how to charge my 4200mah battery?

Feto
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi, i recently got a new 8.4v 4200mah large type battey for my M16 but my charger won't charge it. I'm using a TLP EX PRO II fuzzy logic charger which has no problems charging my 2200mah battery.

basically, what charger do i need to get for high capacity batteries?

thanks.

• AF-UK Founding Member

Shouldn't be a problem with the capacity it may just not like the higher voltage for some reason, does it not have any details on the charger or instructions that came with it?

yeah, i've tried every current setting.

this is what's supposed to happen: you switch on the charger and set the current to the number of amps corresponding to your battery type. you then connect your battery (my 2200mah battery in this case) and the charger will make a single "beep" sound to confirm that the battery is attached and charging. the charger will now "beep" every 5 seconds and the "slow" LED will be flashing, this means that the battery is being trickle charged and that the charger is ready to do a proper charge cycle. at this point you select your charging mode (i.e: discharge, slow charge, fast charge, slow charge) and the charger will confirm your selection with a series of "beeps". that's it, come back a couple of hours later for a fully charged battery.

what's actually happening with the 4200mah battery is: i turn on the charger and set the current to 4.2 amps (eveything is normal at this point). i then connect the battery and nothing happens, the charger does not make a confirmation "beep" and the "slow" LED does not flash...or even turn on. nothing happens. the only noticable change is that once the battery is connected the chager makes a slight buzzing sound coming from the internals and not the speaker.

...so i don't know what to do -____-.

Also: the 4200mah battery is brand new, it has never been charged and contains no charge.

button prodding did nothing unfortunately. the button is supposed to make a beeping sound when it is pressed but it does nothing with the 4200mah connected. i'm staring to loose hope guys.

seeing as this charger looks to be buggered can anyone recommend a charger that can charge high cap batteries without fail?

• Supporters

knowing a reasonable amount about electronics, I can safely (hopefully) say that ANY charger can and will (provided its not buggered) charge ANY battery.

think of electricity like water in some pipes. The amount of water is the current (electrical bettery parts in Amps) and the pushing force (the pump) is measured in Volts.

that's what i thought, but my TLP turned out to be a dissapointment. i just want to make sure that the next charger i get really will do the job. oh well...more money down the airsoft drain -___-.

thanks for the help guys...and gals?

• AF-UK Founding Member

Erm, do you have another charge to try the battery on? Even if it is just a cheap little trickle charger?

And I think that has only happened because Female is the default option on registration and it was missed.

Archived