Respraying Two-tone guns

Puddle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Would it be possible for me to buy a two-tone gun and respray it?

I've heard from somewhere than this is legal if you attend a skirmish, but illegal if you do not.

Just wanted to double check. :lol:

Tom.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes memcwho is correct. You have to be UKARA registered to be able to respray it (and even then, I've been warned of some issues surrounding this)

Otherwise people would just buy two-tones and spray them black (or whatever the real colours are)

Well, providing your local skirmishing site allows under 18s (like mine does) its possible that they'll let you hire a RiF.

The place I went to in Huddersfield let me hire out a RiF G36c when I was last there - and 16 years old (but I currently own a two-tone). If you're 18+ but trying to get UKARA'd then its likely that they'll let you hire out a RiF aswell.

At the moment, an 18+ guardian can buy a two-tone for you and gift it to you.

And, two-tones don't all look bad. Hell, in my opinion, one or two guns I've seen look better in green or red :lol:

Hmm, yeah, suppose.

Mhm, if I do get one its gotta be a two-tone.

But I wish I could spray it black. ^_^

I really should try airsofting out first before making any decisions. lol.

Oh, also, what are the laws of someone selling you a RiF privately? Like a friend or something?

I don't think you can buy a RiF from a UKARA if you're not UKARA'd yourself.

Thats why in the classified section of the forum you have to be UKARA'd to buy RiF (or get it sprayed two-tone)

Privately selling a RiF - again, you'd have to be UKARA'd AFAIK.

I'd definitly try out airsofting properly before you get something. Ask 'veterans' as to their opinion of guns. The skirmish site owners/armourer will have good advice too - true, they'll probably buy cheap guns to rent out, but they probably chose that type for a specific reason (i.e. its almost impossible to destroy it and easy to repair) Otherwise, you could end up doing what I did...and getting something thats pretty much a useless brick <_<

• Supporters
No you can use a RIF owned by someone else (ie site hire) you just carnt buy one DOSNT MATTER WHERE IT COMES FROM

As far as i know :)

yes. You cannot own a RIF regardless of anything. You cannot buy from private sellers and you cannot get one as a present. end of. You cannot paint it RIF. You cannot change parts to make it RIF.

You MAY use one. under supervision.

Three cheers for hugh's Army Armament R85 :lol:

HIP HIP...

Thanks Dave...

:lol:

Since the repair & upgrade it's not that bad...

If you want a gun that...never works, get the R85. One that falls apart when you don't want it to? R85. Doesn't field strip properly? R85. :lol:

As to RiF - sadly thats the way the law works.

Trust me, after a while, you don't notice the fact that your gun a bright colour. Green, in particular isn't too bad - in woodland, you hardly notice the colour. It won't get you spotted. Same goes for red.

IF you don't want a JG/SRC basic (the M4, G36c, P90, M14 etc) or a two-tone.

Then rent a gun.

(But first - have you seen the JG Steyrs? They are good ;) )

Buying one of the expensive guns from Wolf Armouries or RedWolf Airsoft and two-toning it isn't a great idea. Trust me. Buying a £350 gun, and then having it spray painted green/red/yellow/pink will really bug you. I'd love to get an Ares/ICS L85 or Ares L22AFV. But, all of them cost £350 and spraying them green would, imo ruin them. (Unless I can find one almost new for £160-200! :lol: )

Think of it this way - its like buying an Aston Martin and painting it pink with daisies on the side. But using dulux house paint and warhammer spray paint.

If you're not keen on the current affordable range of two-tones, I thinkrenting is the best option. Keep the good £300+ guns until you're UKARA'd.

Hmm, yeah. I've seen some really nice guns, with real wood stocks and metal bodies but they're out of my price range for now. And taking the advice of most airsofters on the internet, I shall not buy a cheap Chinese copy. SO I think I'll rent until I'm UKARA'd and have a job. :D

Thanks guys. :)

EDIT: I haven't seen a JG Steyr, I'll have a look now. :D And also, I saw some really nice TM Shotguns for ~£150 which is affordable to me, but I dunno.

The Steyrs are nice (or atleast the A2 is)

Definitly worth the £120 (or £145 for the A3 'tactical') Easy to use, reliable, and very easy to field stip.

Take a look a the reviews (video and written).

The good thing about these in two-tone is that in real life they are already green! (Well, ok, olive drab, but its close enough :P )

My only experiance of shotguns comes from the £50-60 ones (like the M56). They were ok, but I'd take an assault rifle or SMG over the shotguns I've used anyday.

But yes - renting is good. It means should the gun break, you don't have to pay for the repairs. Unless you caused the damage...

:lol:

Shotguns?

I wouldnt

The guys down my site just use them to look cooler TBH its just a over sized pistol

I have never seen a shotgun being use effectively but it depends on your site (my site is woodland)

Just a hands up :)

Sorry for all the questions, but I find this really interesting and I wanna learn more. ^_^

What do you guys think of this gun?

http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/...ct&id=16283

I'd have to get it 2 toned for £15, but it comes with battery, charger and safety goggles and the price is very reasonable.

Any good?

I've been a googling, and found out that CA stands for Classic Army. :D

Also, the actual gun is all black, which i dont mind. And it's a ABS plastic body?

And I found a review on youtube saying it was very good for the price.

Archived