RANT: Gamers playing Airsoft!!

JerseyRider
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking back at the first few posts I can be a bit bossy and I play cod but it's the army that made me that way! I hate people that don't get involved putting other people in the firing line because they don't wanna be hit cuz it hurts (paintball this is) subsequently I won 2 lifetime membership cards but gave one away as I'm only gunna live once. It gave me free entry and 500 balls and lunch etc for free plus 6 people per year free and 15% of all purchases but now I'll be the airsoft newbie I'll probably be told to shut it. Not sure how good I am at shutting it tho :rolleyes:

here get this some wee noob must have been 16 with his dads army kit you know webbing helmet gortex and the best bit a gas mask which is pritty hard to breath through when running non stop half the spent at the respawn trying to breath or and this is the best bit mistaking marshals as the enamy.

NBC NOT ALWAYS NEEDED

• 4 weeks later...

Not trying to put a damper on the mood (excuse me if I do), but isn't some comment a little of-putting for nooby/first time players?

I mean we all start of noobs at some point (and I will be soon), i've had experience of other forms of 'shooting' related sports (both tactical and target) and i'll be starting airsoft skirmishes soon, I don't intend to run around with akimbo mp5's and 360 no-scoping, but I playing cod alot.

Like I say not trying to put a damper on the mood or anyones spirits, but just a reminder we all start as complete noobs that don't have a clue

I know everyone starts with out a clue and TBH i expect that.. but that isnt the bad thing

What i am sayinf its the poeple who start with out a clue but think they know everything becuase they have played a video game

Fair enough if you start out and dont know the trigger from the saftey but its when someone offers help etc and they ethier reject it or ignore it

I know everyone starts with out a clue and TBH i expect that.. but that isnt the bad thing

What i am sayinf its the poeple who start with out a clue but think they know everything becuase they have played a video game

Fair enough if you start out and dont know the trigger from the saftey but its when someone offers help etc and they ethier reject it or ignore it

Fair point, I get where your coming from along the lines of ''I'm level 70 25th prestige on cod so I don't need tips from you'', which I must say I can imagine how annoying it would be on the field

Not really airsoft related, but a kid was trying to "quickscope" the target at the shooting range with a .22 rimfire at the range the other day.

People need to realise CoD is a GAME and just because they've got 300000000 headshots with a barett doesn't mean the're a "L33t sniper"

i hate games where snipers don't play like snipers. One tip - don't buy sniper ghost warior its terrible. Its a sniper game with no bolt action snipers! and you run around like a triggy happy pansy instead of sitting baack, waiting for the shot... as i side note i have fired a real sniper, its really fun. :D

Fair point, I get where your coming from along the lines of ''I'm level 70 25th prestige on cod so I don't need tips from you'', which I must say I can imagine how annoying it would be on the field

Can i just say that just because you have played airsoft for 8 years most certainly doesn,t make you experienced. im not denying that you guys will be cappable of working together etc but it takes a bit more than a few plastic ball wizzing past you to know how you would really act in that situation. The reason most play is for a mil sim experience well i really dont beleive that real mil ops would go down the way they do in airsoft in regards to the field craft etc

Im not having a go or anything but before we winge at others just realise that you may be experienced in air soft weapons etc and team colaboration but not for the actual mil sim field craft unless you were in the mob with a op or two under your belt.

so let the snipers or kids beleive they are cod mod 2 airsoft legends because they will soon learn as we all did.

Thanks.

No you arnt getting the point i arnt talking about teaching new poeple who to room clear :rolleyes:

I am talking about the bog standered basics like where the mag catch is for the gun there useing, how to wind there mags and basicly getting them to move there arses when they find a safe spot on the site and stay there for 90% of the game!

Take my site for example...

We get alot of new younger players comming through then me have older experienced guys so the marshells make sure that everyone who is renting guns and are first time players knows the do and donts and the inside and outs of the gun they are renting

It takes about 15 minutes to talk them through what they will need to do to play the game

Last sunday (which was a special all day game event) there was this group of younge ones, who mostly renting, sitting there talking about COD now that isnt the problem they could sit there ALL day and talk about COD but its when one off them cropped up with the idea of trying a reload like they do on COD with the G3? (i think) and use the fresh mag to flick the empty mag out now a marshell was walking by just as he said that and told them politly please dont do that as the mags are a bit battered up and might break so about 2 mins l8r when there out of sight of the marshell what do they do?? and funny enough in the end they end up breaking one

There was loads of stupid stuff that theywhere doing like one of them was dry firing all the time when asked why he was doing this by meny players and marshells he said he was tring to scare them when asked to stop for 1. that not working and eventually they will figure out your not shooting anything and they will just storm you and 2. he is going too enventually damage the gun But still he sat there looking like a ###### standing in the open pretending to shoot and someone when he could acutually shoot someone

And the last one that really annoiyed me that weekend was the blatent disreggard for the rules and i ant talking about the odd person not calling there hits not there was one guy walking towards the safe zone when i was respawingi got into cover and "respawned" i popped out cover and aimed at him by this time he was shouting "i am hit! i am hit!" so i though fine and moved up past him as he was walking past me i then hear "are you dead?" comming for behind me i turned around to see the same kid looking at me asking me this question i ovo say "no" and turned back around i next hear a c*** of a spring pistol and a BB hitting me so i called hit and turned around to see who had hit me.... It was that kid and i went nah mate and contiuned to play he started complying that he had hit me and when asked about haveing his gun and hands up in the air and calling hit when i aimed at him he said "oh i was only lieing to get past you and get my other gun from the safe zone"

I just continued played and let him mone all he wanted that was a blanted rule break

So when i say thay dont listen to older more experienced players then that is what i mean

Thanks

Jack

No you arnt getting the point i arnt talking about teaching new poeple who to room clear :rolleyes:

I am talking about the bog standered basics like where the mag catch is for the gun there useing, how to wind there mags and basicly getting them to move there arses when they find a safe spot on the site and stay there for 90% of the game!

Take my site for example...

We get alot of new younger players comming through then me have older experienced guys so the marshells make sure that everyone who is renting guns and are first time players knows the do and donts and the inside and outs of the gun they are renting

It takes about 15 minutes to talk them through what they will need to do to play the game

Last sunday (which was a special all day game event) there was this group of younge ones, who mostly renting, sitting there talking about COD now that isnt the problem they could sit there ALL day and talk about COD but its when one off them cropped up with the idea of trying a reload like they do on COD with the G3? (i think) and use the fresh mag to flick the empty mag out now a marshell was walking by just as he said that and told them politly please dont do that as the mags are a bit battered up and might break so about 2 mins l8r when there out of sight of the marshell what do they do?? and funny enough in the end they end up breaking one

There was loads of stupid stuff that theywhere doing like one of them was dry firing all the time when asked why he was doing this by meny players and marshells he said he was tring to scare them when asked to stop for 1. that not working and eventually they will figure out your not shooting anything and they will just storm you and 2. he is going too enventually damage the gun But still he sat there looking like a ###### standing in the open pretending to shoot and someone when he could acutually shoot someone

And the last one that really annoiyed me that weekend was the blatent disreggard for the rules and i ant talking about the odd person not calling there hits not there was one guy walking towards the safe zone when i was respawingi got into cover and "respawned" i popped out cover and aimed at him by this time he was shouting "i am hit! i am hit!" so i though fine and moved up past him as he was walking past me i then hear "are you dead?" comming for behind me i turned around to see the same kid looking at me asking me this question i ovo say "no" and turned back around i next hear a c*** of a spring pistol and a BB hitting me so i called hit and turned around to see who had hit me.... It was that kid and i went nah mate and contiuned to play he started complying that he had hit me and when asked about haveing his gun and hands up in the air and calling hit when i aimed at him he said "oh i was only lieing to get past you and get my other gun from the safe zone"

I just continued played and let him mone all he wanted that was a blanted rule break

So when i say thay dont listen to older more experienced players then that is what i mean

Thanks

Jack

AH rite ok well i would of give him a smack round the back of the head just to make shure he understood. sorry i didnt get your point and yes id be pissed of to with that to

Can i just say that just because you have played airsoft for 8 years most certainly doesn,t make you experienced. im not denying that you guys will be cappable of working together etc but it takes a bit more than a few plastic ball wizzing past you to know how you would really act in that situation. The reason most play is for a mil sim experience well i really dont beleive that real mil ops would go down the way they do in airsoft in regards to the field craft etc

Im not having a go or anything but before we winge at others just realise that you may be experienced in air soft weapons etc and team colaboration but not for the actual mil sim field craft unless you were in the mob with a op or two under your belt.

so let the snipers or kids beleive they are cod mod 2 airsoft legends because they will soon learn as we all did.

Thanks.

I sort of agree with you there ;) airsofting for 8 years isn't gonna make you the next mcnab but i think it would help you with airsoft tactics and airsoft mil sims. im not talking bout real tactics or anything but the longer you've played you are more likely to know what to do in different situations

I sort of agree with you there ;) airsofting for 8 years isn't gonna make you the next mcnab but i think it would help you with airsoft tactics and airsoft mil sims. im not talking bout real tactics or anything but the longer you've played you are more likely to know what to do in different situations

Yeah absolutley in your unit of friends you will all move better and work together more fluent but maybeee if someone experienced and some mod cod leg-end are out in iraq and you hear that crack of a round above your head you never know who will freeze and who will react because when it happend to me i found myself in a fire position in all round defence and a counted 5 rounds lighter. its amazing how your training can kick in. but then again i best there are airsofters of 10 years that could as a individual or a team muller me on a airsoft field because as its a game and i know im not gunna die im totally different and a bit gunho suicidal ;)

blatant disregard for rules from minors or cheek as some given friendly advice is unwanted i agree deserves a slap round the head but let them be what they want to think they are because we all know there not just no point in getting upset about it

• 2 weeks later...
its pritty easy to make a mini UAV dont got with a plane cose at the altitudes you are looking at you wont see a thing

You know them like flying saucer things you can buy with like fans on them that float around the room?? they are your best bet if your doing somehting like this for airsoft

Ohh outside they're another story. Believe me, I had one... I flew it out to my garden. Wind picked up slightly, and never saw my £40's worth of blimp again <_< Not to mention a (claimed to be) stray bb could easily spell an end to one.

• 2 weeks later...

We had a Kid play at our site who hired an AK he was running around with it upside down holding the pistol grip and firing it with his little finger, I tried to explain it wouldn't work because the hop gives it lift, he swaped round until he thought i couldn't see him and then he swapped it back..... he was Gansta.... :rolleyes:

We had a Kid play at our site who hired an AK he was running around with it upside down holding the pistol grip and firing it with his little finger, I tried to explain it wouldn't work because the hop gives it lift, he swaped round until he thought i couldn't see him and then he swapped it back..... he was Gansta.... :rolleyes:

haha that kid deserves a special needs sticker! :P

• 4 weeks later...
well was at a match today and there was a bunch of gamers right

and thay spotted my rifle camo (below)

100_0581.jpg

and stright away started giving "advice" of a sort about using cool camo and

to use camo from mw2 (you know red and blue tiger crap below)

hpim0357hw6.jpg

them started going on and on about how shotguns are bad in mw2

so thay must be the same in aisoft

needless to say i took this very well (as in i hunted them down like the gamers thay are)

WHY would ANYONE want a gun that looks like action man's shorts?

right i lol'd soo hard a while ago cos my mate, is a PS3 (Boo! Hiss!Xbox ftw) CoD addict, and Battle field, not the point, he said "Hey Zak, what BB gun are you getting now?" this was at the time i wanted a GR16 AKA M4 by G&G, He asked me if it was a M4A1 or the M4 Carbine (Obviously comparing CoD4 to MW2! lol) i wasn't sure about the difference so i chose Carbine to pee him off, he started going on about having waay better accuracy and damage on M4a1's and they look better apparently, so anyway i said, seriously Edward? Looks dont count, aslong as it dont look like you, it is good to go, and i added the explanation of upgrades, which i believe can happen on a real gun ANYWAY! Dont get me wrong here, i love Xbox, CoD Battlefield Halo Reach, that stuff, NEVER EVER WILL I LINK COD OR ANYTHING TO AIRSOFT, unless i have been requested to, which i doubt will happen...

My XBL GT: Mini Fusionz

like Alex Gale mentioned earlier, other young airsofters ruin it for me, im 12, not too fun when it gets ruined, i bet sombody at my skirmish WILL mention CoD, or a phrase they have heard, like if they Say "Contact 12 o'clock!" they probs think it is in the opposite direction to where it is supposed to be, i just KNOW there will be a "n00b" out there, more than one!

i used the fast reply thing, not too fast is it now!!

• Supporters

we use that kind of thing (shouting rediculous commands from COD and FPS (first person shooters, not foot per second :P) in general) as a bit of an 'in joke' then a CoD head come along and takes us seriously adn joins in..... usually to a much more serious tone and gets carried away.

may have to do some team killing next game and say 'the numbers made me do it' :lol:

(only those who have played Black Ops will understand)

<_< now that black ops is out it will be interesting to see what the noobs do :D black ops is good but i don't want to hear about it at airsoft.

anyways a load of the kids at the site i play at are giving us a bad reputation because they coppy our team camo and then act like morons and people thing their with us.

The only good thing I can see CoD:BO doing for airsoft is adding a nice selection of new Cold War era guns (lets be honest, calling CoD 7 a 'Nam era game would be...wrong. On sooo many levels.)

I mean, look at some of the new guns/extras that came out after MW2. ACRs/Masda, G17 Slides with the 141 logo (which, I'll be completely honest, is the only reason I'd ever get a Glock...), (affordable) H&K USPs. Other gubbins.

What can BO bring to us? Well, before BO came out, someone had already announced the Stoner '63 modular weapon system (albeit in the SAW version, none of the others) was being released.

But that still leaves us with - lots more - H&K 21s, Ithica 'Stakeout' shotguns, Enfield XL64s (being a lover of all things SA80, I'd jump up at this - although I would prefer the Enfield XL65 LSW :lol: ), MPLs & Spectres. Perhaps TM might re-release their legendary Uzi (again, I'd jump up at it). Perhaps the old JG (or any ACM) Skorpian may re-surface.

By no means is CoD:BO a good game (see my comments in the games section of the forum). But, taken as a simple firearms p*** game, there are an awful lot of non-Colt Armalite firearms that could be, and to be honest, should be made for airsoft.

Another bonus (well for me) - since all the 'wee uns' will be busy trying to look like Mason in 'Nam, or Cuba, I can get away with wearing my TF141 loadout without the embarrasment of some little kid yelling "Roooooaaach!". I can pretend I'm a proper PMC or SF... :lol:

Archived