paintball and airsoft

you will succeed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I wouldn't risk it, I once had a cheap spring pistol years ago and two bad things happened - firstly, I loaded a full mag into the gun, which made the spring pressure in the mag squash a lot of the paintballs inside the magazine. So that mag was totally ruined.

Second problem, the air pressure the paintballs are put through under the standard process of firing caused them to break inside the barrel, meaning you have to fully strip the gun to properly clear the barrel.

If you can buy high grade, hard, paint filled BBs then they'll probably be alright. Just be wary of the cheap ones.

Well its one way to coat the inside of a barrel, though I would use silicon rather than emulsion to be honest.

Only use high quality BB's (named brand) in an airsoft gun, anything else and you are just asking to ruin it.

Mag feeding is always an issue, i owned a RAP4 P99, the gun is good, but if the balls spend too much time in the mag they become deformed and wont fit in the barel, which means when it tries to feed a round it will get crushed in the breach.

as for the 6mm BBs, the only burst when they hit something hard, clothing they just bounch of and most parts of body which in paintball is a bummer.

and if you get some paint BBs, you might notice that the outer shells are somewhat greasy, so although the chance is high of a good working pistol, you just have to do alot more cleaning in the gun as it will clump up quickly inside.

Archived