New to Airsoft (Vid)

NovaStriker
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all, I'm Kinda new to airsoft, started off with a Famas springer.

Got a few mates to join us and they also enjoyed it.

From the famas, I got the Crosman C11 gas pistol and each time I got a new gun I got more and more into it.

Since then myself and 2 others have now purchased AEGs and will be hopeing to go to our first skirmish site in Bolton in Feb.

Our springers we had previous to our AEGs, we let our other friends use them who want to try it out, and it must be working as a few of them want to purchase AEG's too :D

This is basically a video that I put together of 6 of us having our own little skirmish.

No fancy editing as I'm just learning how to use sony vegas pro.

This is just using our normal Digital Cam sellotaped onto the tip of the gun =D

Nothing impressive but gotta start somewhere.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated too so I know how to improve on things.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Hate to burst your bubble, but if you're not playing at a skirmish site then what you're doing is quite massively illegal.

You're harming the sport by playing like that in a random wood, especially when you're posting evidence of your crimes on the internet.

Don't get me wrong, I love that you enjoy the sport and want to get more into it, but please stop doing that and just pay to use a skirmish site.

Just the other day someone not interested in the sport joined the forums JUST to ask about some kids they'd seen in a wood nearby who they suspected were breaking the law, for all any of us know you and your mates could have been that group of kids.

They were pretty hell bent about making sure they didn't do it again as well.

Also, aren't Crossman an air gun company? I didn't think they made anything airsoft friendly.

Hate to burst your bubble, but if you're not playing at a skirmish site then what you're doing is quite massively illegal.

You're harming the sport by playing like that in a random wood, especially when you're posting evidence of your crimes on the internet.

Don't get me wrong, I love that you enjoy the sport and want to get more into it, but please stop doing that and just pay to use a skirmish site.

Just the other day someone not interested in the sport joined the forums JUST to ask about some kids they'd seen in a wood nearby who they suspected were breaking the law, for all any of us know you and your mates could have been that group of kids.

They were pretty hell bent about making sure they didn't do it again as well.

Also, aren't Crossman an air gun company? I didn't think they made anything airsoft friendly.

Private woods with written consent from the farmer who owns it, don't worry :)

And about the crosman gun, heres a link to it, it's for airsoft :)

http://justbbguns.co.uk/product/66/BB-Guns...634/AIR-MAG-C11

• Supporters

Nope so long as they have written consent and it is only on private land away from public eye's nothing really can be said other than let's wait and see if someone doe's something stupid

• Supporters
Private woods with written consent from the farmer who owns it, don't worry :)

And about the crosman gun, heres a link to it, it's for airsoft :)

http://justbbguns.co.uk/product/66/BB-Guns...634/AIR-MAG-C11

In that case I apologise, doesn't seem like you really need any help. All I'd advise is buying guns from anywhere other than JBBG as they're rather spectacularly shite lol. Look on Zero One, Wolf Armouries or Action Hobbies, they have nice wide selections and I think they all have a two toning service.

Though I'd suggest you skirmish 3 times to get yourself UKARA registered. Guns are infinitely prettier in their real life colours and the time it takes you to get registered you can spend with some more seasoned airsofters and have a nosey around their kit, get a feel for what's good and what's not. Informed decisions are the way forward in this sport, if you buy a gun that breaks, the sinking feeling stings for a while.

Joining this most excellent forum is certainly another step in the best direction. Good luck with your airsofting future lol.

In that case I apologise, doesn't seem like you really need any help. All I'd advise is buying guns from anywhere other than JBBG as they're rather spectacularly shite lol. Look on Zero One, Wolf Armouries or Action Hobbies, they have nice wide selections and I think they all have a two toning service.

Though I'd suggest you skirmish 3 times to get yourself UKARA registered. Guns are infinitely prettier in their real life colours and the time it takes you to get registered you can spend with some more seasoned airsofters and have a nosey around their kit, get a feel for what's good and what's not. Informed decisions are the way forward in this sport, if you buy a gun that breaks, the sinking feeling stings for a while.

Joining this most excellent forum is certainly another step in the best direction. Good luck with your airsofting future lol.

No worries fella :)

The spring guns you see in the video are for JBBG which was the first guns we got which got us into it. The AEG's a few of us now have are from Zero One, and 1 gun from ActionHobbies. A couple of the lads are getting their AEG's on payday this friday, so hopefully in the future the JBBG springers will be left at home :)

Going to our first proper airsoft skirmish on sat 11th feb at Bolton Woodlands, and will be attending hopefully quite regularly if possible as really interested in airsofting as a hobby. My gun is painted so when I do get my ukara i'll clean it off with some methelated spirit which I believe gets the stuff right off.

Nice to meet you all by the way :)

Looks like you had a lot of fun, wish I had some out of view private land nearby (and permission of course). A massive back garden would suffice as well, but mine at 15m long not going to work...

Much as I love organised skirmish days, I don't get many full days free and the option of popping out for an hour here or there with my mates would be perfect. Sadly it not an option around here, so its just normal skirmishing for me when I have cash and a day off :)

Interesting question I will now need to check, if you skirmish on a private site without insurance you cant get a UKARA, since you would have to register with them and that needs insurance. However would those private skirmishes count towards a legitimate defense of being an airsofter?

EDIT - Answering myself by looking at notes on VCRA it states that you must be playing at a site with 3rd party insurance. So looks like you would need to get your own insurance in which case I suppose you effectively become a site or play at a site that has it. :) Although I stand to be corrected by the law experts on here.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply.

As it is not a site we are playing at, it is just privately owned woodlands I wouldn't have thought it would come under that? as nobody is paying fees for anything?

For example, If I owned my house with no neighbours or main road around for a good half a mile, with lets say a 100x100 meter back garden with some trees for cover and a couple of sheds dotted around, and bring 4-5 mates over to shoot I wouldn't have thought that would need to have any insurance?

If i'm wrong then I will hold my hand up, but I can see where you are coming from.

Now that I have changed jobs though, I have weekends off, so will be only doing Airsofting now at sites as previously worked weekends and wasn't able to go.

Went to my first ever Airsoft skirmish at Bolton Woodlands. Really Enjoyed it!

Thanks for your reply.

As it is not a site we are playing at, it is just privately owned woodlands I wouldn't have thought it would come under that? as nobody is paying fees for anything?

For example, If I owned my house with no neighbours or main road around for a good half a mile, with lets say a 100x100 meter back garden with some trees for cover and a couple of sheds dotted around, and bring 4-5 mates over to shoot I wouldn't have thought that would need to have any insurance?

If i'm wrong then I will hold my hand up, but I can see where you are coming from.

Now that I have changed jobs though, I have weekends off, so will be only doing Airsofting now at sites as previously worked weekends and wasn't able to go.

Went to my first ever Airsoft skirmish at Bolton Woodlands. Really Enjoyed it!

Hi, my comment was only wondering (out of interest) if hosting a game like that for mates counted towards getting on UKARA db. It doesn't, but don't think if it all friends that legally you need any insurance just like you don't to have friends around for pretty much any activity :)

Archived