RANT: Gamers playing Airsoft!!

JerseyRider
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
good point, i soppose i owe my magpul masada (ACR) to cod lol :D

what makes me laugh about cod is that they never c*** the guns so in real life they wouldn't ever fire anything :P

what i meant is they never pull the charging handle the swearing checker thing must have got the wrong idea lol :blink:

• Supporters

in mw2 he always pulls the charging handle on first pull of the weapon when you reload the gun from empty he pushes the bolt catch which is correct for the m4 he does the same in Black ops. which cod are referring too?

in mw2 he always pulls the charging handle on first pull of the weapon when you reload the gun from empty he pushes the bolt catch which is correct for the m4 he does the same in Black ops. which cod are referring too?

all of them really some guns they do it some they don't, pistols as well

all of them really some guns they do it some they don't, pistols as well

that is why i play Bad Company 2 :D haha, on pistols they pull back the slide, on rifles i do believe the charging handle is not touched!

Juggernaut (takes 10 BB's to get you out LOL) Also just as another note,

FLAMETHROWER SUCKS ON BLACK OPS (CORE)!!! Don't waste your Cod Points, just play High Roller :D

I found the flamethrower to be great for entertainment value.

And distracting OpFor - set off a huge, pretty, burning pyro display for them, and wait to ambush them with something/rest of team.

Most of my mates in airsofting come from gaming - but, all of them know the basic differences between games, 'softing and real life. (And most of them learnt the RS side from me, a true bookworm/geek and military history 'expert')

However, one of my classmates wants to start - not so bad. The infuriating thing? He's basing this entirely from MW2 and BO. As such, he's decided he wants an FN-FAL (only in Semi) with an M203, a 'reflex' optic and a silencer. He's decided that the few firearms I've suggested are useless because they either:

a)don't appear in any CoD game (recently)

or

b)do appear, and like the 'L86' of MW2, are useless.

I have one thing to thank CoD7 for - making sniper rifles useless - he says he doesn't want to be a sniper :lol:

The only reason i found Airsoft was because of cod, i whached a few videos and learnt that it is totaly different, like you dont run around like a crazy person trying to kill every one. But i still like airsofting and i dont use any cod terms and any thing like that when playing because it is points less and stupid.

Games like cod are just games end off airsoft is totaly different! to start of ya get hurt if ya do some dive into bushes or a ditch or a big muddy puddle in the middle of december and ya know ya gunna be cold a wet all day! and real life is a whole different ball game if u have ever found ure self in a combat situation.

Bullets dont wizz past like in the movies they crack as they pass you and also people dont get bk up in a respawn point thats it DEAD so i dont get why people try to murge the 3 and think because they play cod there an airsoft legend and a potential para.

Some people need a slap with some perspective

i say some people but i know there usualy young and the minority as i think everybody here old enough for a UKARA knows its a toy gun and a way of blowing of steam and that our wives winge if we play cod to much. Lol

• Supporters

we occasionaly get some 'youths' at our local site shouting abuse like 'join the real army'

it's just like, well no, we get troopers here as they want a firefight... they get into one every 12 days and then people actually die, here we get into 1 every 12 minutes and everyone has a laugh....

plus, I'd be dead 6 times already today and we still havn't had lunch

I know im late into the conversation but I thought I would share some nice paintjobs:

1291383760013.th.jpg

1239716732030.th.jpg

Would also like to add that I think games like COD (though they are fun to play to some extent) have taken the whole "tacticool" thing to a ridiculous level. M4 variations with every RIS rail populated by all kinds of crap, lasers, scopes, torches, even saw a camera mounted once!

my 416 has a foregrip, thats it. i use iron sights and minimal gear (i actually prefer the 'opfor' look, wearing a shemagh and general civvie clothes, with one magazine taped to another one upside down).

The whole "bolt as much on the front of your M4 as possible" look started WAAAYYYY before Modern Warfare

Due to every picture of a yank soldier has of him having everyhting INCLUDEING the kitchen sink bolted on to somewhere...

And i admit i carry way to much.. and my plans for my M4 CQB (follow my progress in the topic i made about the project) means its going to end up having all sorts on the front... but that is what the plan was in the first place a weapon that i could use anywhere

• 10 months later...

I have loads of stories, mainly due to the fact my local holds birthday parties etc on the same day as regular players come to have a game.

Anyways I love the cod noobs that somehow get hold of a sniper rifle and start running and jumping around! I was on a patrol ( milsim ) and walked right into this kid as he tried to shoot me he jumped completely missed and then started having a go at me as I shot him with a double tap... Needless to say I just laughed as he shoot me twice, so I emptied my piston into his chest =)

• Supporters
I have loads of stories, mainly due to the fact my local holds birthday parties etc on the same day as regular players come to have a game.

Anyways I love the cod noobs that somehow get hold of a sniper rifle and start running and jumping around! I was on a patrol ( milsim ) and walked right into this kid as he tried to shoot me he jumped completely missed and then started having a go at me as I shot him with a double tap... Needless to say I just laughed as he shoot me twice, so I emptied my piston into his chest =)

I can't condone this behavior....But....Aye, well done like :D

Well to be fair, this was a far ways into the day and I had already had it with two tone Hugh cap HEROS, and shooting me twice (back of head and neck) pretty close just tipped me over that edge. GOod thing for him my piston had only 10 shoots in it.

He did say sorry at the end of the day and stuck with me the next weekend to learn which was pretty cool.

Archived