m4 drum mag help needed

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, im new on here, so i appologise if this has already been discussed elsewhere, but alas i couldnt find anything.

Im after buying an electric drum mag for a kings arm s&w mp15 (i presume its an m4) and i wanna get an electric drum magazine to use in it.

Im using madbull precision bb's (5.95+- 0.01mm) and the only electric mags i can find say 6mm, would the bb's i use not work with it or would they be too small? and if anyone can point me in the direction of one that would work with my gear if possible i would be forever in your debt.

Hope one of your guru's can help me here, many thanks and looking forward to your replies.

Cheers guys!

Im after buying an electric drum mag

Hi mate i know its not what you want to hear, but dont get a drum mag for an M4

if your wanting to play a support role, get a support gun

or if you just want a massive amount of rounds get some high caps

mid/ low cap players (like myself) being on the recieving end of a guy with his first gun and the biggest magazine they can fit on it just instantly zaps all realism/ fun out of that encounter

Tom

mid/ low cap players (like myself) being on the recieving end of a guy with his first gun and the biggest magazine they can fit on it just instantly zaps all realism/ fun out of that encounter

But only until he burns out his motor and trigger contacts after too much prolonged use :)

If you must get one, then those bbs will be fine. All the measurement is telling you is that they're under 6mm so will fit tighter barrels rather than being too big and causing jams.

Bear in mind the mag will make your gun considerably heavier - depending on model they hold anything from 900 to 2500 bbs so you'll have all that extra weight to lug around. Any M4 mag will be fine. Try and get one that takes normal batteries or you'll end up with something else you need to remember to charge before a game :)

Cheers guys, was looking for something a lil different and looking at ppl saying drum mags aint much fun makes me think "i dont wanna be that person", so i think ill have to get a few midcap mags instead (7 midcaps for the same price as 1 drum mag), just need to get a rig to fit it all then,lol.

Any suggestions or ideas on non wind mags or just mid and low cap ones are better?

Cheers guys, was looking for something a lil different and looking at ppl saying drum mags aint much fun makes me think "i dont wanna be that person", so i think ill have to get a few midcap mags instead (7 midcaps for the same price as 1 drum mag), just need to get a rig to fit it all then,lol.

Any suggestions or ideas on non wind mags or just mid and low cap ones are better?

If you don't want to wear out your thumb then stick to midcaps. Usually anywhere from 70 to 140 rounds in each. You'll need a speedloader to recharge them but at least they don't rattle and "usually" feed OK, although some can be a bit temperamental. Try Star midcaps, they are reasonable cost and most comments I've seen rate them quite highly.

Lonex flash mags. 330rd mags that fill up like a hi-cap. Pull a cord approx 8 times and they won't need winding again. Available for M4s and AKs. Available on eBay.

or if your anywhere near patrolbase, or i think they may have updated their website.

Chris there is doing a deal of 8 midcaps for 45 quid, used them in my ics m4 and not skipped a beat

• 3 weeks later...
Looked on patrol base and i couldnt see any (you have any links?), i did see a few single mags but they are like best part of £20 each, and tbh im not paying £120 for 6 mags.

its not on his site (its a bit slow in updating. its just an offer he was doing in store about a month ago)

Archived