G&G MP5 external parts

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

A while ago the charging handle snapped off my MP5, which makes getting to the hop up a pain in the arse and because I don't like guns being "wrong" because bits that are vital to the RS are missing, I haven't used it since and I'm starting to miss it.

So does anyone know where I can get a new one? I already know that ICS and Classic Army don't work and I've read a report on Zero One that says TM don't either.

I'm literally just talking about the part that sticks out above the barrel that you pull on, not any of the hidden inside the gun gubbins. Sticky-outy-pully-handle only.

The closest I can get is buying this whole set and taking the charging handle out and swapping it in, but it seems a bit over the top considering the part I want is such a small part of it - http://jdairsoft.net/product/d5065aca-0be2...e15aa4656b.aspx

Anyone help me out?

Edit: Ignore this until the above gets a response first, I don't want this idea taking over the thread, my charging handle is my no.1 concern.

But whilst we're on the topic of MP5s... Does anyone know if the G&G MP5A4 (full solid stock version) can be fitted with a sliding stock and rewired to the front? I've seen MP5 lipo kits you can buy where the handguard IS the lipo battery. Which I think seems like a pretty awesome idea, so if I can get an awesome collapsable stock and have the handguard become a battery then that'd be great.

• Supporters

I'm afraid the lipo handguard is a whole new gun, it wont be compatible. No reason why you can't front wire it though, and put w lipo in the handguard.

Can't help with the charging handle though :(

• Supporters

Damn, I thought I'd just be able to buy the different gun's front end or the battery contacts or something. As I don't like the stock on the actual battery hand guard gun :(

Damn. Well I guess I could sell mine, buy the different gun, then change the stock... But the different gun costs about £350, a whole £130 more than the one I bought and I might've got a one in a million because it's awesome so I don't want to risk it anyway.

Damn and blast =[

Plus, I don't think I'd be able to front wire this model because the hand guard has literally no space inside it whatsoever.

• Supporters

I've got possibly the smallest lipo on earth, it's 7.2v and 800mah and there's just no chance of it working.

The hand guard is practically filled in so it meshes tighter with the gun. I could probably hollow it out or get a bigger handguard, like one with a torch on it or something, maybe.

It'll have to be another project for another time though as I'm skint at the mo.

Think of any reasons why the charging handle from the set I linked wouldn't fit? I think it might be my only option.

I really can't believe they don't sell them separately anywhere, I'd have thought they'd be the most sought after MP5 part on the market, they're certainly the most likely to break.

Land Warrior just got back to me, they're who I bought the gun from, they've sourced me a new charging handle and they've said that fitting a new stock and rewiring to the front can be done, but as you said, the lipo grip thing can't be.

Which is a shame, but at least I've had it confirmed well and truly by the shop now and even better, I can fix my gun finally =D

Still no idea what battery would fit in the front though.

Archived