AEG Assembly

Dapandageneral
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello AF UK :)

I am a Canadian player currently residing outside Canada and I am leaving this place soon I am considering taking some of my airsoft swag with me. But as you all know, Canadian laws are rather strict on matters regarding fake firearms and airsoft.

I own a couple of guns, but they are no where near 407 FPS and since I cannot buy a gun here and bring it back, I am considering bringing the parts of the guns back(entirely legal except for the body). And put it all together again myself, (I am considering an Ar15 for the ease of configuration). But I am not so certain bout whether this is even practical, I am tight on budget on this and I really need a 400+ fps gearbox configuration.

I can buy most of the parts here for a cheaper price. My question is that, is is cheaper to buy an entire gearbox(with the motor) than to buy parts in the gear box separately and custom build a gearbox myself or even the entire gun? I also got some other questions about this too but I want to hear what other players have to say about this first. As far as I know, most V2 gear box are compatible with most m4s on the market, is that correct?

I am no gun smith and I really haven't taken out the parts and actually assemble a gun from scratch, I usually take these things to the gun smiths. Perhaps a link to some sorta guide will be nice :)

• Supporters

i`m sure their`s one in the guide`s section but i beleive what you described was you`ll be bringing a rifle here and assembling it in which case is straight away illegal and will get you in the tippytoppest court here on firearm`s charge`s as you will be manufacturing without a license

i`m sure their`s one in the guide`s section but i beleive what you described was you`ll be bringing a rifle here and assembling it in which case is straight away illegal and will get you in the tippytoppest court here on firearm`s charge`s as you will be manufacturing without a license

Oh no, I am bringing this back to Canada :P

• Supporters

oh in which case you will need a Canadian forum not a british forum ;) but im sure their lower`s have to be see through and under a certain FPS (lower than our`s i think)

Archived