ehobbyasia (just magz)

bio arm
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi all

was just wondering what the process was of getting pistol magz through customs and if i hav to pay on top, even tho it would be just 2 pistol magz from ehobbyasia...its just that the magz im after are £34.99 over here but are only £16 from there :) and with P&P on top its only £46 total...

cheers

• Supporters

Anything with a combined over 20 quid i think it is now you have to pay TAX`s on if you don`t expect mister tax man on your doorstep asking for reciept`s and tearing you a new one for 2 mag`s (my friend just got finished with them for it last week for 5 Mag`s he ended up including original price paying 200 of her Majesty`s best side to em)

• AF-UK Founding Member

We can't tell you how much you'll get taxed as we aren't customs. I'd say expect £15-£20 upwards, but it could be nothing, it could be more or less.

Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

By the way it's 'mags' not 'magz innit bled' :P

Cheers.

whatever :P pmsl

hi. bio i,ve bought pistol and rifle magazines from ehobby. i,ve never been charged tax or any other payment. i must have bought at least 24 magazines from there. so i must have been really lucky or if you do get taxed ur really really unlucky.

hi. bio i,ve bought pistol and rifle magazines from ehobby. i,ve never been charged tax or any other payment. i must have bought at least 24 magazines from there. so i must have been really lucky or if you do get taxed ur really really unlucky.

sounds great, not sure if i would get a pistol tho, knowing my luck, i would get stung by the taxman really bad :/

Its under £18 then you will be fine, of its over then expect to get hit by 20% tax + £13-15 handling fee. You need to factor this into purchases. You may get hit, you may not, but be prepared to take it in the wallet. It has meant that I order lots of single mags as it still works out cheaper than buying them in the UK. Another option would be to order them from the EU as you won't pay tax or handling fee. www.tiawangun.com are my favourite EU seller and may have what you want.

Its under £18 then you will be fine, of its over then expect to get hit by 20% tax + £13-15 handling fee. You need to factor this into purchases. You may get hit, you may not, but be prepared to take it in the wallet. It has meant that I order lots of single mags as it still works out cheaper than buying them in the UK. Another option would be to order them from the EU as you won't pay tax or handling fee. www.tiawangun.com are my favourite EU seller and may have what you want.

thanks for the heads up mate, will hav alook on there as i havnt been on there website yet :)

• 3 weeks later...

I've ordered stuff from all over asia (including ehobby) this past year ranging in value from £5 to £200 and so far had not had to pay, so either I've been really lucky or I've got one huge bill coming my way!

By the way the link from @bigshep I think was a typo, should be www.taiwangun.com :)

Archived