Chest rig or Vest

Grimfist
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I got a vest because I once wore a friend's chest rig (adjusted for me) and found it really uncomfortable. That, and I just prefer the wya the vest looks over a rig.

I find the vest is comfortable to wear, infact I barely notice it anymore. Its like wearing a slightly heavy jacket (minus arms).

Provided you don't fill all of the pouches completely you will feel the hits. I do. It's likely you'll hear the hits aswell.

I've never been shot in the back whilst wearing it, so I can't comment on if you do/don't feel the hits there (although not all of it is as padded as the example you've shown.)

Personally - I prefer the vest. I found it much more comfortable and convenient than the rig.

I prefer Plate Carriers and i managed to call all my hits sunday you just need to listen out for them then trust on feeling (but you will get that with most LBE (Load Bearing Equipment))

But it is all down to user prefence what i would recomend is to find someone on your with both a Vest and Plate Carrier and try them on before you commit

Hope that helped

Jack

well, ive used webbing (British 95 + newer one) and i don't like it, all the bits dangle down everywhere,

these both have exactly what i need on them (3mags, badge, radio and pouch for BB's and a mars and speed loader)

i might go vest as they do look cooler.

Archived