RANT: Gamers playing Airsoft!!

JerseyRider
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I know i am a first year subscripter (i feel another rant comming on....)

The first couple of issues where good and informative then i saw a "in the next issue" and "Modern Warfare 2" on the same page and my heart dropped

Gamers had finally got to ever dark corner of the airsoft comminty

First with the players

Then with the after game/lunch break banter

Then with the dialog during game

And now to the Airsoft publishments

And now soon to be the Gear!!!!

Carnt they just stay in there little virtual screens!!! :(:blink:

Thanks

Jack

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was working on my MOLLE load-out but it is reminding me of COD (becuase a little kid said i look like a COD Player) i have been tring to change it ever since

But i guess you will look like a COD player if you stick on a Plate carrier anyway GOD D&*@N IT!!

I dont play COD, i dont even have a console, but i turned up at my site last week dressed as one of them dudes from Task Force 141 after seeing it in AI magazine and know one even noticed, i was supposed to be a Somalian as it was BHD day ;) .

Also for to have my twopennys worth of rant, i cant stand noobs who dont take there hit and run around like Rambo emptying a mag in about 30 seconds, more sites should go LO/Mid cap it makes for a more exciting day and makes you a better player

Also for to have my twopennys worth of rant, i cant stand noobs who dont take there hit and run around like Rambo emptying a mag in about 30 seconds, more sites should go LO/Mid cap it makes for a more exciting day and makes you a better player

This was a majour problem at my local site it got to the point where games where destored becuase one little kid (it ant always the younger ones) was pinning donw the whole team by not taking his hits

They have now split up the under 16's and over 16's to two differnt times and i can tell you what what a chance it has made

Both age groups are now playing 3x as better as before it is weird i have never seen the players at my site play so good

Maybe other site owners should try it if they are having similer problems on thier site.

Thanks

Jack

• Supporters

I think its a bad idea when you think into it a little. Just tougher marshalling would suffice.

The young'uns would get used to playing more casually and at a lower level so ti is somewhat a shock to he system once they join the adults more serious gaming.

Plus, as with everything you don't get better without pushing yourself... no pain no gain as it were.

You would be conditioning yourself to figth against people of a certain skill level and then you are not able to act effectivly in any other situation.

I've just realised that this is pretty much the basis for my A-level English language coursework - airsofters versus CoD :lol: .

As for going dressed in CoD style gear - I'm trying to go for a PMC look - but I've found that if I go dressed as a Tf141 (mostly Ghost with that jacket/fleece) its far more comfortable.

I go for what feels best to wear. Its pure coincidence I happen to look like I stepped out of an Xbox.

(Although, I'd really like to see someone dress as the SEAL teams - I assume it would be very difficult to get all the gear for that :lol: )

I think its a bad idea when you think into it a little. Just tougher marshalling would suffice.

The young'uns would get used to playing more casually and at a lower level so ti is somewhat a shock to he system once they join the adults more serious gaming.

Plus, as with everything you don't get better without pushing yourself... no pain no gain as it were.

You would be conditioning yourself to figth against people of a certain skill level and then you are not able to act effectivly in any other situation.

Not really if you put in one older guy who knmows what he is doing (me :) ) that can whip them into shape it works better then a mixed group of terrified younge players and angry older ones

• 2 weeks later...

My site has started to run "members only" games where there are no rentals, no 2-tones, no u-18s, nad the marshals all play so there is no marshals really and they are the best days I have ever been to. You don't have to worry about people not understanding rules and the such. I am not saying I won't play at normal games but they aren't as good.

• 1 month later...

well was at a match today and there was a bunch of gamers right

and thay spotted my rifle camo (below)

100_0581.jpg

and stright away started giving "advice" of a sort about using cool camo and

to use camo from mw2 (you know red and blue tiger crap below)

hpim0357hw6.jpg

them started going on and on about how shotguns are bad in mw2

so thay must be the same in aisoft

needless to say i took this very well (as in i hunted them down like the gamers thay are)

the top ones mine (i painted them) the bottom ones were gamers ideas

iv had something like that was in the middle of a fire fight and a newplayer said run at them umm no they have a sodding m249, anyway bout 5 mins later the new player shouted 'there shooting at me' lol and they didnt know what to do pmsl, so i said the normal thing 'shoot back'. reply i got was im scared lol

I cant stand CoD personally. I understand the frustration of it with people in the airsoft world. I hate how people try to combine the two thinking they're great in the game so they must be amazing with a real gun (well airsoft but you know what i mean) Would be funny to see them find out how crap they actually are. Its mainly the attitude of them thinking they know everything about the guns because they're in a computer game like theres no difference. Generally people who are full of themselves and assume before they even pick up a gun that they'll be better than everyone else. Personally im a gamer of sorts. I barely play any games though, just a select few i like. I am a huge Resident Evil/Biohazard fan and collector so my loadout is all RE guns. I dont have the attitude though that im great. I havent really fired my gun yet as i had problems with it but i see it as fun, not something i'd have to 'be the best' at. I know somewhat about the guns from the games but i dont treat them the same in reality as they are in the games. Running around shooting things in a virtual environment is one thing, running around on the field with guns being fired at you is something else

You know the way in games they shout FRAG OUT! Or they yell out there plan of attack i.e. "im going to go up the right and flank him cover me" its very counter productive but good target practice for me

p.s. love the stars m9

i can see why people get frustrated with this kind of thing, im a big gamer but not big on FPS games, i play cod, which tbh im not a big fan of, its fun for fast paced games but you play a sport/ hobbie such as this and its a game, its just pure mindless fun... with a bit pain here and their but hey whats pain :P. i have seen this before though with people, not necessarily in airsoft but in paintballing and online as well, tbh i dont know what im doing when im playing, but i try to think strategically. so i do as im told and get on with it, none of this yelling my next move down... thats what radios are for lol

My Dad's mate owns an Airsoft shop and i often go there for a while but you get all these modern warfare 2 fans come in who start comparing airsoft to modern warfare 2. "oh look its the m4a1 carbine from call of duty." I just have to bite my tounge and listen to them. Whats also annyoing as mentioned before is when they think the guns are exactly the same.

This is a bit off topic but I've played the game myself but I didn't like so I traded it in. When I told my freinds I sold it they went mad and have been criticising me ever since. ITS A GAME NOT A LIFESTYLE

You know the way in games they shout FRAG OUT! Or they yell out there plan of attack i.e. "im going to go up the right and flank him cover me" its very counter productive but good target practice for me

To be fair, most of the time this happens in airsoft, its because players don't have radios. Out of 9 games at official sites, aside from the marshals (who don't count) I've only ever seen 1 team with radios. Each game had about 40 odd players. So, 3 out of 40 had the ability to communicate without yelling - when they had to tell others to do something...Yeah, they had to scream. (And, half way through the day their batteries died)

As for FRAG OUT! - well, this has been going on in Hollywood for years. It is also necessary to call 'frag out' or 'fire in the hole' etc at some sites. (Atleast when the pyro is bigger than a flashbang)

I will admit - I have been tempted to (eventually) paint my L85 up in 'Fall' camo. But then I realised how absolutely stupid that would be - Bright. Orange. Gun. Green woodland. :lol:

Although, 1 thing I definitly will do (once my L85 dies) is convert it to look like the "l86" (and I use that term lightly) in MW2. In other words, just stick some metal rigging onto the barrel and handguard, an M240/9 carry handle and see if I can fit a Beta-C mag in it...

Call of duty has damaged our hobby/sport slightly, by flooding it with muppets who think 2 Glock 18Cs is a viable way to fight or that the Walther Arms 2000 rifle is a military sniper. But, remember - if these kids continue, they will be the future of the hobby. And how are they any different from us who joined after watching films as a kid, and tried to recreate/act out scenes from the films? Dirty Harry. A Bridge Too Far. Ultimate Farce ( :lol: ) v.s Call of Duty.

Like 'em or hate 'em, these CoD Noobs could very well be the future of the hobby. Sure, they're annoying, inept and incompitant - just take a deep breath, aim down your sights - and enjoy the fun that is easy target practice.

am resonably new to this but before i was paintballing and u see similar things inn that environment. games like cod battlefront etc are easy u pres play get shot respawn rinse and repeat no rules and sometimes games are hacked. i understand these ppl think that this is wat its gona be like but reality bites back and i dnt want to put them off obviously u want ppl to play the game but they need to think a bit more in the spirit of it

seek and destroy

I'am only 14 and love my fps games.....along with rpgs and mmo's too. I have been down to my site about 6-7 times and the thing that irritates me is the kids going oh wow thats the m4a1 and thats the scar-h and ect. i feel like saying know any more guns? they can only label call of duty known guns. i love my military stuff and just went down to a ww2 show today.

Some younger players annoy me lying about how many kills they got. I ask how many did you hit and they claim they hit 9 people....and there was 16 in the game......this was my mates first time and then some other guy claimed he got 8 kills and another said 5......and i know for sure i got one (tinted goggles in a dark woods ftl.....(i swapped them after that game for mesh) but you do the maths 5+8+9=22?

It happens in the gaming world to.....i love my Bad company 2 but when you get kids running around saying quick scope and no scope on it i think wow.....because bad company is the closest game i have played to military sim, you have to be like a real sniper and stay hidden and use gravity ect and act like a real sniper, you have to look at that too.

Archived