get it on

shane and dale continue to argue

all the ladies continue to be permanently 'that time of the month'

the vet farmer guy has a paddy about.... well, anything really.

I've watch EVERY episode and I still don't know their freaking names. Nice work giving people strong charactersm AMC, nice work.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Why is FX not on Freeview!?

Wasn't the first series on BBC 3 or something?

EDIT: Does the boy die? Does his father die?

EDIT 2: Never mind, they got back with the medical stuff...

Next weeks episode is going to make up for the slow start to Nebraska. Just seen the spoilers and omg its awesome with Walkers galore.

• Supporters

Dave, you noob, how can you not know their names? I think AMC have done a good job of it, it must just be you.

Now Game of Thrones, THAT'S a hard show to learn the names of people!

• Supporters
It's on FX tomorrow at 10......

Loving walking dead.

Having said that, If they kill of Dale, I'm outta there.

seen Episode 8 - alright I guess, but not all that much happens really.

Also, I predict:

The crossbow dude and sophies mum get it on

shane and dale continue to argue

all the ladies continue to be permanently 'that time of the month'

the vet farmer guy has a paddy about.... well, anything really.

I've watch EVERY episode and I still don't know their freaking names. Nice work giving people strong charactersm AMC, nice work.

Crossbow dude = Darrel

Vet farmer guy = Hershal

It's Sophia not Sophie and the women aren't important lol.

I like Dale too, though I think he's trying to prevent change that everyone else is trying to follow, so I reckon if anything bad happens not regarding someone being killed, it'll be Dale falling out with everyone.

I'll be surprised if Darrel and whatshernamestupidhoe Sophia's mum get it on, but I think the other predictions are pretty much a given lol.

Has anyone read the graphic novels? I personally haven't, but there seems to be a lot of story clashes. For example, in the books Carl shoots Shane quite early on apparently.

• Supporters

Ed, you completely lost me with the names there.. but maybe that's because I'm brain-dead from watching it non-stop since about 7..

• Supporters

Is the episode on FX tonight Nebraska? Or the second episode of the second series' second half?

Second second second lol.

I'm just wondering if we're running parallel with the US over here, or if we're a week behind. Either way I wish I hadn't cancelled my Sky subscription =[

the us had it aired on sunday as we hav it tonight (friday)

just does my head in with mid season breaks.......as for GOT S2 bring it on, im just 6 chaps into book 5 A Dance With Dragons and it keeps getting better with every book :)

(geek mode activate)

I think the walking dead is great and i tottaly disagree with Cyrax. I think if there was a zombie apocalypse people would eventually get used to the idea of zombies being everywhere and relationships and stuff would become important again.

(geek mode deactivate)

The walking dead is great!

Each to their own.

However, whilst you are dealing with emotions, ill be stockpiling weapons, ammunition, food, and ladies. Probably in pretty much that order.

• 3 weeks later...
SPOILER View
Nooooooo Dale is dead and what a crap ending for him and to boot and AMC has leaked that Shane dies this season and have leaked the pic of him as a Z

• Supporters

God damn I didn't know that! I don't go hunting for spoilers.

Thanks a lot >:-(

• Supporters

How many episodes are there left?

• Supporters

Thanks Dev, but if you have to add the spoiler alerts, it'll still always be spoiled for you =[

Poor Dev.

• Supporters

Just watched the season finale, at least I think it was the season finale, the ending definitely seemed finale-esque...

So what did everyone make of season 2?

Great penultimate episode last night.

SPOILER View
The penultimate episode last night was excellent and it was great to see shane get killed by Rick and then come back as a Z. Loved the way shane lured Rick out with the intention of murdering him. It was also confirmed that they all have the virus. (I reckon this is whatwas whispered to Rick by Jenner at the CDC)

• Supporters

You mean that WASN'T the finale?!

Wow, what on earth is going to happen next week?

• Supporters

Who said it wasn't the finale?!

You mean that WASN'T the finale?!

Wow, what on earth is going to happen next week?

This is!

Seriously dont read this if you dont want to know what has been leaked

SPOILER View
Shot opens in Atlanta: a group of walkers are feasting on what looks like Rick's horse, or what's left of it, when they're startled by the sound of a helicopter flying overhead. The horde migrates over several days, weeks, a great distance, and eventually comes to a fence. The fence bows and breaks under the relentless forward motion of the walkers. The herd presses on. Wandering aimlessly in the forest, the walkers turn as a gunshot goes off like a beacon, leading them to dinner. Soon they are closing in on Rick and Carl, as they leave the scene of Shane's murder.

Daryl and Glenn arrive back at the farmhouse. They explain that they heard a gunshot, and share their confounding findings about Randall.

As they walk back to the house, Carl asks Rick about what happened to Shane. Soon after, they notice the walkers bearing down on them, and it's not long before they are overtaken and have to make a run for the barn. Back at the house, the rest of the survivors are just figuring out that Carl is missing and walkers are approaching. Lori is panicking. Hershel passes out the guns.

The horde is making quick work of the barn. Rick dumps gasoline everywhere, busts open the door to lure the zombies inside, and climbs up to the loft with Carl. Carl drops a lighter into the gasoline-soaked hay, igniting everything in sight. Meanwhile, the men and Andrea shoot from their cars in a futile attempt to corral the herd and buy time.

Finally, Daryl figures out that Rick and Carl must be in the barn, and instructs Jimmy to drive the RV to the barn to rescue them. Rick and Carl manage to barely escape, while Jimmy is devoured inside the RV. Blood is everywhere, coating the windshield.

The survivors are starting to run out of ammo. The horde is too large.The women hold hands and make a run for it as Hershel makes a last stand for the farmhouse. They are just about clear when Patricia is attacked from the side and is devoured while Beth is still holding onto her.

Carol is headed off by a few walkers and backed into a corner with nothing but a plank of wood to defend herself. Andrea saves her but is attacked from behind and gets pinned under a walker. T-dog pulls his car around, but quickly has to leave the scene with Beth and Lori before the car is overtaken.

Glenn tells Maggie that the farm is lost; they have to get off the farm, now. Hershel comes to the same realization, almost too late, as a walker sneaks up from behind. Rick saves Herschel and they along with Carl head out in their own direction. Glenn and Maggie take off as well. Daryl finds Carol about to collapse from running, and they speed off together on Daryl's motorcycle. Andrea is abandoned. The barn collapses into the flames. And we're not even halfway done.

The group is now scattered. Glenn and Maggie switch places in the car as Maggie breaks down and can't continue driving. Glenn says they need to make their way to the highway, but Maggie protests that the herd came from that direction. Glenn finally tells Maggie that he loves her.

Rick, Carl, and Hershel arrive at the highway, where they left the care package for Sophia, hoping that the others will think to rendezvous here. Hershel is ready to part ways, but Rick wants to stick together.

Lori and T-Dog argue over where to drive. T-Dog wants to head to the coast, but Lori threatens to jump out of the car if he doesn't turn around and go back to the highway.

A walker appears on the highway. Rick is about to give up on waiting any longer, but… in the nick of time, the other survivors arrive. Time for a head count:

Shane - dead

Andrea - missing

Patricia - taken by the walkers

Jimmy - splattered all over the RV

Meanwhile, Andrea is running for her life in the woods, but the walkers pursue her tirelessly. She can't keep this up for long. Walkers are emerging from the trees in random directions as Andrea shoots to clear a path.

The survivors leave the highway, pushing onward, but soon run out of gas. Several people start to panic and are on the verge of giving up. Rick tries to pull everyone together. The conversation turns to Randall and Shane. Rick has to come clean. He reveals that the secret Jenner whispered to him at the CDC was that everyone is a carrier of the infection. The group is not happy that Rick has kept this from them.

Lori and Rick talk privately. Rick tells her what went down with Shane, and confesses that it wasn't just self-defense… he wanted Shane dead, he was tired of Shane dogging him and acting like Rick stole Lori and Carl from him. Lori freaks out when she finds out Carl's role in Shane's death and withdraws from Rick, refusing to let him touch her.

Andrea is exhausted. This is the end of the line. She can't carry her gun-bag any longer, her pistol is out of ammo -- she bashes in a walker's head with it -- now she's down to knives, another walker practically on top of her… enter Michonne to save Andrea at the last minute, towing two armless walkers in chains, samurai sword in hand.

The rest of the survivors set up camp in the middle of nowhere. They may have found each other again amid the chaos, but the group is still broken. Many are ready to run off into the dark and leave Rick behind, fend for themselves. They are on the verge of splitting up again, when Rick takes back control... he says they're not going anywhere; he killed his best friend for them. This isn't a democracy anymore.

The camera pans up… in the distance looms a prison facility.

End of Season 2.

• Supporters

No! Why would you do that!? Now I've noticed you've posted it, my curiosity will make me read the spoiler no matter what, especially if I have to wait a week!!

• Supporters

I read the first line of what looked to be a pretty massive spoiler lol and what I watched isn't the finale.

So there's 13 episodes, I watched the 12th.

SPOILER View
I'm a little confused. So I literally just watched episode 13 where Shane completely loses it and Rick is forced to kill him. Shane later on comes back to life but as a WALKER. Rick didn't leave his body at any time so its not like a Walker had a quick nibble at him. How did this happen? I was just as puzzled when Shane took the hostage into the woods and killed him, who then came back as a walker themselves, but Randle said there wasn't any sign of a bite on the body when him and Glenn killed it. What I'm saying is, I thought you could only be turned into a Zombie if their DNA gets into your system, i.e. being bitten, scratched, eating off or drinking off the same food/water source. I swear in an earlier episode they clarified this to...

P.S. Ed, there's one more episode of this season. Looks pretty EPIC! Hint: Last stand!

Archived