Improving range and accuracy on an AEG G36c

The Atomic Punk
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ello!!!!!!!!!!

I was in the woods the other day (oo er) and I was talking about getting my range increased on my G36c. I've been adjusting my hop up mid battle to get it perfect, but I feel I need to do more.

A friend said I would do well with installing a silencer (which would requiring me to change the barrel AS WELL AS buying a silencer) as the increased length would ipso facto increase range, as well as accuracy. Seems logical from a lay point of view.

However, 7 minutes later another said that this was not true.

Just looking for advice on waht tod o about this.

I also have an AEG M14 in repair (wiring issue) that I have yet to use and was wondering if the longer barrel = longer range math would work on it.

Many thanks to those who can help :)

you can get this upgrade, but its like 35 quid, then barrel is at least 30 for a decent one, and the benefit would not be worth the money. i get pretty good range from my g36c with a perfectly adjusted hop, and its totally standard gun.

but its a cqb weapon at the end of the day, and will never out do a long range weapon.

if you need a long range weapon, and DONT need a short range weapon, sell this g36c and buy yourself an m14 (huge barrel length for an AEG) or a full length m16. this will give the range you need. or keep the g36 as a spare weapon and close range weapon and buy a new gun as well, depends on your financial status.

its not exact, but as a rule of thumb, a longer barrel will have better range.

morale of the story is, you can spend £60+ upgrading your gun and it wont be that much better when your done. put the money in a different gun if your playing woodland most of the time!!!

Cheers for that!

My plan is to have 2 load outs (G36c for CQB and M14 with auto pistol holstered for woodland etc).

Will probably get the G36c upgraded still to give it better usability in different situations.

totally up to you at the end of the day, g36 is cracking reliable gun for the cost, should never let you down.

its great to have a few different versions of play though, sometimes i like to defend, sometimes i like to attack etc, m14 is a great weapon get yours repaired and your all set.

:)

Archived