Whats the range of your AEG?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Whats your range?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Questions!

• 0-10M
    • 10-20M
    • 20-30M
    • 30-40M
    • 40-50M
    • 50M-60M
    • 60-70M
    • 70-80M
    • 80M +

• Supporters

Does anyone have a system for measuring it? I can only guess really, I'd probably say about 40-60m, very hard to know for sure what it is really.

Also, what constitutes "range"? Where it eventually lands, or when it gets to the point where it's no longer possible to hit anything because of pellet drift or drop?

Does anyone have a system for measuring it? I can only guess really, I'd probably say about 40-60m, very hard to know for sure what it is really.

Also, what constitutes "range"? Where it eventually lands, or when it gets to the point where it's no longer possible to hit anything because of pellet drift or drop?

Well if your site has a range then that is always good, And it is to the point when it starts to drop.

For the majority of posts here, minus 100ft and you will get your real answer!

and shoot you till its drops short....

aha, short...because we're talking about Cam haha.......okay not really funny sorry Cam :P

anyway, as Cam know the hop in the BAR-10 is a bit "off" i guess, and the MP5 that should get here tomorrow is just stock JG so i guessed about 30-40m maximum (.25's)

aha, short...because we're talking about Cam haha.......okay not really funny sorry Cam :P

anyway, as Cam know the hop in the BAR-10 is a bit "off" i guess, and the MP5 that should get here tomorrow is just stock JG so i guessed about 30-40m maximum (.25's)

That hurt.

• Supporters

I remember once counting out 40 large strides and it was ludicrously far once it was actually measured out, call it 40 yards, not even 40m, that's roughly 25 people laid out head to foot, nothing I've ever had has come remotely close to accurately hitting anything at that range, not even a 500fps gas sniper (though that was sh*t to be honest). I think people REALLY over estimate distances when it comes to airsofting.

40m is seriously far and probably what most people would look at and think it was 65ish. I think I might invest in a laser range finder if I can find one, as I'd love to get a proper, 100% definite answer to this.

Taking all this into account, I think my L85 probably pushes 60m running 385fps (measured with .20s) using .25s, with a madbull blue hop rubber and a twist barrel (not a skirmish-able set up, I know). This is all based on the diminishing size of things at distance. I haven't got anything to accurately measure the ranges with apart from pacing it out and since I haven't a clue what the length of my stride is, I'm not even going to bother adding figures to this.

Just saying, it's unlikely anyone will give a remotely accurate answer to this, which is why I'm not going to vote in the poll.

• Supporters

honestly i think Aron still needs to go to a proper decent milsim or something as im sure someone else has built An M2HB like me with a stupidly long barrel that in favourable winds can touch distance's at 90M which is far by the way but thats down to inexperience with such monster's

• Supporters

I just measured my average stride as being roughly .65m.

That makes 70 steps about 45 metres and means I'd need to take 153 steps for 100ish metres.

You'd be surprised how far 45 metres is. Just measure your stride from heel to heel and walk about counting your steps, it's quite interesting, I find.

I measured my shots once and with madbull 0.20 g i was hitting a man size target every time from 68 metres and i know this because the shed at work is exacly 68 metres long and i was shooting from the door

I measured my shots once and with madbull 0.20 g i was hitting a man size target every time from 68 metres and i know this because the shed at work is exacly 68 metres long and i was shooting from the door

With your GR16?

• Supporters

well his missed the mark about what i said because i do not estimate i make sure (using measuring device`s such as a measuring tape a meter stick and a ruler if it`s that small)

All i was saying that SOME people cant estimate distance right so often over-exagerate on how far their guns are firing, wasnt aiming it at anyone in particular was just making a point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Roughly ranged my L85 today by shooting a mate and getting him to walk away from me incrementally. Then we swapped and he shot me.

We measured my stride as being about .65m, meaning roughly 15 steps equates to about 10m. So what we roughly guessed as being 55ish metres is just about the point where it took too many shots to hit someone for it to really be a viable target during a skirmish. Though shots were still flying past me at 60m, just not hitting because of horizontal drift and the hop having too many negative effects on the BB's flight pattern.

I've added my vote in the 50-60m section.

• Supporters

I really have to see this before I can believe it.

Archived