Respraying Two-tone guns

Puddle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh, right, I understand.

I'm gunna specifically ask for a green one.

It's the only decent colour to have one in really.

And isn't blue illegal?

UKARA website:

The colours specified in this paragraph are—

bright red,

bright orange,

bright yellow,

bright green,

bright pink, and

bright purple.

This should be read in conjunction with Section 38 of the Act and is included for reference. It would be legal to sell an airsoft gun conforming to these specifications to a person over the age of 18 regardless of whether or not they were a registered skirmisher.

• 1 month later...

although the law says only 50% of the wepon has to be blue/red/ any other bright colour

I don't know if any ones played Call of Duty recently but if you stuck wit that rule and used black spray paint theres nothing wrong with createin red/blue tiger cammo rifles

BUT REMEMBER THE 50% rule

• Supporters

grey area methinks.

to make camo you need a black background

means you have to spray the whole gun black

which means you have 'manufactured a RIF'

and before you say jsut put the black on top in patches, seeing as how not all of the gun is bright, you end up with under 51% bright.

with anything regarding the law, just use common sense, don't find a way around it and just live with it. If someone managed to get to court my manufacturing a RIF, then the rest of us as a hobby and sport are fooked.

• 1 month later...

Here is the actual quote from the UKARA Website:

"The ABA, UKARA & UKASGB have successfully argued for a specific defence for airsoft skirmishing. This defence is for skirmishers only - it is not applicable to target shooters, collectors or to those with a passing attraction to realistic imitation firearms. Therefore the main restriction is on the sale of realistic imitation firearms (RiF). You may legally keep any you own prior to the Act coming into force. The Act has no effect on skirmishing, nor has it any impact upon an individuals' ability to purchase accessories, spares, replacement parts etc. It is the sale of complete guns that is affected. It is likely that a court would view the assembling of component parts to produce a realistic imitation firearm as ‘manufacture’. It may well take the same view if a brightly coloured imitation firearm was painted to make it look more realistic."

What the VCRA means to you:

In a nutshell, it is NOT illegal to own an airsoft gun, nor is it illegal to skirmish using a RiF. It IS illegal to purchase, import or make a RiF unless you can prove yourself to be eligible to the defence.

How do I qualify for the defense?

To be entered into the UKARA database of registered Airsoft Skirmishers you must:

◦BE OVER 18

◦Have Played A MINIMUM of 3 games (at the same site) in NO LESS THAN 2 months. ie; 3 games spaced over a period of 9 weeks should be enough.

This is a good explanation on both fronts:

http://www.airsoftexeter.com/forum/viewtop...e84&start=0

So in short:

NO respraying if you have got a defence

NO "call of duty" paint jobs that might be 50% bright colours

and

NO getting around the law like memcwho said just live with it

• 3 weeks later...
Yes memcwho is correct. You have to be UKARA registered to be able to respray it (and even then, I've been warned of some issues surrounding this)

Otherwise people would just buy two-tones and spray them black (or whatever the real colours are)

No such law preventing you from painting an airsoft gun in the UK.

It is not Manufacturing.

It is not selling.

Only in the US is it a criminal offence not to have the end of the barrel a red colour.

Ignore what anyone else says.

hmm.... you are wrong on all those points

it IS manufacturing. making it into a RIF is manufacturing.

and in some (most?) states you can remove or paint the orange tip after it has been sold.

so... ignore what you say.

Wrong...

I suggest that you are more sure of you facts before posting misleading information up on this site.

Please quote the relevant laws that you think exist or shut up.

• Supporters

oh really.

alternativley, since I know I am right, as is EVERYONE else who has ever answered the question of 'can i paint my gun black', YOU find where it says 'you can paint or modify an IF into a RIF without having a defence'

it may just be the case that you are getting confused or havent read the full thread, but the original question was about manufacturing an IF to being a RIF

• Supporters

Ettienne im sorry but your wrong, please go read the defense on the UKARA website and come back.

;)

if you could LEGALLY paint a 2 tone without an defense why would 2 tones exist?

however once you obtain a defense, then yes you are LEGALLY allowed to.

oh really.

alternativley, since I know I am right, as is EVERYONE else who has ever answered the question of 'can i paint my gun black', YOU find where it says 'you can paint or modify an IF into a RIF without having a defence'

it may just be the case that you are getting confused or havent read the full thread, but the original question was about manufacturing an IF to being a RIF

Strewth….

You are really ignorant and up yourself here….

Looks like you have been giving out false information for some time…

Quote the Law that says you cannot paint a two tone ''Gun'' Airsoft. IF RIF or any other......

I suggest you read the origional question again yourself and then do some research before wrongly putting others down, and giving out false information, which it looks like you have been doing for some time.

see what matt said.

ignorant and up myself though?

ignorant? no. I spend so much time on my PC on fourms and internet with airsoft in general, I would have noticed If i knew wrong.

up myself? probably :P

OK.......

Fact.... You can paint any Airsoft etc.. etc.. There is no law preventing this....

Fact..... Defense on the UKARA is to allow playing Skirmishing on what might be considered a ''Public'' Place.

Fact...... After the authorised time or gaming lapse period even for Skirmishing.... You can Buy or Paint your Airsoft, IF...etc....

They are painted Two Tone to assist in the prevention of casualties from Police Armed Response Teams. and ''Well meaning public'' Reporting...

You already know this.

Like anyone really knows if it is a ''Real'' Gun painted to look like a Legal Sale IF, or an IF painted to look like a ''Real Gun''...

Go ahead paint your gun one colour.... (Even Blue or Red)...... But I think most are considering Black or Gunmetal.....

Go onto some private land or warehouse with permission and away from a public right of way.... and then see if anyone can come up with a statue case or law to prosecute....

You know I am right.....

Now lets get on with having some fun........

• Supporters

Fact.... You can paint any Airsoft etc.. etc.. There is no law preventing this.... yes there is, it is teh VCRA act, see sections 36 through 38

Fact..... Defense on the UKARA is to allow playing Skirmishing on what might be considered a ''Public'' Place. no, it is to allow skirmishers the right to purchase or manufacture Realistic imitation firearms, whilst preventing the public in general getting hold of them.

and I have no idea what the last 'fact' meant.

they are TT to, as you said, prevent casualties from armed police, but if a civvie saw one, they would be right to call the police as the weapon would be in public, which as I am sure you are aware is illegal.

so with a TT gun, if the armed police are called out, you are less likely to be shot with real steel guns as the bright colours aid the police in identifying the possible threat.

• Supporters

Ettienne just do this your way, go to the UKARA website and find me where it says you can.

if not i will just delete your posts because your so wrong its unreal.

feel free to actually prove me wrong.

Archived