The law and airsoft

Darrenj
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• AF-UK Founding Member

Contacting the papers isn't the way to go, you'd be putting an already fragile situation under the spotlight. As players we want the sport to continue. A better bet might be to get in touch with the parents of the kids. You're printed materials and a few mentions of armed response units and I'm sure they'll sort their kids out!

Contacting the papers isn't the way to go, you'd be putting an already fragile situation under the spotlight. As players we want the sport to continue. A better bet might be to get in touch with the parents of the kids. You're printed materials and a few mentions of armed response units and I'm sure they'll sort their kids out!

I agree, I dont think the papers are the correct way, but unfortunately its these parents who are sending the kids down and as the police are saying its not a crime they take no notice of what I say, to them its out of sight, out of mind, until one of them gets hurt then we all know what will happen!

Its the police in this case who are at fault but its knowing where to turn.

aah what`s that independant body that investigate`s the police get them on it.

Yeah that is one way to go, but are they really independent?? or are they like ombudsman's and generally take the side of who's paying them !! God I sound cynical !!! :unsure:

• Supporters

you ought to meet my uncle Sven (if you listen to a certain radio station he talk`s to the presentor about conspiracy stuff) and i do agree although in scotland we recently had a case where 2 cop`s are being charged for chasing an innocent Motorist down in a dangerous and alarming manner.

I believe this is what you're talking about Craig:

http://www.ipcc.gov.uk/en/Pages/default.aspx

You can lodge a complaint.

That won't make any difference whatsoever to getting the problem resolved. They'll just investigate those officers (and probably take about a year to do so). You'd be much better off speaking to the Inspector who supervises the officers who attended your address or going to the local police station, in possession of the legislation you have printed off, asking to speak to the duty officer to make a complaint and then explaining the situation in full to him/her. The local inspector will speak to the officers concerned AND will get them to reattend and resolve the matter, the IPCC will not.

• AF-UK Founding Member

That may be the case, I'm not an expert in the area. I was just clarifying the comments made previously and said what actions were available through the IPCC :)

That may be the case, I'm not an expert in the area. I was just clarifying the comments made previously and said what actions were available through the IPCC :)

No worries. They do their very best to hide how slow and incompetent they are from the public. There are definitely more practical solutions, but most people wouldn't know what they are. That's the benefit of forums though, I guess.

Edit: In answer to someone above (DarrenJ, I think) th IPCC are most definitely independent. They justify their existence only by finding the police at fault, so if anything they've gone completely the other way from just towing the Govt line. They are VERY slow though (they regularly carry out their investigations over the course of 1-2 years before making a decision) and they make mistakes left, right and centre.

No worries. They do their very best to hide how slow and incompetent they are from the public. There are definitely more practical solutions, but most people wouldn't know what they are. That's the benefit of forums though, I guess.

Edit: In answer to someone above (DarrenJ, I think) th IPCC are most definitely independent. They justify their existence only by finding the police at fault, so if anything they've gone completely the other way from just towing the Govt line. They are VERY slow though (they regularly carry out their investigations over the course of 1-2 years before making a decision) and they make mistakes left, right and centre.

Thats very interesting, previously we have tried to get the inspector for the area and all we keep getting is a sgt who basically says the same thing as his officers, to quote' there just toys' 'no crime has been committed' etc etc, so its very hard to get anywhere. I suppose they hope by continually closing ranks and stating the same thing they hope you will go away, but they dont know us the more they wont do anything the more we will fight to get justice, I have to say they are very convincing and I do find myself doubting the laws !! thats stupid, right !!! :unsure:

If they were razzing around on mini Motos shooting at each other the Rozzers would soon be getting a grip of them LOL

Thats very interesting, previously we have tried to get the inspector for the area and all we keep getting is a sgt who basically says the same thing as his officers, to quote' there just toys' 'no crime has been committed' etc etc, so its very hard to get anywhere. I suppose they hope by continually closing ranks and stating the same thing they hope you will go away, but they dont know us the more they wont do anything the more we will fight to get justice, I have to say they are very convincing and I do find myself doubting the laws !! thats stupid, right !!! :unsure:

Seems like the guys who attended the first time either didn't know what to do or didn't want to do the writing involved, and their Sgt is backing them up and hoping it goes away. Seems to me that you want the problem resolved rather than for these guys to get the sack, so making a complaint isn't necessarily gonna help that, but the more people fob you off the less likely you are to let it stop without a complaint. When you speak to the inspector (or even just the PC from your relevant Safer Neighbourhoods Team) make sure you drop in the buzzwords "anti-social behaviour" and mention how it's affecting your quality of life, how you're disappointed that it hasn't been taken seriously by the police so far, feel they've let you'd own etc.

I have spent yesterday afternoon trying to establish where these kids are getting these airsoft guns so I can try to find out what information they are being given about the laws, obviously there is the internet, but Cornwall being Cornwall there are very few retailers, however I have found one quite local to this area and I have had a very interesting conversation with him and it is apparent that all the local kids are getting them from here.

Firstly he stated that he 50% coloured ones are the ones kids generally have, though he did say that you had to be over 18 to buy one but you could then just give it to your child to wreak havoc were his terms, using a 50% coloured weapon in public was frowned upon and it was the ones painted black that were under the law, he then proceeded to tell me how to repaint a 50% coloured into a black one.

So I now know where they are getting their info, maybe the local police are getting their info there as well.

This is the sort of outfit that is putting your sport in jeopardy, if the mods want more info on who it is then please PM me unless its ok to put it on here?.

Comments welcome.

• AF-UK Founding Member

Does he sell the black guns too? UKARA may has been disinterested before, but I would imagine they'd be very interested in that. A retailer explaining details on how to change the colours back isn't great!

Does he sell the black guns too? UKARA may has been disinterested before, but I would imagine they'd be very interested in that. A retailer explaining details on how to change the colours back isn't great!

I didn't get the impression he did, as he said its easy to make it look realistic!

I've had a look on the UKARA site and he is not listed.

Just had a chat with a local ex met police officer who is now the head of security for the large company that own the woods where these kids shoot, he is not happy with the police response and knows all the Sgt's and more importantly the Inspector so is now taking this on and will now work with us to bring this issue to a conclusion. By the sounds of it he will take no prisoners as a large land owner have many issues such as motorcycles and shooting including airsoft, with motorcycles when they catch them, and they do, the motorcycle is destroyed the same has happened with guns and airsoft guns, so maybe this will be the end, at least we have some who will now help and remove these people that are doing your sport damage.

Many Thanks for all your help.

• Supporters

Cheer`s although i don`t think you can destroy them unless a court allow`s you too but even then it will be done by the law as i know the people (forgotten what their called now) who protect the river spey from people fishing are only allowed to take Rod`s and Reel`s but have to give them back immediatly if no fish are caught or if kept longer than 1 24HR period (Apparently) they get fined or have to pay Compensation unless a Charge is Brought.

Archived