Respraying Two-tone guns

Puddle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Fact.... You can paint any Airsoft etc.. etc.. There is no law preventing this.... yes there is, it is teh VCRA act, see sections 36 through 38

Fact..... Defense on the UKARA is to allow playing Skirmishing on what might be considered a ''Public'' Place. no, it is to allow skirmishers the right to purchase or manufacture Realistic imitation firearms, whilst preventing the public in general getting hold of them.

and I have no idea what the last 'fact' meant.

they are TT to, as you said, prevent casualties from armed police, but if a civvie saw one, they would be right to call the police as the weapon would be in public, which as I am sure you are aware is illegal.

so with a TT gun, if the armed police are called out, you are less likely to be shot with real steel guns as the bright colours aid the police in identifying the possible threat.

Errrr... Isn't that what I just pointed out.......

I suggest you read the Act then....

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2006/ukpga_20060038_en_5

See if you can find anything in there that: 1. Stops you from painting an Airsoft, If etc....

Skirmishing is not mentioned......

And you obviously do not consider yourself part of the ''General Public'' or a Civvie.... Then.

Strewth.... Just looked at your profiles.... Didn't realise you were just kids.........

Why don't you just go out and play with your toys.........

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

ok then.

how long have you been playing?

how old are you?

general public/civvie being the same thing, and most people are not aware of airsofts existance, althuogh it is beginning to change.

aand to end the argument once and for all

Manufacture, import and sale of realistic imitation firearms

(1)

A person is guilty of an offence if—

(a)

he manufactures a realistic imitation firearm;

(B)

he modifies an imitation firearm so that it becomes a realistic imitation firearm;

©

he sells a realistic imitation firearm; or

(d)

he brings a realistic imitation firearm into Great Britain or causes one to be brought into Great Britain.

part b (the smiley, it is the forums fault for it being smiley) is the one you want to look at there:

'he modifies an imitation firearm so that it becomes a realistic imitation firearm'

Two tone guns are imitation firearms. look it up if you don't believe me.

black (or other, realistic weapon colours) guns are Realistic imitation firearms.

thus: painting a Two tone weapon to black changes its status from IF to RIF.

EVERYONE STOP YOUR BITCHING lol

look Ettienne cut your losses while your at it if i could really be arsed i could look though the mountin of words that is the VCR act and prove you wrong

But i have reaqd that thing soo meny times to answer this question

BUT do you know what after scanning THIS topic i have found something to prove you wrong

The Act has no effect on skirmishing, nor has it any impact upon an individuals' ability to purchase accessories, spares, replacement parts etc. It is the sale of complete guns that is affected. It is likely that a court would view the assembling of component parts to produce a realistic imitation firearm as ‘manufacture’. It may well take the same view if a brightly coloured imitation firearm was painted to make it look more realistic."

Sorry but

OWNED!!

what? sorry i just gave up reading this ;)

• Supporters

. . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,

. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,

. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,

. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,

. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}

. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}

. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./

. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./

. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./

. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/

. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}

. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../

. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../

. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”

. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\

. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__

,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,

. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

Hi.

I am a bit new to this and been looking at this topic for a while. <_<

I can see Ettiennes point that there is no law stopping you from painting your own airsoft gun provided it is not an Imitation Firearm. B)

I think memcwho might have missed the point of the original post and then the slanging match started.

I have looked on the net and not found any cases that have made it to court let alone been proved.

I also figure if there is an exemption on Skirmish groups? then by that example in law anyone could be allowed. The lack of case law might indicate this.

I figure that it would be almost impossible to discover if someone had painted there own gun or has a gun that had been brought some time ago or had a painted gun and a lapsed membership card. :D

If it was used in an illegal act I figure the establishment would not even bother to pursue to see if it had been painted by the offender as it would undoubtedly be of less interest.

Looks like another unenforceable knee-jerk law that wont stand up in court.

What is the last post meant to be Nutster?

• Supporters
I can see Ettiennes point that there is no law stopping you from painting your own airsoft gun provided it is not an Imitation Firearm. B)

the point of an airsoft gun is that it IS an imitation firearm.

and there IS laws preventing you from painting them I already pointed them out!

rgahaahahhahagarafgffaaagghhh

this topic is starting to make me loose the will to live.

• Supporters

Closed, Painting an 2 tone weapon to look real IS ILLEGAL unless you have the appropriate defense i.e UKARA. End of. there is no way around it thats just the way it is.

Archived