RANT: Gamers playing Airsoft!!

JerseyRider
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

AHHHHH I am sure everyone has come across one of these kids before

You know the ones Fresh from COD who is level 3281905 with level bloody level 53 Prestige

Ok thats a bit OTT but the ones comming into airsoft for the first time and start to try to boss the more experienced players around because they know phrases like "Tango" and "SitRep"

But when they do get into a decent firefight they SH*T themselfs (couldnt think of a better word) and either hide and "Camp" hopeing some guy, somehow comes around the corner during a firefight OR run off! (i have seen this before)

But it dosent just stop at first timers, it some of the kids (and even some of the less experienced adults!) who wear helmets and think that direct contact to the helmet dose not count as a hit!

Take this for an example (from a fellow player)

"I was covering the objective and i saw this kid running behind a wall to my right, as he had ran pass me i decied to quickly take him out before he reolised i was there, so i popped around and laided a few rounds into his head (he had a helmet on) so i thought he is hit i will countinue with my defending, as i turned around to go back to my spot the kid saw my and sprayed (he recons about 15 rounds) my back and whent "HEY YOUR HIT!" so i whent "nah mate your hit" to which he says "NO!! you hit my helmet" i then said "so your still hit" he then argued that "no my helmet is bullet proof!"

WHAT!! even in a real combact situation a helmet could not withstand 3 or 4 shots from about 5ft away!

Do you guys (or girls) get this?

If so what your views and do you recon something could be done about it?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
AHHHHH I am sure everyone has come across one of these kids before

You know the ones Fresh from COD who is level 3281905 with level bloody level 53 Prestige

Ok thats a bit OTT but the ones comming into airsoft for the first time and start to try to boss the more experienced players around because they know phrases like "Tango" and "SitRep"

But when they do get into a decent firefight they SH*T themselfs (couldnt think of a better word) and either hide and "Camp" hopeing some guy, somehow comes around the corner during a firefight OR run off! (i have seen this before)

But it dosent just stop at first timers, it some of the kids (and even some of the less experienced adults!) who wear helmets and think that direct contact to the helmet dose not count as a hit!

Take this for an example (from a fellow player)

"I was covering the objective and i saw this kid running behind a wall to my right, as he had ran pass me i decied to quickly take him out before he reolised i was there, so i popped around and laided a few rounds into his head (he had a helmet on) so i thought he is hit i will countinue with my defending, as i turned around to go back to my spot the kid saw my and sprayed (he recons about 15 rounds) my back and whent "HEY YOUR HIT!" so i whent "nah mate your hit" to which he says "NO!! you hit my helmet" i then said "so your still hit" he then argued that "no my helmet is bullet proof!"

WHAT!! even in a real combact situation a helmet could not withstand 3 or 4 shots from about 5ft away!

Do you guys (or girls) get this?

If so what your views and do you recon something could be done about it?

first and for most i am a gamer, and i suspect you are as well as i've seen one of your videos where you say "look theres (forgot his name) camping in the corner" its a bit contradictorily don't you think?

airsoft is a military reenactment so i say let the kids get into it (i know all of us sure got into it first time going) so let them use there call signs, im not sure what you mean by "ordering people about" (if you mean shouting orders at everyone or theres someone other there we need to suppress? part of airsoft is teamwork and everyone chipping in helps) people aren't pre signed ranks (unless of course you have a chain of command like milsim *depending on where you go*) if people order me around (such as rush that position what are you doing, everyone rushs and the guy who said it just sat there) then i tend to ignore them and do my own thing (new or experienced) and tbh ive enjoyed it that way working the flanks instead of rushing in. but if its suppression fire and telling us where contacts are every little helps.

as for the helmet thing i can only sympathize with you, people (new and experienced) not taking hits is a real pain in the Arse.

im my time of airsoft, ive had some awesome newcomers who really get into it Many of which were gamers and i dont think you should stereotype them as then you would be saying ever gamer is a complete a******. (we all know some are)

and then ive had people who dont listen and dont take hits.

i hoped ive changed your view for newcomers, you were one once dont forget.

Well, im a gamer, am new, and i am a kid...

I play the arma series, along with VBS, learning real tactics, with a chain of command, hardcore mil-sim gaming (i.e - not much in terms of action sometimes), and i know my stuff, im in the ATC and have fired real weapons.

a few of my mates are like me, BUT the rest are COD fans, and it does annoy me when they act like there on a fast paced team deathmatch when were meant to be holding an objective etc.

and it does annoy me when they act like there on a fast paced team deathmatch when were meant to be holding an objective etc.

YES! lol thats was the main point i tried to put across guess i didnt do it so well :blink

What i mean by bossing the older players around is when we ask for a bit of covering fire etc they go "no i dont want to" and continue to blind fire or spary a bush that has no one in it :huh: personally i recon the little guys arnt vocal enough (especially when takeing hits :P

)

I mean i arnt say ALL gamers comming into airsoft are that bad i mean i admit i was a bit of a hardcore gamer before i started airsoft but i listened to the older players learned of them even respected them in a way

But i get it depends on where your site is i guess, here in Jersey we get them by the bucket loads sometimes a decent spark comes out that dosent want to get thousands of kill they just want to get the objective, but they end up getting annoied (like the rest of us) due to the slow games held down by the gamer type players that just want to rack up kills <_<

I'm a CoD gamer (and I have a problem...oh wait, this isn't the CoDPA group...) and young, but I leave Xbox behind when I go skirmishing

I leave it behind because I know that it'll make me sound like a muppet, screaming at the top of my lungs something that I learnt from CoD. I have however learnt tactics and the chain of command and a few other things.

So, when I go skirmishing I try to avoid sounding like a 12 year old playing "Search and Destroy" on Xbox live. The few times I've been, we haven't had a true milsim with chain of command - simply team leader, fire team leaders. I do as I'm told (which is usually stay there and cover us.) I don't quite understand the whole obsession of some people about charging forwards like a man on fire - I find theres something really...thrilling I suppose, about defending a position until the last man. Real rush when you're with 2 other guys defending a small pit against an on coming horde of 25 other players... :D

I've done the classic spray an empty bush for 5 mins. Although, in my defence - I'd seen something moving near it, it was about 25meters away and I wasn't wearing my glasses in the match...

• Supporters

haha, I randomly sprayed a bush too (it was just behine their base we were attacking) 2 seconds into the spray I hear a loud thud noise. Followed by 'HIT!' turns out I'd shot one of their guys in his mask. :lol:

same game as I was hiding in a small shrub and one of their guys pops round and kills my teammates. declares victory very loudly and I shoot him.

'YAY, WE'VE WON! I KILLED THEM ALL' *thud thud thud* 'DAMNIT!'

I've not really had that happen to me so far.

Although there was a problem when I was airsofting one weekend where a couple of people on the other team refused to tke hits EVEN WHEN there were 5 of us firing at a range of a few meters in the open.

Always take it up with the marshal if these wanker moments happen.

Another time, there was this ###### head with a stars and stripes t shirt (worst camo idea; if anything it's going to make people shoot him even more out of an anti-American impulse AMIRIGHT?! ;) JOKE!).

This guy would take the hit, but walk round a corner and magically respawn.

Luckily enough people complained to the marshal's about this and he ceased to bother us :)

Remember guys; it's a game! But there are rules to follow and you must take it seriously, because it's not a game[/simon Pegg]

Always take it up with the marshal if these wanker moments happen.

Try takeing it up with a marshal when he is watching 60 players all going for the same 15 square foot of objective :P

I have to admit it was a bloody mental game its just a real shame when 2 or 3 players mess it up

And BTW suicide runs FTW! :)

EXCELLENT POST XD

swift smack round the head sorts them out.

haha no i direct anyone like this to a marshall, telling them to learn the rules and not only this tell them to compensate me for wasting my game while i do this.....

they will soon tire and return to thier COD

Hell to the yes, when i started i had some knowledge of fieldcraft and what to do in some situations that come about when airsofting, YET I STILL LISTENED TO THE EXPRIENCED PLAYERS that is for a good reason, there is no game that simulates the thrill and intesity of a 'real' (as real as you can get without being in the army) firefight.

Thank you so much for making this topic!!!!

That let of some steam.

Got my first game coming up this weekend and im so nervous lol. Been reading up on it as much as possible so I know how to behave. I do play COD however I think the last thing coming out of my mouth will be "TANGO DOWN".

It will be more like.

"Why did I think it would be a good idea to run through a forest whilst people are shooting at me on this fine Sunday morning."

And i've got a funny feeling alot of people will be shouting "Tango Down" but I will be the said TANGO.

No dont be nervous lol

What i am saying is that there saying all this tactical crap and boss other poeple around and then go off and complitly forget about the objective and just gose to the area with the biggest mass of players are

What i would recomend is forget about getting any kills at all and focus on the objective at hand

Because trust me it may feel great getting loads of kills but when the marshels call endex and you found out you lost.. it dont feel to good

By all means call out things that is helpfull like:

Contact (Like "Contact, 11 o'clock!")

Objective location

Objective Status

That your hit!

Comming back into the game

And anything else that is helpfull for the team to know

Contact (Like "Contact, 11 o'clock!")

Just remember to say exactly who's 11 o'clock it is. My team mates weren't too pleased when I shouted contact at (iirc) 9 o'clock. Sadly, I forgot to say my 9 o'clock. Which was different from everyone else's 9, because I was facing the left flank of our defencive point...

And yes, forget the concept of racking up 'kills'. Just follow your squad mates/orders, and enjoy yourself. It'll be much more fun than going off 'lone wolf' style.

Dont think its the gaming generation its just probably inexperienced players or kids who dont know better.

Hilarious effort i had was when i was taking photos at a local site and had to play marshall when someone got repeatedly headshot but said it didnt count cause he was just browsing. just made me think of someone browsing the local Primark or somet.

in the end he went off an respawned grumbling away an probably calling me every name under the sun.

Not limited to kids either as an older dude at the Mall few weeks back did the whole pretend to be dead an walked past a whole team to a good spot then went back into play normally. Bet he gets overkilled to hell at his local site pulling those tricks.

Mate of ours goes in to call of duty mode, funniest was at the mall again... screaming ROOMS ALL CLEAR MOVE ON, CHECK LEFT< CHECK RIGHT.... ermm ang on he just said it was clear lol shouting for sake of shouting me thinks

• 1 month later...

I'm 13 and I've been playing airsoft for 3 years. There are some people my age who give younger airsofters a bad reputation. For example not taking hits ect... The most annoying thing about this is when I get people take one look at me and say noob. AHHHH its so annoying!!! :angry: I didn't really care when I first started Airsoft because I was a noob, but I'm not now.

Same with my friends, they havn't been playing quite as long as me but most of them have 1 or 2 years of experiance (we're part of a team). Most kids are good Airsofters anyway, you just get a few who are are real idiots. I saw 3 rentals smashing the windows of an old car at Xsite thats used for cover. They soon started complaining when they had bits of glass in their fingers.

At most sites that I regualy play at the people there know me well and know I'm not a noob, its just a few people have the perception that young players are really bad.

As for gamers, you always get a few that say ' yes, 6 kill streak call in a combat chopper!'. Anyway I just use my grenade launcher lol :lol: But yet again most gamers are ok, I have a friend who spends his life on COD but he dosn't mention it at Airsoft.

I think that most kids and gamers are'nt at all bad (well I am kid so I would anyway!) :D Its just a few that ruin it for everyone else.

Dont get me wrong most new players are willing to learn i am talking about COD players and just gamers in general comming into airsoft and automaticaly thinking they will be as good in the real world as they are in there virtual soilders career.

in short NO.

And i have found it is mostly the kids thinking this way usally the adults take there heads out there arse before they step onto site

Take this for example this 13 year old was down at my site last sunday and he rented out a rifle.... then spent most of his time running around with his Glock 18C and his m8s 1911.......... WHAT THE HELL...... he even had the cheak to ask me for my Glock 18C because he was finding the lack of auto fire on the 1911 was bringing him down.....

In the end i got his rifle from the base and shoved it in his face and shouted use that you might get some where (a bit to much but i was basicly holding off the whole enemy team by myself while this guy was worring about his "akimbio" pistols (not happy)

Another thing was when playing Attack and DEFEND i was accused of camping on several occasions.. even though one team member had to be within 3 meters of the flag to secure it......

It makes me mad just talking about it think about how mad it makes me when i am a team leader of a team of COD bummers

I have my ways of venting my anger like shouting orders at them very louding that made the other team run away (i am telling the truth they really ran away :D )

Rant over for another day....

Jack

Talking about gamers playing airsoft, AI (the airsoft magazine) have been doing loads of COD. Last month it was so you wannabe modern warfare 2 Task Force 141, this month its so you wannabe modern warfare 2 Task Force 141 Ghost, and next month its so you wannabe modern warfare 2 Task Force 141 Captian Price. Its so boring! <_< ZZZ

Archived