Best Beginners Gun for around £150?

JRTIGHE
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, you may have seen my other topic but I thought I'd start a new one as this title is more appropriate. Basically I'm looking for the best AR for around £150. This can be including or excluding battery/charger. Does this look any good to you veterans? http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/G-G-M4-GR-1...un_ANHG0.aspx?0

If you have any more suggestions then please post them here. I quite like the idea of blowback so that's one of my preferences.

What's the CM16 got over the one I posted? I'd like to have blowback as the aesthetics of the gun matter a lot to me (even know I can only have two tone haha).

I took a look at it after you recommended it in my last topic, and I couldn't seem to find it in stock anywhere! :( Do you have any recommendations over what battery and charger to buy? Thanks.

Thanks for all your help Marksman. Does it matter about what physical size? That's the thing which confuses me (whether it will fit or not). What type of mAh should I be looking for?

BIG problem I have is it doesn't say anywhere which type of chemical batteries the M4 GR-16 should have?

Would a nuncuck type battery fit? Also what type of connector am I looking for?

• Supporters

If you look for batteries labelled as "mini-types" that are 8.4v then you'll have no problems with it fitting. Nun-chuck batteries will be fine too.

You could get lipo batteries as well, so long as you don't get more than 7.2v ones.

As far as I'm aware the chemical used doesn't matter.

The more Mah the longer the battery will last, so get the most you can whilst still keeping the battery a mini.

If you have a mah of below about 2000 you might want to think about getting two batteries, if you're very trigger happy on auto then one battery of that size might not last you a whole day.

I've PM'd you about Welbeck by the way. Glad to finally find someone on the forums that I might one day meet at my own site lol.

Edit: Missed the part about connectors. Mini-type batteries typically have mini-tamiya connectors, if the gun is meant to use mini-type batteries, I can more or less guarantee the gun will come equipped for use with mini-tamiya connectors.

If you email the shop you're planning to buy from, they'll probably be able to sort out any connector issues you might have.

• Supporters

Glad to help. I love it when people join up having actually read around the sport before hand.

You get some people join up who just want crap spring guns for £40, so every time someone comes along who's seriously interested in the sport, it's a pleasure helping them out lol.

Haha I understand what you mean :P I'd really like to get into Airsofting and if it weren't for the initial high cost (equipment + gun) then I think I would have done it sooner! How many times a month do you usually go?

Archived