GZ Weekender/NAE 2012

Finius
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Up to 4 mates coming now, two definite, two need to sort out money and one needs to sort out travel as he live in Bristol :P

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

any of you's know if you can post all your kit to the site

• Supporters
any of you's know if you can post all your kit to the site

No idea, mate. You'd be best emailing them direct and asking I reckon: [email protected]

You can't be the first person to have considered doing just that to avoid taking kit on a plane, eh?

So when you said "good work lad", did you mean for starting the Comms Thread?

is everyone off af-uk camping in the same area then or splitting up?

I'd like us to camp in a circle so we take over a clearing in the middle between our tents, if possible. Is whoever it was who said they're bringing an open fire bowl/stand/thingy still coming? If so, that would be great in the middle, but even if not, it still makes sense because we can make a couple of well defined paths in and out and hang things like supermarket bags on our guylines to discourage people from walking through and tripping over them, pulling the pegs out, tearing tents, falling over onto tents, etc., and it makes sense from a security point of view too (I have a good deal of faith in my fellow man, but we shouldn't ignore the fact that thieves don't wear black and white striped jumpers and eye masks).

If we camp in different places, it'll take forever to organise deploying out into the field... as it were :lol: even if more than one person takes me up on the mobile phone number swap idea! You know how it is, for every extra person involved the amount of time it takes to get from it being a good idea to actually going is multiplied exponentially. If we're not all there to hurry each other up, or just by our foot-tapping, sighing, presence, shame people into getting their sh!t together, it'll be 1/4hr, 20mins, 25mins, 1/2hr... we might as well bloody forget it!

I mean, I'm not into appointing a leader/s whose authority extends into the camping area, although I wouldn't mind taking orders from somebody who has a plan out in the field, so long as they're delivered without any 'up-themself-ness', but TBH, that's the only way I could see us being able to deploy as a team if we are camped in a variety of locations: you know, one person to say, "This is 'H hour' of 'D day', be there on time or fμ<Ж off and die!" Not my idea of a fun weekend...

Yeah, that is a shame Nick.

yeah the camping idea sounds good to me,have a few beers round the fire,last year it wasnt the players that wernt ready it was the marshall,it was quite funny seeing the marshalls trying to stop 1700 blood hungry hounds from starting.

• Supporters
yeah the camping idea sounds good to me,have a few beers round the fire,last year it wasnt the players that wernt ready it was the marshall,it was quite funny seeing the marshalls trying to stop 1700 blood hungry hounds from starting.

LOL! Cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war!

• Supporters
yeah ha ha.there is now going to be a big screen to watch movies on instead of a live band as it couldnt be organised

Probably better for me because the band would almost certainly not have been to my taste. I mean I'm generally so sick to the back teeth of pretty much anything with electric guitars, but most especially the classic format 4-5 piece band, that I really can't listen to anything but the foremost practitioners of the art, usually those responsible for creating a style or whole genre actually, or if not, giants within the pantheon of musos' gods anyway... I realise that sounds snobby, but I'm a sound engineer - it's just been done to bleedin' death!

• Supporters

I am extremely interested in going along to this, just had my summer leave confirmed and I'll definitely be off that weekend. Anyone have any objections to taking a (relative) newbie along? Also, what to do about battery charging, other than just bringing along a couple of fully charged ones?

you'll have to be quick the booking date ends on the 1st

• Supporters
I am extremely interested in going along to this, just had my summer leave confirmed and I'll definitely be off that weekend. Anyone have any objections to taking a (relative) newbie along? Also, what to do about battery charging, other than just bringing along a couple of fully charged ones?

I don't mind n00bs, I'm not that long from being one myself, and compared to some I still am...

I dunno if there'll be any battery charging opportunities. I mean I expect some people will bring generators and maybe the GZ people will provide some power, maybe not, but if there are 1600+ people there the chances of getting to use any of those options is pretty slim, eh?

I'm going with stocking up on batteries in the coming weeks and taking them all fully charged.

What batteries have you got and for what gun/s?

give me your car and i have a charger that charges airsoft batterys off a 12volt car battery.of course your welcome imo.everyone was a noob once and airsoft is about getting together

• Supporters

Gun is a TM M4A1 with a few mods and a TM 5-7 GBB, takes a mini type battery in the foregrip, I have 3 batteries available, 2x 1600mah ones and a 600mah emergency one. Will that be enough providing they're fully charged?

Fair point about the 1600 people and charging ability... Anything available to all would end up being swamped anyway.

Regarding being quick, I've got more than a week yet, that's ages!

ive got the same m4 im planning on taking it with me lipo batt's tend to pack a lot of power

• Supporters

I think I'll just get another 1600mah battery and hope for the best, it's only 2 days skirmishing really. Have permission from the boss (mrs jcheeseright) so I'll book up this weekend. Where do I get an AF-UK patch from?

• Supporters

I use a 1600mAh mini stick type NiMh in my AK - it lasts me until early afternoon on a day skirmishing from about 09:50. I've got a 1500 that sees me to the end of the day, 16:00-ish. I'm planning on getting another 1600 and I've got the 1100 that came with the gun for emergencies (it doesn't perform as well as it should - I can literally run it down in 45mins of intense skirmish). I expect that 3 1600s should do you.

If you see a post by Devastator, there's a link in his siggy to buy a patch, otherwise there's a pinned thread.

If that's an open offer to the AF-UK team, Josh, thanks! I might need a squirt of juice for my L1A1 - assuming somebody is coming in a car of course, because I haven't got one!

• Supporters

I've never flattened a battery at a skirmish, and I used to use an 8.4V 1100mAh in my M4. Now use an 8.4V 3700mAh in my M16, so there's pretty much no chance of me flattening it. Used it 3 skirmishes in a row without charging before.

As we're on the topic of batteries, would a 7.4V 1600mAh Li-Po last the same length of time as a 9.6V 1600mAh Ni-MH?

Also, with Li-Pos, what's the C rating mean?

Gonna need to use a Li-Po in my new M4 when I get it, and what'll fit is a 7.4V 1450mAh 20C+ continuous discharge one, how will that last in comparison to a standard 9.6V 1600mAh?

• Supporters

How many BBs do you get through on average, in a day's skirmishing, Liam?

• Supporters

1000 maximum, probably less..

• Supporters

Ah, well there we are then... I get through an average of 4000! I big into suppressing fire.

• Supporters

I take a couple of shots, if they miss then I tend to stop firing and get closer. Work on the logic of 'if I can't hit them, they can't hit me', which most of the time with my M16 is true :P

• Supporters

I'm old, knackered and a bit infirm (I have to cane my pain meds to skirmish at all), so running is not something I can do much of, so I often support the team by firing at the enemies' cover to make them keep their head down while my more active team mates move up, by the sounds of it, like you.

• Supporters

If I feel lazy, or stayed up all night the night before, then I snipe all day instead. Much less work, find a nice bush and lay there most of the day :P. In the afternoon game, I usually stay in literally one place with my sniper and a few mates (another sniper and 2 AEGs), the four of us can hold the position all afternoon :P

• Supporters

Yeah, that sounds like a plan! I'm only just starting to get to grips with how to go about skirmishing with my DWR, but maybe I can take some pointers from you @NAE12.

i used 3500 for both days,night game and bedding a new hop in,in the range last year.Ian last year all the althletes ran straight into the fight and 200 came back dead so its better to play tactical,the sites that big you cant run everywhere with all gear trust me i tried it and nearly died and im healthy aswell

Archived