GZ Weekender/NAE 2012

Finius
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

So Josh, are the regens really far away from where the action congregates? & how long do the skirmishes last for?

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

I'm pretty sure it's one big game that lasts all day as opposed to loads of seperate one (obviously you can stop and take a break when you want)7I haven't been to GZW for a while but regens can be a bit of a walk- one of the complaints after last year was that people struggled to find them so they should have addressed that for this year

it all depends on where you are as they are random point and the points have different dead times,your main base is a regen of 5 mins,some can be 10 mins others 15 mins.their are around 9 dead zones including your own base.game times are around 10:30 am until 4.30 pm both days but you can go for lunch whenever you want or go back to your tent.the night game is lots of smaller games about 25 v 25 and that is 8pm until 12 pm

• Supporters

So during the day it'll be a good idea to go into the field with plenty of water and full mags, yeah? My camelbak is feeling like a really good idea right now!

yes mate especially if the starting areas were the same as last year.on saturday delta were the furthest away from the camp/food area and sunday they were the closest.could be different this year though.2 high caps and a mid last me fine as you fill up in the dead zone.

back in 2010 i kept running out of ammo this time will be different 9 low caps +4 in the bag 3 hi caps +2 on the m4, 4 40mm + 2 in the bag and 5 pistol mags also have room for 12 grenades 3 smokes and what ever else catches my eye (oh look shinny B) )if anyone wants to drop kit in me bag let me know

• Supporters

No pyros allowed, Craig.

No pyros allowed, Craig.

BFGs are, fuse lit ones like thermobarics, smoke etc arn't allowed.

WHAT? no frags what will i do with no grenades oh woe is me :(

• Supporters

Yeah Tariq, sadly I cant afford a bfg before then. I'm with you Craig, even tho I rarely get kills with 'em, I love flashbangs for routing people out of cover!

ahwell more room for ammo lots and lots of ammo and water, but mostly ammo

Yeah Tariq, sadly I cant afford a bfg before then. I'm with you Craig, even tho I rarely get kills with 'em, I love flashbangs for routing people out of cover!

There is a new BFGX coming out soon... although doubt it will be cheap.

I was lucky to find a "brand new" (used 4 times) delay type dynatec for £80. £20 lower than what some people were stupidly asking for on the Z1 forums. Even if you could afford one they're rare as fook in good condition.

ill stick to the 40MM and my flash bangs (co2) also water food and ammo if your stuck out in the bush you will get as hungry as your aeg

Just stick a couple of marsbars in the 'nade launcher. Handy food storage container

• Supporters

I usually take treacle toffies for energy and extra strong mints to keep my mouth wet without drinking all my water and needing to piss every 5mins, but I'm wondering now about the possibilities of taking something more nutritious into the field like an MRE. I get headaches if I go for too long with exercise and just refined sugars and starches to eat. I'll probably be fine the first day, but the second could be a mare!

Hmmm, the search for something vegetarrian, nutritious and ok tasting that either is an MRE or can be put in a plastic bag and expected to survive a couple of days unrefridgerated is on!

skittels are great for what your talking about for years i carry two packs in my smock for patrols ect also MRE's i bought 3 from my local airsoft shop also dont for get batt's for your peq 15s and radios

• Supporters
Deposit paid, who should I send my phone number to for campsite coordination?

Me.

If you would also reply to this thread, that will help me keep my head organised... :D

@Craig: I don't like skittels or m&m's, smarties, etc. The shells remind me of sugared almonds, for which I have a visceral loathing!

Just ordered a 1600mAh, so thats 2 of them a 1500 and an 1150 for my AK and a 1600 9.6V for my SLR. I've also got a massive Component Shop 4300 9.6V that doesn't fit in the SLR stock, but I'm thinking of dismantling it and seeing if I cant reconfigure its shape to go in... Hopefully I'll have a deal with a few others organised this weekend for radios and maybe headsets too, so I'm feeling good about the mission!

• Supporters

when you say "a deal with a few others organised this weekend for radios and maybe headsets too", does that mean radios for sale? if so, I'm interested in a big way, being in the dark with what others are doing is a big pet hate of mine, not so bad on a 15v15 skirmish in some woodland, but with a few hundred people knocking about it could all get very frustrating!

• Supporters
when you say "a deal with a few others organised this weekend for radios and maybe headsets too", does that mean radios for sale? if so, I'm interested in a big way, being in the dark with what others are doing is a big pet hate of mine, not so bad on a 15v15 skirmish in some woodland, but with a few hundred people knocking about it could all get very frustrating!

Yeah, I'm with you 100%!

I'm trying to organise buying a bunch of Motorola TLKR T4's and either Element ELITE II headsets, or surplus Bowman headsets and Element TCI PTT's.

We had 3 of us for the radios but 1 has dropped out and 1 or 2 more may come in tomorrow. 2 of us want the headsets, but I only just mooted the idea of getting surplus ones and bodging the PTT's onto them - 1 or 2 more may also want them: again we speak 2moz.

We're all in the East Midlands, so unless you either want to come up here for a night game on 18th Aug, camp overnight, play Sunday also, and meet us/collect your radio and/or headset, or trust me to bring it/them to NAE12 for you, I can't see how we can include you; but I'm open to either of those or any other ideas.

QUESTION FOR NAE VETS

Do they allow rubber/plastic knives/melee weapons and kills at the GZ Weekender?

just seen no rubber knife's damn there go's my bayonet if every one has a radio we will have to find out what fq every one else is on with around 1600 people there will be a lot of radio chatter

• Supporters

No knives = serious bummer! I've recently got a "Cold Steel" 13" one that isn't too dissimilar to an SLR bayonet. I was thinking of getting a 3' plastic katana though!

Yeah, we'll need to have some pre-arranged radio codes I expect.

Archived