Multicam Gear & Loadouts - Mk 1

TheFull9
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Here's mine as it stands. Only things I'm missing on these photos are my knee pad and my eye pro.

Wearing all this stuff on the scales sent my weight from 80 to around 95kg...

IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

Forgive my crap camera work and modelling prowess, all I've got is my phone.

I feel like it's all quite cluttered, and I have to have everything so tight I can't breathe because otherwise it shakes about all over the place...

I'm running with my pistol's mag pouches on my belt as well, which isn't how they're meant to be used since they're molle... But if I put them on my rig they have to sit on top of the rifle mag pouches, which makes me look immensely fat, making it even harder than it already is to go prone or get low to the ground.

Any pointers?

I can't believe soldiers are actually capable of carrying this much stuff, they must be so slow and encumbered compared to their taliban adversaries... I mean if it were real, my mags would each weigh about 5 times as much, the rig would have plates in it making it weight at least 4kg more that it already does, they'd have about 3kg of water, if not more added on top + medical essentials etc etc.

Hats off to them.

• Supporters

They also do a lot more Physical than some People beside's their trained to deal with the weight.

get a Molle Belt CK has some Pretty awesome one's up on his youtube

• Supporters

Move one/both set(s) of mags to your chest? And move the ptt over to the shoulder strap?

• Supporters

I might try that, but the PTT is best where it is.

Might just lose the patches and see how they are on my rig. My assumption was that they would block easy access to my rifle mags but I guess trying it before making that assumption would be a good idea.

• Supporters

I agree with Nutster move your PTT to your shoulder strap then have the pistol mags mounted on your chest molle

• Supporters

I think you'll find that if you're interested in quick/easy reloads you will be annoyed by having anything other than maybe an admin pouch up on your chest (based on my own experience) and that the reloads on the actual pistol will be painfully annoying, but that's just my experience. It's going to depend how concerned you are about being quick to the magazines. For me that's absolutely priority number 1, but it's obviously going to vary from person to person.

By all means give it a go, get out in to the garden run a load of reload drills in the standing/crouching/sitting/squat/prone/supine then change your rig around and do it again. That's the best way to go about it; there's nothing wrong with running MOLLE pouches on a belt though, pretty common in fact. There's little adapters on the market which can help make it all sit better and feel more comfortable as well. Possibly by Tac Tailor, I know FirstSpear definitely make something along those lines.

I won't go in to the whole thing with carrying real-world weights because it just brings back painful memories and I've only ever come close'ish (emphasis on the ish) to what the army carry while I've been on exercise. Sufficed to say now-a-days I almost always run with webbing or a bergan if I'm out on my own for some phys.

• Supporters

I'll try rejigging stuff when I've got an hour or so to spare.

Since we're on the topic, is there an easier way to thread molle pouches on? It's a right bastard, I had to get the pliers out to pull the strap through the last loop!

To be honest what you need is a rig that you can attach things around the sides or a Molle belt.

And as for the weight you said it adds about 15kgs to you the lads on tour don't leave the gates with anything less than 30ish kg and that's only if theyre out for a quick stroll. But there are bits of kit that help with it will try and get a link

A speed threader

• Supporters

Personally, I've tried the Magpul threader and it can be handy for certain pouches on certain places on specific rigs, but I didn't find it to be any quicker or easier overall, just different. TT and Blackhawk will tell you their MALICE clips or Speed clips will make it all quicker but none of that's true.

If your straps are that tough to pull through it's just a combination of material thicknesses/types and stacked tolerances on the specific gear you're using right there. I've found varying difficulties of attaching pouches depending on the brands I'm putting together at the time.

• Supporters

Newest pic of my uksf loadout, got some tips on how to improve but need paying first :P

EBAEFB68-0034-42AF-87F7-675DF2836125-3305-00000419ECDB394D.jpg

• Supporters

It's called a duty belt loop or some other such name ;) puts it at the perfect height, just low enough not to interfere with my rig and not so low I have to stretch for it :)

• 2 months later...
  • Supporters

This thread badly needs some degree of revival, it was on the 4th page of topic listings!

Not strictly multicam, but I figure you meant MTP and similar patterns too.

Anyway almost done:

735182_10151234202777913_1920413748_n.jpg

248792_10151234202752913_1947516348_n.jpg

1469_10151234202517913_1055889614_n.jpg

65844_10151234202507913_1334594418_n.jpg

16547_10151234202462913_1022380806_n.jpg

18985_10151234202437913_1461479488_n.jpg

406025_10151234202382913_1944138112_n.jpg

582421_10151234202297913_2090222636_n.jpg

397649_10151234202307913_1943761447_n.jpg

163336_10151234202292913_605171561_n.jpg

• Supporters

Yeah, that's something I need to figure out. I guess that's why they use drop legs... Might just not bother with it and save it for when I've got a sniper.

I'm sure only officers get given pistols anyway?

Just the Mk7 helmet and Lowa boots to complete it though.

But I feel like my waist is lacking. I'm sure we're not issued any kind of molle belt, but my non-airsoft belt kinda takes from the overall look...

• Supporters

Molle belt is issued of sorts. Mainly used for bangs and other such kit, at least from the pics I've seen

Some of the lads i went training with in Italy with 4 YORKS who'd been on tour with 1/2/3 YORKS had MOLLE belts which had all their magazine pouches on their left hand side and nothing on their plate carries, the reason being anything on your chest can add to the shrapnel from IED blasts etc. Obviously that dosen't matter for airsoft, but if you want the realistic factor its worth considering. That said, there is not official 'set-up' apart from magazine pouches on the left hand side and a med-pouch on the right i don't think.

I believe anyone who wants a pistol can request training on one and then is given one (although priority is given to front line soldiers).

Might wanna add loads of scrim on your helmet too (if you can try and get some off cuts/strips of MC/MTP mixed in with a bit of hessin/sandbag material), it seems a lot of lads are rocking that look now.

• Supporters

I'll look into the scrim idea when I get my Mk7 but it's definitely something I'll consider.

I've been talking to a Para from ZeroIn about how they generally run the Osprey, he told me they have to have the admin/commander pouch on the front, top in the middle and medic pouch on the right, so I've got that covered.

Then he said he had 2 double mag pouches on his left, 1 on his front for fast access, one in the rifle - so 6 easy to access and then another 4 to 6 would go on the outside of his day sack.

Since airsoft tends to require the use of more ammo and I don't have a daysack, I've put 3 double pouches on my left, so 6 mags to his 4, with another 2 on my front instead of his 1 + the one in my rifle - 9 easy access mags and then instead of fixing the remaining ones on a daysack I don't have, I've crammed them in my medic pouch, since it doesn't actually contain medical supplies I figure I might as well give it a more useful purpose.

As for the belt rig, I found one somewhere the other day, I think it was on uktactical or something, that was designed specifically for carrying .338 Lapua magnum magazines for the L115A3. So when I FINALLY get my L115A3, I'll invest in that belt, then I can use that for everything I can't get on my front.

All that said, I've still got the ops panel and necessary clips to attach it either on the way to me, or in an auction on the bay, so once I get all that stuff I might completely change everything... I'll just have to wait and see.

I'm skirmishing it all as in the photos above tomorrow, so I'll see how I get on.

• Supporters

Make sure to keep an eye out for a Gen 4 G17. The RIS and grip-pod have gone FDE as well.

Everyone round here (even remfs like me) are deploying with pistols now. Don't know if that's the whole military, but I'd imagine it's pretty much everybody.

• Supporters

Yeah I know, don't like the dark earth RIS and grip-pods though D=

I'm going to ground my loadout in 2011. When everything I have was actually in use lol.

On another note, today's skirmish with the Osprey went really well, though I do now feel like my shoulders have been tugged down to below my knees they ache so much from the weight.

The mag set up I had was great though, coped with it completely fine. No need for the ops panel anymore, which is a shame since I've already paid for one... Just my luck.

I've also dropped out of the bids on the clips and stuff to attach it, since I don't think I'll make use of it. Which is also a shame, 'cos I'd have liked the proper sling from it. But I can live without that for the time being.

I ought to have some new photos for the "photos from the field" thread shortly.

• Supporters

It's Dark Earth, not Tan.

I think there are some photos on UKAZ on the L85 thread, or at least a photo.

Archived