blind firing devices

geoffreym
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I like my concept better, mount a small screen inside a pair of glasses, then put a camera on the rail. and boom.............best "blind" fire

I like my concept better, mount a small screen inside a pair of glasses, then put a camera on the rail. and boom.............best "blind" fire

and then there's my poor mans version lol.

and yes that'd be very cool, possibly finding some way of rigging it to a go pro or contour and tricking it into both displaying and recording at the same time. a smallish video camera would be best, but i'd be unwilling to put the kind of money needed to get a good one onto the end of my rifle, and most of them aren't renowned for their durability.

oh, and instead of sunglasses, put the screen into one of those dummy PVS14's so that you can flip up and down when needed.

well actually what ive built so far, the camera which is a 1.4mp button cam, mounted inside of a old torch i had, the cable runs down the supporting arm (left arm and to a screen (TV glasses cost about £70 on ebay). i want to make it wireless video though so i c=dont get caught up

How have you gotten it to play, the only ones i've found are either for a i phone or run off of internal storage?

well the button cams come with a small recording device, all you need is a micro SD, the quality is piss poor when you watch it back, but for a 1 inch screen 1cm from your eye you dont notice.

but it wouldnt be hard to do it with a better camera, just be a damn site more expensive.

so you can't yet run it realtime, that's the same problem i've been finding. What i've been thinking about is getting a good video camera and running a fibre optic from the front end (again to a dummy torch, probably) and just extending the wires on the flip screen to a helmet mount. unfortunately this is a idea that'll only happen when money is no object lol.

• Supporters

The problem with blind fire in airsoft is insurance...Most sites are really strict on it :/

I think though, the above item, and indeed many of the supposed "workarounds" have huge potential for target pre-acquisition...Get your gun aimed and finger on the trigger before you walk out...You can see the enemy, your gun is trained on them, and you know if they're in a position to shoot back...It allows you to make a much more serious decision about your gameplay...

I think I may just invest :D

Must of misunderstood me, i thought when you said "can you get it to play" i asumed you were on about recording, it does indeed work realtime.

As for using it to aim. Ive drawn a small Acog style reticul on a lens so that when aiming with camera real time video is easy with this little set up, recording is the hardpart, because i always end up strangling my self on all the access cables. its why my first idea was to mount it all inside of a flight helmet.

Archived