Motor working - Shorting out when on gearbox

nicholas-c
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, If you see my other thread I had major issues with wiring for my L86, Snapped a connector on the motor etc etc. Anyway. I have got the wiring issues sorted. The motor runs if I hold it, however as soon as I attach it to the gearbox it sounds like it is trying to spin the gears but... Nothing moves then the fuse blows. I thought I could have hooked up the positive to the wrong side of the motor... So I swapped them round and... Same again. Sounds like it's trying to move. I haven't ever taken the gearbox apart except for spring change (easy to do) so no idea what it could be...

Weapon: L86A2

Make: ICS

Motor: ICS 3000 Turbo

Gearbox: Default

Spring: M110

Put your original spring back in and see if it still does it.

You may well have too big a spring in there, or you have locked something up when changing the spring. Change the spring back to the original and try it, but don't let the fuse blow, it will either work straight away or not. If your fuse is blowing then your motor is drawing too much current as it is desperately trying to turn the gearbox but can't. I had an issue with a m110 spring and a motor, it was just not upto compressing it, so I returned it to normal and it was fine. If you put a harder spring in you may have to change to a hi torque motor.

Those ics turbo motors are more than capable of an m110! so if its an ics box is it a split box ie spring at top and gears and motor seperate in the lower box. I have taken a fair few boxes apart and know my way around these boxes pritty well. Let me know and i may be able to help!

Figured it out and re-wired it, Basically My wire was a tiny bit too short and was pulling a connection loose somewhere. Anyway. All fixed now thanks for the suggestions!

Quick question to add though... Can the ICS 3000, Standard gearbox and piston with M110 spring withstand an 11V battery for a day? Bought an 11V today, charged it... M4 is... FAST and L86 even faster RPM however being default gearbox etc... Can it (or the M4) take that kind of work for an entire day?

Archived