Braving the snows

magicaldr
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I managed to get in a great day's play on Sunday at Ambush despite the weather. There were not that many of us there and it was touch and go if the day would run just on numbers, but it all came together in the end. Some great marshalling and few new (to me) 'low' player count games made it one heck of a day out. (Hostage bank scenario, minefield, pilot (Un-killable) and 2 snipers against everyone)

We all seemed to have kit issues at some point even if the people survived the cold. GBB's that would not cycle, flat batteries that we were sure we charged, etc. Glad I own a spring tri-shot shotty that earned its keep yet again. Was a day of helping each other out and survival with what you had, but we kept warm and there were no cold weather or other injuries on the day so that's a result :)

Best camo of the day had to be the man in his dressing gown, like fighting the jedi he could just vanish! (he had full combats underneath)

img2012020500003noface.jpg

Was wondering if any other brave souls got out there yesterday, how was your day? Did you manage that elusive 'snowball kill', or forget your magazine as you were so excited off the last game you got 2 steps into the safe zone before it clicked. (10 situps in the snow, note to self dont do that again...). we were discussing lipo's and how they fare against nimh, the lipo guys seemed to have a better time of it but gas was not good...

Yours truly with trusty shotgun:

img2012020500012.jpg

Just waiting on the game start whistle

img2012020500010noface.jpg

I was out saturday in the cold, and then the afternoon in the snow. Was great.

Didnt get any pics but i was just wearing trousers, and shirt and tie.

Last few games i didnt have an AEG, and the pistol wasnt working... so donned the knife and snowball.

Game day in the snow 2012

had a few more than that in the past as well

Cool selection of pics, shows a couple of things we noticed on our day as well. The 'clear' non ukara guns worked rather well as they matched the snow :) Also surprising how 'good' desert camo worked in muddy snow with any vegetation.

Where were you playing?

Was out at close action in grafton park the old american airbase and the snow made for a very fun day, running through the snow and going for the long walk to the safe zone was tiring though! i was wearing waterprood trousers and jacket and i was crawling through it and was still bone dry underneath

our photies from sunday and what little snow we could find.

the site counting count was at was Cerberus' 'Complex' in leeds.

That just goes to show how uneven the snowfall is / was in West Yorkshire...

Yes it is the Complex, and I'm disappointed that we had to constantly supervise a certain cheating little sh*t or I'd have had my Arctic Whites out.

was good to meet you magic (desert rental guy). me and my buddies are heading back up to chobam this sunday! lets just hope it doesn't snow once more.

Archived