Flyye Industries anyone?

C-The_Jackal
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey everyone, I'm new on these airsoft forums but I need a hand on locating some kit!

Basically, i'm after a FLYYE Force Recon Vest with Pouch Set Ver.Land (Black). The only places i've been able to find it in stock (in black) are all based in Hong Kong(one by the name of eHobby Asia?), which expect me to pay 77USD for shipping to the UK, plus possible import charges:/

Have emailed Flyye directly but i'm guessing the chinese new year is still effecting business over on their end? I was hopeful when I saw that military1st stocked them, but they have sold out of the black version, let alone in my size. They told me that they receive new deliveries from Flyye every 6 MONTHS!? Couldn't quite believe that considering that they have out of stock products already.

I'm sorta hoping that someone here may be able to shed some light on why it's so hard to get this gear in the UK, and where I could get hold of one of these MOLLE vests, without having to pay as much as 77USD for shipping(I would pay shipping obviously...but 77 seems a bit over the top...)

here's the link of the vest from military1st's website:

http://www.military1st.co.uk/fy-vt-m005-bk...land-black.html

Anyway, Thanks in advance to anyone who even attempts to help me!!

Carlos

Okay so i've found a supplier in Hong Kong who is selling the vest I want including shipping for about 170 quid. Done a rough quote for import taxes and i'm looking at about £200 when all is said and done. Only thing is, i'm wondering if there could be further complications? I mean, customs are bound to check most packages inbound from places like Hong Kong...But as this isn't a RIF package I mainly wondered how likely they are to stop a parcel with a tactical vest in it? I've literally never imported one thing into England and, although I want to support our retailers instead of Asia, our retailers can't get me what I want >:|

Hey there,

Cheers for your reply. I've only been able to find one on their website that comes in black:

http://uktactical.com/acatalog/Warrior_R.I.C.A.S_Base.html

Only thing is it doesn't come with as many pouches...but then it is far cheaper and doesn't cost 30 quid to ship...lol. Bit confused though as it doesn't offer any sizes, i'm not exactly the most bulky of blokes and don't want to spend money on a vest that doesn't fit because it's just one size?:/

Do you have any experience with Warrior's gear at all? i've not heard much about it, not that i'm saying it sucks mind you.

• Supporters

Not sure on the sizes, but wait a few people have this vest will be able to help.

I've got a fair bit of warrior kit as do many others on the forums so they will vouch for the high quality im sure- there stuff is made for real world situations so you wont have any problems with it for airsofting :lol:

Warrior stuff is pretty good. and being molle, you can stack as many pouches on it as you want.

If you are small, then they have compact seris which is smaller and might prefer, but look up the sizing guide.

My self i have 6ft and 17 stone (mostly muscle) and i have the DCS 5.56 multicam version.

i have to say i love the thing, its very durable, comfortable, and as for fitting, the velcro sides means its easy to adjust for a good fit, i mean my mate wore it for one game and he is 5'10 @10stone, and he got a perfect fit of it aswell just by adjusting it.

But im not sure about others but myself i started with with lots of pouches ammo/admin/mag drop/midikit/rations pouch/misc pouch/ but the truth is its, after a few games with allt hat gear i found that there is no point in having all that extra gear, so all i have no is just ammo/drop sack and admin pouch on my gear. if i need anythign else i put it in a day sack and leave it in the car till i need it, same with additional ammo and gas. i only carry what i will need and will use in a game.

Cheers for the info, i've been browsing their gear and i'm definitely tempted by it. It's a real shame they don't do more of the kit in black though. Could you guys fill me in and tell me the difference between a RICAS vest and a CIRAS? Probably making myself sound like a right amateur by asking but oh well.

Definitely want MOLLE gear. Few lads at my site have those viper tactical vests and whilst cheap, I don't like the thought of them. What with being tied into what pouches you have etc.

RICAS And CIRAS is the same thing.

Releasable Intergrated Combat Assault System

Combat Intergrated Releasable Assault System

the C and R are just in differnt places lol, its that simple.

As for viper, they are good, i have the viper LA swat vest, but the truth on them, although very light weight and comprtable to use, the material isnt all that good, i put my gear though hell, most of my gear i will use for weekends where i go into a forest and just go caveman, i found that the viper swat vest doesnt hold up well, as it is already starting to fall apart at the seems.

For the price which you pay for the LA swat you would be better of spending that extra few quid and get something better build quality.

Yeah i'm with you all the way on that, that's why I went primarily for Flyye because i've heard a lot of good things, despite being replicas of Eagle Industries gear. As I say, the main thing that's putting me off Warrior at the mo is the fact that they have barely any black gear. I've also been looking at their stock of pouches and they don't even stock any black MOLLE gear apart from the vests themselves :(

I was just about to part with my money too! Damn, this sucks. Might drop them an email on the off chance, asking them if there is any way that they can get a black RICAS compact :/ It's practically the same as the non compact so I don't get why they don't stock it at all. Probably due to supply and demand.

• Supporters

The RICAS (as far as I know) is a copy of the MAR CIRAS but cheaper- still great quality though

I've got the same as Da_Sherriff and it's really good- as he says, its worth spending a bit more on something that you can garuntee will last you

There is (as you say) a lack of black gear

Ahh yeah it makes sense now. I doubt doubt their quality, especially as they have a 5 year guarentee! Plus it's made from 1000D Cordura so it's a win win.

Just sent them an email questioning what i'd do for extra pouches if I was to buy one of their black vests as they don't sell any at this time. I could buy pouches from another manufacturer but that's not really the point is it :P. Have also asked if it's possible to get one of their compact range in black. I highly doubt it but if you don't ask you'll never know.

All in all i'm sure I want my vest from them now...just a case of hoping and praying they can sort something out in terms of the colour. Shame that everything else of theirs is bang on the money but something as simple as the colour puts a spanner in the works.

You guys have any idea if the AEG SCAR's mags would fit in those 5.56mm pouches? I'm thinking yes but would like a second opinion.

Cheers for mentioning them by the way, can't believe I missed that gem amongst all the rubble.

i will say, im supprised that you are after a vest like these in black, i dotn think ive seen people with that before, its always been lightweight vests like the viper and other simular, what load out you going for?

most people ive seen with molle platforms have gone with a plan OD or tan version so that it goes with a vary of differnt kit and camo

I'm trying to get something that I'll be able to benefit from in most situations. I.e if I go to CQB and urban sites I'd rather not have a multicam vest. I'm thinking if I had a black vest with the rest as DPM on outdoor sites then that could work as I could change my clothing to something that suits an urban environment. Failing all else I'll probably go for the multicam verson, but when i've got DPM clothing that would look kinda odd? lol, talk about keep digging a hole for myself eh?

The multicam does have a pretty damn big range of pouches on offer. But as this is my first MOLLE vest I worry about buying a vest and pouches separately as i've got no experience in putting it together (in short I wouldn't know how many pouches to buy and which pouches to buy lol).

p.s: any idea which pouches I should be looking for, for SCAR mags?:(

Scar mags are the same as your basic M4 mag, which is the most readily available type of mag out their. which means the pouches are also the cheapest out there, as for molle, the good thing is that it doesnt matter if its of a diffedrnt brand, if it says molle it will fit. so even if you want to save a few quid and just buy the basic High quality vest platform then get basic molle pouches to save on money you know you'll be ok.

The main worry with buying a vest platform is the stiching, as some people find that the straps that amke up the molle system often undoes it self meaning you have saggy pouches, or that the straps holding the vest come undone and you have to bodge a fix just to keep it on your torso.

as for the pouches them selfs you may find that a cheaper alternative will work well, all you need to worry about is that it has box stiching on the corners and your ok, as even the most basic of pouches can withstand a lot of beating, and if they do break they are cheap to replace. then as you get more money you can buy the official ones to match the vest.

As for which pouch to buy, well it depends on what airsoft you like. for instance is you are a High cap mag guy, then you can opt for a cross draw set up, as you only require a few mags per game.

but if you use midcaps or low caps you would opt for more mags on your person, so cross draw would be out the question, although if you have mid caps which hold 120rnds a cross draw can still be an opition.

Basic idea for pouches would be

-Ammo (M4 pouch, can get it with open top or a flap cover, this is personal preference)

-Drump pouch (this is where you can throw your spent mags duing a firefight. as it is quicker then trying to fiddle about putting your mag in an open ammo pouch)

-Admin pouch (this lets you keep things like maps, compass, ID, or any other paper work that you may be required to need during a game. most admin pouches have a Velcro part on them so you can put on a name tag/flag patch or team patch if you wished)

other pouches which people carry contain stuff like medic kits, and misc items pouch, in all honesty though there is no need for them as its more stuff which you dont need to carry. although if you are a qualified first aider, or you are playing a milsim game where you are the medic then these pouches may be useful.

also for games where they last entire weekends where you can only use what you can carry these extra pouches are handy to carry things like ration packs and cookers.

one final thing that is also very useful to have on your vest is a camel pack (hydration pack) which you can put water into.

although i normally fill mine with a hydration mix as it works better then water and tastes better aswell

Hope this all helps you out

Thanks for all the info, my mind's like a sponge at the moment so it's all good!

Good to hear about the SCAR mags, haven't got my SCAR yet but I'm planning ahead anyhow. As for the MOLLE vests and pouches I'm definitely thinking of getting the multicam RICAS compact vest from Warrior. In your opinion, would you say the multicam would look odd with DPM? At this rate I think I may need to nip out and get some new multicam clothing.

What's good is that I could probably get away with getting the backpack that contains the camelbak, as I already own a camelbak for when I go running, so it'd literally be a case of taking the bladder out of my running backpack and into the MOLLE one.

To be fair I'll probably just get the ammo, admin and a misc pouch to begin with and if I feel I need more i'll just top up.

you might get away with MTP on top of DPM, i mean MTP is fairly light when compared, and alot of people use tan vest on DPM and it still looks good.

and as for pouches its a good place to start, you only need basic, i mean even for those weekend events i normally just use a day sack and throw everythign into it, that way i can stash it if need be.

Definitely leaning toward the multicam vest now and just buying the pouches at the same time. Will wait until tomorrow to see what UK tactical replies to my email with. Will post what they say too, just incase anyone else is in the same boat as me for whatever reason.

If all goes well i'll be placing my order with em tomorrow. Plus as it's all in the UK already so for £7 I get next day recorded delivery...win win i say! In contrast to Hong Kong to UK + customs!

Definitely leaning toward the multicam vest now and just buying the pouches at the same time. Will wait until tomorrow to see what UK tactical replies to my email with. Will post what they say too, just incase anyone else is in the same boat as me for whatever reason.

If all goes well i'll be placing my order with em tomorrow. Plus as it's all in the UK already so for £7 I get next day recorded delivery...win win i say! In contrast to Hong Kong to UK + customs!

Placed my order for a Warrior RICAS compact including 5 ammo pouches, 2 small misc pouches and an admin pouch for 139.99. Nice to deal with a company that actually cares about customers and goes out of their way to do things. Their website didn't have a deal on closed pouches (only open top with the bungee cord) so i gave them a ring and they were happy to make a new bundle to save me some cash, and order over the phone.

As for the black vests for anyone who wants to know, they can't give a definite answer as to when they will have stock in as they only hold a small inventory of stock apparently. She said it could be anything from 3-6 months and even then they couldn't be sure. Also ordered a pair of Damascus MX25 MultiCam gloves. total order including shipping came to about £170. Pleasure to deal with and couldn't recommend UKTactical's service more.

Archived