GZ Weekender/NAE 2012

Finius
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

We are setting off form Glasgow about 0900 picking up Finius (god help me) about 1400 and we will be at NAE about 1800

Sundown is about 2000 so lots of time to set up camp :)

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if your see a N Ireland football flag then that would be me you wont miss it also i take it all the AF-UK team will be in the same area

• Supporters

Sundown is at 8? As if it is.

It's about 8 now. It'll be 10 at least by mid August. Surely?

• Supporters

Makes sense.. Ed doesn't know how the Sun works.

Anyway, how many people from AFUK are going? I'm still unsure :/

updated list for the weekender

joshcowin

jake parker (my mate)

finius

flynn

flynns mate jim

liam porter

tariq

Nickonia

Craig

Jason

i think thats it write if your coming and i will add you on the list

• Supporters

craig-wh and craigs brother had canceled :(

Joshcowin

Jake Parker (my mate)

Finius

Airsoft Ed

Flynn

Flynn's M8 Jim

Liam Porter

Marksman 556

Tariq

Yeah im coming. Also some of my Uni lot are coming.

So i may be in my own "sub-squad" :P

• Supporters

I'm still unsure though, all depends if dad wants to go to Reading Festival or not - if he does, I'm going there, if not, does anyone wanna buy 4 tickets? :L

err lads i think you forgot someone <_< also my brother is on leave from the navy that week so he will be joining me so it'll be me on the minimi and jason on the m4/203 so woohoo im happy B)

• Supporters

It the money's right I won't be coming alone, I'll be bringing my brother Billy, who I think is on here as Billy Hotchkiss, my mate George and my mate Andrew who's on here as "200rabbits"

• Supporters

I've been thinking more about transport recently and it occurred to me that there are sort of "boarders" with train lines and companies.

For example, when I'm visiting my girlfriend I get a train from Sheffield to Leeds and then one from Leeds to Skipton, but I pay for it as one ticket "Sheffield to Skipton" and deal with the changes myself etc etc.

But, I recently found out that if I buy two lots of tickets, one from Sheffield to Gargrave (I think, it might be somewhere else) and then one from Gargrave to Skipton, it costs me less to go exactly the same distance, via exactly the same trains.

So I'm thinking, there must be other places along practically every train line in the country where the fair for the ticket sort of "ticks over" to the higher end of the fair price, so if I (or anyone else) books their train to the NAE by booking tickets to all the stations prior to this illusive fair boundary station, then tickets to the next one and the next one, instead of just buying one ticket for the entire journey, it might come out costing something reasonable. Not something mental like the £300 odd I was quoted for the other day.

Don't suppose anyone either a: understands what I mean, or b: knows where all these train fee boarders are?

I think I might take a trip to my local station and quiz them on it, then see if that, combined with booking in advance can be used to make it an affordable trip. 'Cos at the moment, getting a lift, or a coach, is looking like my only options and neither of them seem that plausible, or likely to happen.

• Supporters

National Express is a coach service right?

I've found a pair of return tickets for about £90 but it takes about 8 hours to get there =/ which is a bit steep considering the amount of time it takes, it more than doubles the amount I was planning on spending...

• Supporters

I think I remember reading somewhere on the site that you can leave on the Monday, best to confirm it though. I definitely will be if it's possible.

• AF-UK Founding Member

Ed you can always try student discount. I think national express give it.

I do know what you mean with tickets. Generally it is when you switch providers i.e. Virgin to Arriva etc.

okay, as i've been away I need to do some catching up on stuff,

1. which team are we going into?

2. is there any time pressure to book?

Thanks a lot

Archived