cyma ak fps

davegt3
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi all first off im new to airsoft done my first skirmish just a couple of days ago, and am hooked lol. basically i want to get my own gun frieds already have ak47's so ive been looking at cyma ak as i can use there spare mags etc. basically the cyma's fps all seem above the 328 limit at our local club so how would i go about lowering this? is it just a case of a new spring? any info would be really helpful

I have never done this myself but i bet there are plenty of people on this forum (And maybe even an instructional topic here or there) who have done.

However points to note:

1.This involves taking apart your gun and in most cases dissasembling the gear box- so if youre ham fisted this may be a problemo.

2. Its not just about springs, and there is no garuntee that any spring will get your fps to any level, so it may not be as easy as it seems.

3. Fps levels tend to drop severely after the first 500-1000 rounds go through them i think. i wouldnt adjust ANYTHING until you have put a few rounds through it first and got it chrono'd

4. NEVER trust chinese (CYMA, JG Etc) quoted FPS when buying airsoft guns. They are often wrong.

Archived