G&G GR16 PROBLEM

Spec ops
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

does anyone know why my G&G GR16 gearbox is blocking

it will shot fine for 5 - 20 shots then it will block

please help

does anyone know why my G&G GR16 gearbox is blocking

it will shot fine for 5 - 20 shots then it will block

please help

Could you explain exactly what you mean by block? Is the gun stopping firing at all (i.e. pull trigger and nothing happens) or do you mean it will shoot for a while then stop propelling BBs out of the barrel?

Could you explain exactly what you mean by block? Is the gun stopping firing at all (i.e. pull trigger and nothing happens) or do you mean it will shoot for a while then stop propelling BBs out of the barrel?

i fire on semi then it stops fireing

i switch to full auto, it will fire then

i switch back to semi then after a few shots repeat again

same happened to me in middle of skirmish check the body pins are in tightlly and the magazine it happened to me becuase of mag/body wobble a pin fell off

its nothing to do with the mag well, body or magazine

• Supporters

It sounds like your typical semi-lock issue, all the AEGs I've had have had it happen at some point apart from my G&G MP5, though never none of them have ever had it happen that frequently...

I've always been able to make do and cope with it. It tends to happen when I try to fire quickly using semi. If you make slower follow up shots it ought to be alright, or just use auto all the time and fire in bursts.

See if that helps.

I was under the impression it was when you fire in semi, but the gears dont make a full turn either because you dont hold the trigger down for a full revolution or were firing too quickly for your battery to cope and the same thing happens (a full revolution of the gears is not made).

Simple fix: Just use full auto

Its not difficult to pull one round off in full auto.

Better fix: Bigger battery

The better the battery, the quicker those gears will turn and make a full rev, creating a smaller window of opportunity for you to let go, miss time etc a trigger pull. You dont even need to upgrade Voltage. I bought a 8.4v 3300Mah battery to replace my 8.4 stock, and the rate of fire increased considirably.

BE WARNED: Your gun may not be built to withstand the stress of super high ROF and there is probably a massive discussion somewhere on here about this, so its up to you to work out how much you want to increase rof etc. Just dont be stupid and whack a 10.8v Li-po In there or you might create similar conditions preceding the event we know as the big bang.

Archived